This is relatively new behavior: clicking alt-o or alt-p in the Messages app takes forever to show the filtered results, as long as a minute or so. It freezes the App while it's doing this, and sometimes fails with an uncaught exception error in the Messages app.

Has anyone experienced this and know a fix? Thanks.
    06-30-12 04:11 PM
    this can be due to...... 1. lot of apps running in background... 2. You have lot of data and it's not indexed properly... ........ You can advance backup you Blackberrry (backup emails, sms, text, phonebook, memo, etc.) not settings and other stuffs.... ... wipe you device.... once wipe is complete...pull battery....insert battery.....restore backup file.... see if problem is solved.... it you still get uncaught exception error.... then you need to update your OS....it's easy.... search this forum..... ...
    07-01-12 12:36 AM
    Thanks for the reply, but...

I have a problem every two weeks it seems, where someone chimes in and suggests I wipe and reinstall the OS without restoring settings. Of course, this means I have to take hours to do so and manually restore settings.

I won't do it of course, because I don't have time to do this every two weeks. If OS 10 isn't drastically better, Blackberry is dead dead dead.
    07-03-12 06:42 PM
    I posted this to the 9930 thread. Why did this get moved to the apps thread? This is a native Blackberry App, and the issue likely OS-specific. How can I get it moved back?
    07-03-12 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD