Bad news......BBAlerts is again not working correctly for SMS messages when MessagePeek is running. I can't figure out why this is so unpredictable. I'm going to try uninstalling and reinstalling again to see if it fixes it (again).

No news from the developers on any of the issues people are reporting and I haven't heard back from my emails to their tech support.

I love this product but it must be made more reliable before I'll plunk down any $$$ for it.
    03-01-09 05:38 PM
    skip bb alerts use berry buzz ...THeres is a thread on it ...It says best alternative for bb alerts...Works perfect with message peek..I have tried it myself..Check the thread out..
    03-01-09 05:43 PM
    I think I'm liking the PW interface just a little more than the MP. PW displays an image of the sender if they're in your address book and shows just enough of the message context to get an idea what it contains. I'm more interested in who's sending me a message than I am reading the whole message before I get to the message folders. If I never tried any others first then MP would probably be a good choice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 07:00 PM
    Heres the link for the berrybuzz app.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/bes...alerts-172368/
    03-01-09 07:01 PM
    Heres the link for the berrybuzz app.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/bes...alerts-172368/
    Tried berrybuzz and it doesn't work with SMS messages either. I have no idea what MessagePeek is doing to mess these alert programs up, but I've tried everything (turning off LED in the profile, battery pull, etc)...maybe MessagePeek should just add LED indicators to it's functionality - now that would be nice!
    03-01-09 08:31 PM
    Tried berrybuzz and it doesn't work with SMS messages either. I have no idea what MessagePeek is doing to mess these alert programs up, but I've tried everything (turning off LED in the profile, battery pull, etc)...maybe MessagePeek should just add LED indicators to it's functionality - now that would be nice!
    The problem is that only 1 program is allowed to listen for incoming SMS at any time. This is a limit of Blackberry that no 3rd party developer can bypass.

So if MessagePeek is already listening for incoming SMS, BerryBuzz can't and vice versa.

If the MessagePeek developer is reading. We have a simple means to allow any external app to trigger a LED notificiation via BerryBuzz. We are actually doing that with our own instango application.
    03-01-09 10:27 PM
    thanks pfluger...no idea if the developer is aware of this or not, they should be now...

I'd really like to see them add LED notifications to their program, but even before that, the issue with email messages displaying as "getContent". The program is pretty useless without the email message actually displaying.
    03-02-09 07:17 AM
    I'd really like to see them add LED notifications to their program, but even before that, the issue with email messages displaying as "getContent". The program is pretty useless without the email message actually displaying.
    The LED notifications is where PW becomes more well rounded as a preview app as well as the pic preview but I could also see the pic preview not being a deal breaker. I didn't come across the "get content" issue while testing MP but hopefully the writer will get that sorted out for you, it almost seems specific to the 8330.

If MP had similar or sufficient LED notifications I think it would gain a more widespread interest...maybe that's coming.
    03-02-09 07:48 AM
    Any 8330 Curve owners able to get MessagePeek and BerryBuzz to work together? I can't get any alert programs to work well with a message pop-up program...the SMS alerts never work, but it does seem that others have figured it out. Or they aren't using 8330 Curves.
    03-03-09 08:58 AM
    I also have that problem, with an 8900 on T-Mobile.
    03-03-09 12:42 PM
    The LED notifications is where PW becomes more well rounded as a preview app as well as the pic preview but I could also see the pic preview not being a deal breaker. I didn't come across the "get content" issue while testing MP but hopefully the writer will get that sorted out for you, it almost seems specific to the 8330.

If MP had similar or sufficient LED notifications I think it would gain a more widespread interest...maybe that's coming.
    Unless they fixed it, PeekAWho's led alerts always get stuck if you use any of their filters (apps or accounts)... Which basically makes them extremely annoying unless you only use default settings and filter nothing.
    03-03-09 02:18 PM
    Any word on when the "Get Content" message will get straightened out??

Thanks so much!!
    Laurie
    03-03-09 02:29 PM
    I have six or seven filters listed and haven't seen the program stall or hang up, I've been using it for two months.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 02:30 PM
    I didn't say the programs would stall or hang. The LED alert gets stuck and does not clear on it's own.

-You are using peekalab for customized led alerts
    -Say you filter the Messages app so you get no peekawho popups while in messages
    -You get an email while in the Messages app

PeekAWho doesn't handle/clear the led alert properly because that app is filtered, unless a new version fixed it... I told them about this issue and exactly how to do it a long time ago and it was still around for a long, long time. Between that and the phone lag when getting HTML emails (and the fact that you can barely read any of the body content of an email in the popup, compared to MessagePeek), I sorta stopped using the app even though I bought it.
    03-03-09 02:34 PM
    I didn't say the programs would stall or hang. The LED alert gets stuck and does not clear on it's own.

-You are using peekalab for customized led alerts
    -Say you filter the Messages app so you get no peekawho popups while in messages
    -You get an email while in the Messages app

PeekAWho doesn't handle/clear the led alert properly because that app is filtered, unless a new version fixed it... I told them about this issue and exactly how to do it a long time ago and it was still around for a long, long time. Between that and the phone lag when getting HTML emails (and the fact that you can barely read any of the body content of an email in the popup, compared to MessagePeek), I sorta stopped using the app even though I bought it.
    Well that's very descriptive p, I think I understand what you're trying to tell me now.

I haven't seen the issue(s) you've described regarding the LED not clearing or stopping after receiving messages but I'll keep my eyes open. I haven't noticed a slow down either while receiving HTML emails with the exception of turning the phone back on and there's a lot of incoming, I can almost expect that.

I prefer the shortened version of preview text and as I mentioned earlier I'm more interested in who's sending the message.

I tried MP and I can see how it would have it's appeal, hopefully it will evolve into something you'll be able to use.
    03-03-09 02:49 PM
    I prefer the shortened version of preview text and as I mentioned earlier I'm more interested in who's sending the message
    I agree to a point, except for one problem... The popup is huge. Most of the space is un-utilized. For what content is displayed the popup could probably be half size easily. Compare it to MP where you see the space is actually being used.
    03-03-09 02:51 PM
    I agree to a point, except for one problem... The popup is huge. Most of the space is un-utilized. For what content is displayed the popup could probably be half size easily. Compare it to MP where you see the space is actually being used.
    Another fine point well taken p but if I was to counter then I'd have to say the exact same about MP.

Too much context put up in the space pretty much equal to PW, PW brakes it up with either a pic of the sender or an asterisk if the sender isn't in your contact book. I'm looking for who's sending it and a brief idea of what the context is, that works for me.

Hopefully MP will evolve into what you need it to do.
    03-03-09 03:05 PM
    Any word on when the "Get Content" message will get straightened out??

Thanks so much!!
    Laurie
    So are us 8330 Curve owners the only ones who have this 'getcontent' problem?

Anyone else?

And has anyone heard from the support over at [email protected]?

I emailed a few days ago and haven't heard anything.
    03-03-09 05:57 PM

Anyone else?

I can't seem to get any answer to this problem and now my trial is up. I am not sure whether to buy this. If I do buy it and they get it fixed how will I get the new version without paying again for it??

Not very good customer service in my book.

Thanks,
    Laurie
    03-03-09 07:40 PM
    If the app just has you enter a registration # inside the app, you can download the new version then just re-enter your registration # generally. But you might as well wait till they fix it. What's the hurry?
    03-03-09 07:49 PM
    If the app just has you enter a registration # inside the app, you can download the new version then just re-enter your registration # generally. But you might as well wait till they fix it. What's the hurry?
    I agree and will wait to see what happens.

Thanks!!
    Laurie
    03-03-09 08:00 PM

Anyone else?

I get it on my Pearl 8120 as well. Seems to happen randomly. This is the email I got back from support last Friday:
    ==================

"Unfortunately, the problem you're describing is an issue with specific OS versions of BlackBerry. We
    are working on a workaround for this issue and when it be resolved, we will notify you for a free upgrade.
    Please note that it will probably take more than a week since next week, all our company is in an orgenized vacation.

Thanks again,
    Name left out intentionally
    Head of customer support,
    Wise Mobile Solutions."
    ===================

So they appear to be aware of the problem and will fix it after the vacation.

-mhaven
    03-04-09 01:28 PM
    I get it on my Pearl 8120 as well. Seems to happen randomly. This is the email I got back from support last Friday:
    ==================

"Unfortunately, the problem you're describing is an issue with specific OS versions of BlackBerry. We
    are working on a workaround for this issue and when it be resolved, we will notify you for a free upgrade.
    Please note that it will probably take more than a week since next week, all our company is in an orgenized vacation.

Thanks again,
    Name left out intentionally
    Head of customer support,
    Wise Mobile Solutions."
    ===================

So they appear to be aware of the problem and will fix it after the vacation.

-mhaven
    What the heck, my trial will run out by then, lol. Dammit
    03-04-09 02:11 PM
    I'm very impressed with the potential of this product, it is the best like it I've used so far (if they could just fix the few minor issues).....but the tech support is very wanting so far. I'm not plunking down any money until they've resolved these issues, which probably means my trial period will run out also.
    03-04-09 02:15 PM
    Trying to get any of them "PeekaWho, Message Peek" to be able to view my MMS on my 8350i. Am I out of luck when it comes to MMS since my phone doesn't receive SMS? The programs work fine with email messages on my 8350i but that's all it's working for. In that case it wouldn't be worth me purchasing it unless I can get a fix. Any ideas?
    03-16-09 11:03 AM
133 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD