Hi Guys,
    First of all, thanks for your feedbacks.

Very soon we will have a version which displays full HTML on the preview (getContent issue) and optionaly shows the sender photo from the address book.
    Regarding led alerts, is that something that a lot of you would be intrested of?
    The idea is not to mess too much with the default BB behaviour. Note that if you press 'm' on 'Message Peek' preview than this marks the message as read and the led color will return from red to green.
    We can't specificaly address other 3r'd party apss like bb alerts but we'll see what we can do about it.

If you have any feedbacks, please mail to us:
    support at (the sign..) messagepeek.com

Thanks,
    Message Peek support team
    03-17-09 11:35 AM
    Hi Guys,

Very soon we will have a version which displays full HTML on the preview (getContent issue) and optionaly shows the sender photo from the address book.
    Regarding led alerts, is that something that a lot of you would be intrested of?
    The idea is not to mess too much with the default BB behaviour. Note that if you press 'm' on 'Message Peek' preview than this marks the message as read and the led color will return from red to green.
    We can't specificaly address other 3r'd party apss like bb alerts but we'll see what we can do about it.

Thanks,
    03-17-09 11:38 AM
    Would love to see LED notifications built into MessagePeek but certainly not a must-have for me since I use another 3rd party app to do this.

However, I would REALLY LIKE to see the ability to turn off 'delete email' confirmations...kind of a pain to hit DEL and then have to confirm YES.
    03-17-09 11:59 AM
    I think the only problem is that if you start using LED alerts, often it conflicts with 3rd party apps that do the same thing that quite a few people use. It ends up being the source of a lot more complaints even though people ask for it.
    03-17-09 12:22 PM
    What about LED alerts as a switchable option for users to turn on or off at their discretion for those that have 3rd party apps that give alerts, in addition to the photo ID option. These were the two main reasons I went back to PaW, it was very easy to get use to one app doing everything.

A choice of which color LED to assign to different events could mean another trial with hopes of keeping it this time, for me anyway. I liked it but at the time it was lacking the two things I thought would have given it an edge.
    03-17-09 01:44 PM
    I have another application that manages my LED notification so if this feature is implemented with MessagePeak it should be an option.

What I would like to see is a better way to interact with the message once it pops up.

For example, I like using the space bar to scroll down and look at more of the message. However, pressing the space bar causes the message to close.

Also having keys assigned to the various functions would be great. For example, to forward a message press F, to reply all press L (these are the same keys that the native BB app uses).
    03-17-09 01:53 PM
    Hi Guys,

Thanks,
    If you have already purchased this how would you get the update??

Thanks!!
    Laurie
    03-17-09 06:04 PM
    I, personally, have no need for LED alerts, as I have my phone with me almost always and don't miss too many calls, emails, or SSM. I really like the other upgrade ideas you have. Great app guys...much better than the competition !!
    03-17-09 06:26 PM
    The bottom line is, how many people actually want custom LED alerts ONLY for email and sms? I can't see this being an enormously huge group...

If you want more, you would have gotten a 3rd party app to do so anyways.
    03-17-09 07:33 PM
    The bottom line is, how many people actually want custom LED alerts ONLY for email and sms? I can't see this being an enormously huge group...

If you want more, you would have gotten a 3rd party app to do so anyways.
    Agreed, but a number of 3rd party apps do not play well together, hence the desire to have one program that will do both. I think a pop-up program and an LED notification program are very similar in function after all: they both notify you of a message/email/call event. These should be options in programs anyways, so if someone doesn't want to use it, they can turn it off.
    03-17-09 07:42 PM
    ive submitted my suggestions but i thought id share with you guys here as well adn see what you think

1 - custom shortcuts
    2 - option to remove the picture icons becuase when u use the shortcuts we can maximize the screen

other than that, great app... love it
    03-17-09 11:37 PM
    I will give this a try when they put in photos of who's emailing and texting you. Don't want to use a free trial till I know I will like it.
    03-18-09 09:12 AM
    Hi, I have downloaded Message Peek and was wondering when I receive 2 messages at the same time I see the preview of the first one, how do I view the preview of the second one without going to the inbox?
    03-23-09 07:48 AM
    I used the trial version and I liked it better than peek a who and Aerize Alerts. Didn't buy the app because of the "get content" issue. Does anyone know if this has been fixed already?

I don't think adding LED notifications is a great idea, it takes from the simplicity of the app. This is why I stopped using Peek a who, it started as a simple message preview app and then they started to add stuff and it got too complicated, I lost interest and ended up deleting it.

I use BerryBuzz and it worked perfectly wit Message peek.
    03-27-09 12:27 AM
    "get content" issue has been fixed.

Same here, I use BerryBuzz and it works perfectly with MessagePeek.

Plus, they added optional support of displaying the sender photo and confirming of deletes.

Great program!
    03-27-09 04:30 AM
    I can't use any of these apps except for PeekaWho since it is the only one that allows you to filter which applications the pop up appears in. Why are they the only ones that have this option? I think it is one of the most important ones an app like this would need to have.
    03-27-09 10:27 AM
    Most important is subjective though. Peekawho causes phone lag which is pretty bad....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 10:52 AM
    It sure would be nice if this app would disable itself if the phone is in use. It is cumbersome to have to dismiss the pop up in order to be able to use the keys again for entering passwords, numbers, etc while on a call.
    03-27-09 01:17 PM
    It sure would be nice if this app would disable itself if the phone is in use. It is cumbersome to have to dismiss the pop up in order to be able to use the keys again for entering passwords, numbers, etc while on a call.
    It seems like you wouldn't even really need this app if you never want popups anytime you are using the phone for anything...
    03-27-09 01:21 PM
    It seems like you wouldn't even really need this app if you never want popups anytime you are using the phone for anything...
    Perhaps I was not clear. I meant when using the BB for an actual phone call. I love the popups for when i am using the BB for other things but while I am on a phone call, it would be nice if the pop up could be automatically disabled so that I do not lose control of the keyboard.
    03-27-09 01:34 PM
    Ah yeah, that falls into the app filtering like gameboy mentioned.

i.e., disable when in Phone app, Messages, etc all as checkbox options.
    03-27-09 01:43 PM
    The closest MessagePeek comes to supporting that now is to enable "show messages only when backlight is off", not quite as robust as you're all talking about though, since you want to disable pop-ups when you are in a certain app.
    03-27-09 02:18 PM
    Hi Guys,

In our next version, we'll have a feature set for applications that can be selected and when those on, the popups will not be displayed.
    Do you have any other suggestion or feature requests for the future version.
    Please let us know,

Message Peek Support team.
    03-27-09 04:39 PM
    Hi Guys,

In our next version, we'll have a feature set for applications that can be selected and when those on, the popups will not be displayed.
    Do you have any other suggestion or feature requests for the future version.
    Please let us know,

Message Peek Support team.
    How about having the option of assigning different color LED alerts to different events such as emails, IMs etc.
    03-27-09 04:44 PM
    One thing I think would be beneficial is if hyperlinks can be easier to see when they are highlighted in the popup.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 05:18 PM
133 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD