Only issue I have is when I get some emails, the message part just says "getContent". I thought at first it only applied to html emails, but it appears to happen when i get text emails as well.

Otherwise I love the program. Is anyone else getting this message?
    I also get that message, not sure why.
    02-25-09 01:11 PM
    I have seen that. A battery pull has fixed it so far for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 01:32 PM
    Is anyone using this alongside blackberry alerts and if so, does it disable BBAlerts or do any other issues arise? TIA

02-26-09 01:31 AM
    does this programm show letters like � � �?
    02-26-09 05:34 AM
    anthoer requrest: may you can add an inbox button in the sms popup at the next version??
    see post #3

It would nice if they added PicID on the next update.
    Last edited by hudss; 02-26-09 at 10:22 AM.
    02-26-09 10:08 AM
    Also, how does this app get along with AUTOSTANDBY?
    02-26-09 10:26 AM
    see post #3

but aerize alerts just do it. so it would be possible for this programm too..
    02-26-09 11:13 AM
    Anyone else having the getContent problem?

In the body section of the email all that displays is "getContent".

I've tried a battery pull and still have the problem.
    02-26-09 12:15 PM
    but aerize alerts just do it. so it would be possible for this programm too..
    Yeah, 3rd party apps can open the SMS inbox, they just can't have access to it for things like marking read, delete, etc.
    02-26-09 12:30 PM
    yes, i understand but this programm doent go by sms in the inbox yet.
    02-26-09 12:42 PM
    Would be nice if the app didn't ask you to confirm deleting emails every time you press the 'del' key. Aerize deletes emails immediately when the "D" key is pressed.

Less key presses is better (less is more!).
    02-26-09 12:55 PM
    Anyone else having the getContent problem?

In the body section of the email all that displays is "getContent".

I've tried a battery pull and still have the problem.
    I'm having the problem as well, and am working with the developer for a solution. I'm not actually doing much of anything (just forwarding my e-mails that give me the error), but the dev seems like he's working on it.

That said, I'm in no position to say (nor do I know) when/if it'll be fixed.
    Last edited by gtownie; 02-26-09 at 02:38 PM.
    02-26-09 01:52 PM
    MessagePeek behaves fine with AutoStandby, but not with BBAlerts.

When an email is received, all is fine, but when an SMS is received, MessagePeek sends some type of event that makes BBAlerts think the message has been seen and it stops blinking. It's only with SMS messages though...
    02-26-09 02:38 PM
    I'm having the problem as well, and am working with the developer for a solution. I'm not actually doing much of anything (just forwarding my e-mails that give me the error), but the dev seems like he's working on it.

That said, I'm in no position to say (nor do I know) when/if it'll be fixed.
    Did you buy the app yet?? Do they have any idea when the problem might be fixed. Not sure I want to buy an app that doesn't quite work.

Thanks so much!!
    Laurie
    02-26-09 07:37 PM
    Did you buy the app yet?? Do they have any idea when the problem might be fixed. Not sure I want to buy an app that doesn't quite work.

Thanks so much!!
    Laurie
    I don't want this to come out mean, but I'm not a developer, nor do I know the developers. I have not bought the app yet (just started my free trial 2 days ago), but I do plan on it because I think it is so much more visually appealing than the program I used to use (aerize). Like I said earlier, I've forwarded many of my emails that gave me the error to the developers (at their request), and from all I can tell, they've been hard at work on fixing the problem.

Let's be clear, though - I have no connection with the developers and no idea when/if there will be a fix. I'm assuming there will be and it'll come out fairly soon based on what I know (that they're working hard on it), but I am not a developer and can't really answer that question.

My advice would be to keep checking to see if there's been a fix.
    02-26-09 08:56 PM
    I agree. This product (once the few kinks are worked out) is superior to aerize, which I've been using for about a month. Message Peek is visually a better product and also operates faster. Once they have these few bugs worked out (and hopefully add a few more options, like allowing deletes to not be confirmed everytime), I'll definitely be purchasing it.
    02-27-09 07:02 AM
    Also, how does this app get along with AUTOSTANDBY?
    Message Peek works perfectly with AutoStandby. This app works perfectly and is so much better than Peekawho and Aerize. You can read the entire e-mail, reply and delete, and can even go to "links" without going to the inbox. 5 Stars!

02-27-09 07:22 AM
    I have an 8120 Pearl and have a question. It says pressing "r" will reply to messages once they pop up on the screen however it seems to do nothing at all. Is there something I am missing with the shortcuts? The only one that seems to work is DEL. Or do the shortcuts only work on full QWERTY Blackberries?

And I also get the random "getContent" rather than the message body. Using the latest version of Peek.

Thanks.
    Last edited by mhaven98; 02-27-09 at 09:40 AM.
    02-27-09 09:23 AM
    MessagePeek behaves fine with AutoStandby, but not with BBAlerts.

When an email is received, all is fine, but when an SMS is received, MessagePeek sends some type of event that makes BBAlerts think the message has been seen and it stops blinking. It's only with SMS messages though...
    I can confirm that Message Peek prevents the SMS LED from blinking in BBAlerts as well. It is annoying and yes it does not affect regular email LED alerts as mentioned by the above poster. Maybe if Message Peek could have its own built in LED control it would resolve this? I really like Message Peek but it still lacks some features that would make it far superior to Peekawho. I will likely still purchase it though because I like the cleaner interface.
    02-27-09 09:52 AM
    I have an 8120 Pearl and have a question. It says pressing "r" will reply to messages once they pop up on the screen however it seems to do nothing at all. Is there something I am missing with the shortcuts? The only one that seems to work is DEL. Or do the shortcuts only work on full QWERTY Blackberries?

And I also get the random "getContent" rather than the message body. Using the latest version of Peek.

Thanks.
    Are you replying to an SMS or an email? The 'reply' and 'reply all' only work for emails.
    02-27-09 11:25 AM
    I can confirm that Message Peek prevents the SMS LED from blinking in BBAlerts as well. It is annoying and yes it does not affect regular email LED alerts as mentioned by the above poster. Maybe if Message Peek could have its own built in LED control it would resolve this? I really like Message Peek but it still lacks some features that would make it far superior to Peekawho. I will likely still purchase it though because I like the cleaner interface.
    Newsflash...I did a battery pull and also uninstalled AutoStandby and now BBAlerts works fine for emails, SMS, and phone calls. No idea exactly what fixed it but everything is fine now.
    02-27-09 11:27 AM
    Are you replying to an SMS or an email? The 'reply' and 'reply all' only work for emails.
    Thanks for the reply.

No it does not work for email. I never even tried SMS. Pressing "r" does absolutely nothing. Pressing "!" which is the shortcut for reply when you are in the email inbox does not work either.
    02-27-09 11:49 AM
    This app shows when I hit Alt back. I've tried closing it so I'm guessing it's supposed to be there like the browser, BBM, and the others. Is this the same for everyone else?
    03-01-09 02:39 PM
    Yep, mine works the same, this program always appears in the active app list.

03-01-09 02:42 PM
    Dangit I just bought aerize and now this comes out man....

03-01-09 03:37 PM
133 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD