I upgraded from 1.3.09 to 1.3.11 over the weekend and notice my memory log is only being written at startup, a couple of restarts and battery pulls did not fix it. I had to clear the log before it started writing to the log again. I did not see this in the previous version, I would expect the log's older entries to be deleted and new ones added anybody else having an issue with the new version?
    04-20-09 12:57 PM
    The phone / OS is supposed to be smart enough to handle upgrades to applications that have persistent data, such as MeterBerry. Occasionally however the phone doesn't handle things correctly. If you uninstall the application completely and reboot, it will clear the persistent data. Then you can reinstall.

I'd guess the phone corrupted something in the persistent store when you upgraded to the new version, and clearing the log fixed it.

If you have any questions or problems, feel free to e-mail me at help@meterberry.com. It is a little easier for me to track things via e-mail.
    04-20-09 01:35 PM
    My logs are working exactly as they did before the upgrade. Do you have it set to clear your logs on startup?
    04-20-09 01:39 PM
    The phone / OS is supposed to be smart enough to handle upgrades to applications that have persistent data, such as MeterBerry. Occasionally however the phone doesn't handle things correctly. If you uninstall the application completely and reboot, it will clear the persistent data. Then you can reinstall.

I'd guess the phone corrupted something in the persistent store when you upgraded to the new version, and clearing the log fixed it.

If you have any questions or problems, feel free to e-mail me at help@meterberry.com. It is a little easier for me to track things via e-mail.
    Man, you are quick
    04-20-09 01:40 PM
    No I didn't have it configured to clear on startup, I cleared it manually. Configured the same as the previous version.

Thanks Giant for the quick response. Most likely something as you stated, its updating correctly now. I also noticed that it did not display my device memory or media card until I did a battery pull. I was just curious if anybody had an issue.
    04-20-09 02:42 PM
    No I didn't have it configured to clear on startup, I cleared it manually. Configured the same as the previous version.

Thanks Giant for the quick response. Most likely something as you stated, its updating correctly now. I also noticed that it did not display my device memory or media card until I did a battery pull. I was just curious if anybody had an issue.
    Just a tip, if you see "Not Found" for your device or media card memory, it most likely means your phone is plugged in via USB. Access to the memory is blocked when the phone is plugged into your computer.
    04-20-09 02:47 PM
    Giant,

I did see that you posted that previously, I was not connected to the USB port and did not have "not found" msessage, just empty fields.
    04-20-09 03:11 PM
    I recently purchases v1.3.9...how do i update?
    04-20-09 03:32 PM
    I recently purchases v1.3.9...how do i update?
    You need to log back into the site where you purchased MeterBerry. From there you can download any updates to applications you've purchased in the past.
    04-20-09 03:33 PM
    I just installed a new OS the hybrid .122/.131/5.0 one and my discharge rate was 43.5%! It's dropped down to 30.5% and seems consistent, but is that even somewhat normal? Oh, and my battery is staying at the same level and I'm not using it. So I take it the indicator is a fluke?
    04-21-09 02:29 PM
    I just installed a new OS the hybrid .122/.131/5.0 one and my discharge rate was 43.5%! It's dropped down to 30.5% and seems consistent, but is that even somewhat normal? Oh, and my battery is staying at the same level and I'm not using it. So I take it the indicator is a fluke?
    Sounds like a hybrid OS problem. Do a reset and let it run for a few days. if it still fails, I'd blame this wacky hybrid OS of yours!
    04-21-09 03:17 PM
    What is your "since" time for the discharge rate? Before or after the OS install?

I would just try resetting it. Could be a similar problem to what I described above with the persistent store.
    Last edited by Giant Cashew; 04-21-09 at 03:20 PM.
    04-21-09 03:18 PM
    It was right after I installed the OS and now that it's had a few hours it's down to about 3.0-3.3% So it must have just had a wack reading for a bit because of the hybrid maybe lol. Anyway, thanks for the replies
    04-21-09 05:49 PM
    It was right after I installed the OS and now that it's had a few hours it's down to about 3.0-3.3% So it must have just had a wack reading for a bit because of the hybrid maybe lol. Anyway, thanks for the replies
    Keep in mind that the discharge rate is a running average that is normalized to % / hour.

So, if the discharge rate is reset and then you lose, for example, 3% in the first 5 minutes, your discharge rate will display as 36% / hour.

The longer the time span of the calculation, the more accurate it is.
    04-21-09 10:25 PM
    Ah thank you for that. I wasn't exactly sure how that was calculated. I thought it was funny I was getting those big of numbers. Then one time when I restarted my phone I had a negative discharge lmao I got a chuckle out of it. But thanks again for the help, you guys are awesome ^.^
    04-21-09 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD