Downloaded Message Prevue from App World couple of days ago and have to say, along with all others who give it 5 stars, on the whole very impressed with it. There are, however, two problems the preview for incoming sms only shows their number (very difficult to recognise any caller by there number alone !!!) and it will not show a preview when the phone is locked. Was wondering if anyone else came across this and has a fix / solution.

Should have said I have a Torch 9800.
    05-16-11 10:58 AM
    Hi, this is Steven the developer of Message Preview. The name of the person who sent you the SMS should show if they are in your contact list. If they aren't in the contact list there isn't a way to know the name of the person.

When the phone is locked there isn't anything an app can do to display on the screen, sorry. Hope this helps.
    05-16-11 06:53 PM
    Thanks for your reply. But I'm getting no name from senders who are definitely in my contact list. I usually only ever get messages from contacts and their names are not showing at all.
    05-17-11 02:02 AM
    Maybe reboot your phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-11 02:45 AM
    Nope sorry. Thanks for the suggestions but neither work. Such a shame because would be a first class app without these hiccups
    05-18-11 03:47 AM
    I too, have a Torch 9800 - and based on the reviews I have read - sometimes the app works, sometimes not. I am on the losing end of that one.
    The app does not work for any of my emails, but happens to work for SMS - in which case, it does display the persons name. They are in my contact list so Steven is right in that case.

I contacted the support email, and it seems that I have received the standard "automated" response about deleting and re-installing the app, and unfortunately it has not worked. I am still waiting for the third email response....

I agree that this would be a world class, and extremely popular app, if the bugs are worked out, but it seems that it's bugs are very inconsistent. Another example of this - the app does work when the phone is locked - just need to make sure that option has been turned on...

...patiently waiting for this app to be repaired.
    05-18-11 06:14 AM
    TopRat _ Well we would seem to have a 100% fully working app between us because mine works for e mails but not for sms. I've tried everything so maybe its going to be a case of waiting for a fix / update. Hopefully not too far away !!!
    05-18-11 09:24 AM
    Well...here is the promising update!

Received an email from JaredCo Support team this afternoon saying that it would appear that there is something particular with my device that is preventing this app from functioning properly. They will continue to look at it at their end to see if they can find the solution, and will provide a notification and update for the app when available.

...so...let's hope!
    05-18-11 11:17 PM
    same issue.
    Girlfriend dont show up. comes up as her phone#.

Seen he rebooted and still no good. Some issue with the BB Phonebook im 100% sure. Because at first I thought it was because it was the freeware version but I see that I am not the only one facing this issue.

:uninstalled app:
    05-19-11 06:24 PM
    Hi, this is Steven the developer of Message Preview. The name of the person who sent you the SMS should show if they are in your contact list. If they aren't in the contact list there isn't a way to know the name of the person.

When the phone is locked there isn't anything an app can do to display on the screen, sorry. Hope this helps.
    Steven,

I have purchase the Message Prevue and it does not work for e-mails. I have made several steps and have no success on fixing the issue.

I have reboot my phone millions of time
    I have Pull out the battery millions of time
    I have wipe off my torch
    I have reinstall the app and ALLOW all permissions to it

What other thing should I do? Can I get a refund if the app is not working ? do you have any upgrade for it to make sure it will work?
    05-22-11 01:34 AM
    I love this app, it was money well spent to be quite honest. The reason it is coming up with the persons number is because it only shows the name if it starts without the area code, for instance '+44' for UK. Hope that clears it up for you. Also the only problem I have with this app is that when a text comes through I can't use any keys until the preview pop up has gone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-11 04:09 PM
    I found in the case of BBM contacts. (in BBM I highlighted (not selected) name, the in options linked contact with blackberry contact list. I also found that trying to scroll while doing this "accidentally selected" a random name. Go to "search" to get to correct name, then select. Works awesome. Turned view time to 30 seconds, found the default way too quick as I don't keep phone in hand 24/7 like others do (daughter). Just sayin! Hope this helps
    08-01-12 04:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD