I have used aerize, and peekaWho, and now use message peek...and I gotta tell you that Message Peek has it over both those apps. It gives you a full screen shot of your email or SMS for the allotted time you select. I've been using for about a week now and it has beeen flawless. Check it out...very nice clean app...that works GREAT. You can get it right here in the CB store. $7.99..and I think it comes with a free trial...Ilike it better than both peekaWho and aerize...Easy !!
    02-19-09 10:43 PM
    Looks great but two problems:

the first one is when i get any sms there stands the telephone number and not the contact name

second problem is you have to go into the incoming folder and click on the new message to get the new message icon out.
    02-20-09 12:26 PM
    Looks great but two problems:
    second problem is you have to go into the incoming folder and click on the new message to get the new message icon out.
    All apps have no way around this. 3rd party apps cannot access the sms inbox.

I own both Aerize and peekawho (and stopped using both due to various reasons). I'll give this one a try if they have a trial.
    02-20-09 12:34 PM
    ah okay i dont know. but then such a app is needless -.-
    02-20-09 12:37 PM
    Not needless. You can still mark as read/delete/preview/open Emails and you can still preview SMS without having to visit the inbox.
    02-20-09 12:39 PM
    One thing I can tell this app has that both Aerize and PeekAWho severely lack just from looking at the screenshots is that YOU CAN ACTUALLY SEE THE BODY CONTENT.

This is one thing I never understood about those two apps. The popup window is huge but at most you see a fraction of a sentence of the body content...
    02-20-09 12:40 PM
    but mostly i write sms. so i have to go for every sms in the inbox and that sucks. what a pity.
    02-20-09 12:41 PM
    I use PeeKaWho and love it. I have the concise popup text box checked and I can see most of the message in the popup. Aerize does allow you to determine how much of the message you want to see, but I didn't care for that program.
    02-20-09 03:29 PM
    So far liking this app a lot better than PeekAWho or Aerize... The popup display is much better (larger buttons, shows way more body content, doesn't lag the phone like PeekAWho so far).
    02-20-09 04:20 PM
    Except they just posted an upgrade...and after download...app won't open...dreaded ERROR...something about a module not loading...'puterspeak
    02-20-09 09:00 PM
    Hi guys,

Note that in the new 1.6 version the SMS sender name does show.
    Also, we've added to your request one click shortcuts for message actions like:

del - delete
    r - reply
    a- reply all
    f - forward
    i - open inbox
    m - mark read
    c - close all previews

Please come visit us at messagepeek.com

Enjoy!!
    02-21-09 04:37 AM
    Great app btw. One thing I wonder for future updates. "Mark as read" on emails is pretty slow currently. It pauses the phone for about ~5 seconds for 1 email.

One other minor issue is that an OTA install for the trial I bet would encourage more people to try it.
    Last edited by papped; 02-21-09 at 04:41 AM.
    02-21-09 04:39 AM
    anthoer requrest: may you can add an inbox button in the sms popup at the next version??
    02-21-09 05:26 AM
    Looks pretty good so far, although I have been around for a pop up yet.

I'll check the update also.
    02-21-09 06:54 AM
    Hi guys,

Note that in the new 1.6 version the SMS sender name does show.
    Also, we've added to your request one click shortcuts for message actions like:

del - delete
    r - reply
    a- reply all
    f - forward
    i - open inbox
    m - mark read
    c - close all previews

Please come visit us at messagepeek.com

Enjoy!!
    Using version 1.6.4 and the sms pop-ups do not show the contact name. Only show the number. These are from contacts in my address book. Downloaded / purchased last night. Please advise
    02-21-09 01:31 PM
    I'm gonna check this out thnx...
    02-21-09 01:33 PM
    Using the trial and really like it. The only drawback for me no led color option. I have to keep the phone on vib only at work and I rely on the led for msgs. Other than that its easy to read and a snap to set up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 01:35 PM
    I've been using Message Peek trial for 2 days and it works great. It does not slow down my Bold as aerize and peekawho did. I am going to purchase. Good job Message Peek!

02-21-09 02:49 PM
    Definitely faster than aerize. And ditto the inbox button for sms. Using trial now, but would buy it if it had the inbox button for sms and delete button for e-mail.

02-21-09 06:05 PM
    am going to give this a try
    02-21-09 06:16 PM
    Definitely faster than aerize. And ditto the inbox button for sms. Using trial now, but would buy it if it had the inbox button for sms and delete button for e-mail.

The newest version (1.6.4) has a delete function. Just hit the del button on your phone and it asks if you want to delete the e-mail.
    02-21-09 09:55 PM
    Purchased it yesterday and DEF!! Better than peekawho or aerize...worth the money....

02-22-09 03:37 AM
    Demoing. I like the close all option, since I often get emails in bunches. I think the PAW options are better especially the delete email option which is easier than hitting the del key.
    02-22-09 06:37 PM
    Only issue I have is when I get some emails, the message part just says "getContent". I thought at first it only applied to html emails, but it appears to happen when i get text emails as well.

Otherwise I love the program. Is anyone else getting this message?
    02-25-09 12:44 PM
    I've never seen that. My emails show the body content.
    02-25-09 12:48 PM
133 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD