New app:

[URL=http://software.crackberry.com/product.asp?id=468636]Menu Scanner at CrackBerry SuperStore (for OS 4.3 or newer)

Have you ever been unable to see your clock, battery, and memory indicators while using an app? Menu Scanner adds Date and Time, Battery Level, Free Memory, and Open Apps, to most menus throughout your BlackBerry (some menus block additions).

You can choose which items are shown and tweak where Menu Scanner tries to position the information in the menu. The time format can be 12 or 24-hour.

For example:

:: 12:10 am - Feb 5
    :: Battery 87% @ 78F
    :: Memory 12M (51%)
    :: Open Apps 5

The Menu Scanner readings will launch other LSphone utilities when clicked, if they are installed. Utilities that integrate with Menu Scanner include Meters, Memory Monster, and What's Running in My Phone?
    Last edited by LSphone; 03-17-11 at 11:32 AM. Reason: updated info
    02-06-11 01:05 PM
    Updated, fixed 24-hour mode, added Celsius, and built-in memory recoveries.

At the moment it's free.

Clicking the battery or open-apps readings still links to Meters or What's Running in My Phone?.

Debate may ensue, but I've come to the conclusion that as far as memory recovery, memory cleaning, and automatic log erasing go, the automatic options now in Menu Scanner are all that's practically beneficial beyond what's now built into the phones. Some other products offer other options, and even my own 2010 Memory Monster offers additional options, but I think the automatics of Menu Scanner are all that's needed now beyond what's built into the OS. Phones have more memory nowadays, and take a lot longer to run a garbage collection, so the old ways of doing extra memory recoveries are probably more hindrance than help, in my opinion.
    elmejor1009 and PiotrJot like this.
    03-17-11 10:41 AM
    Pretty Cool. I'm comparing to Meterberry readings and they seem to be dead on. Thanks.
    03-17-11 10:49 AM
    Thank you! I will give it a go, and come back with feedback.
    03-17-11 10:59 AM
    FYI: App is showing up as FREE on the store, not $.99 as you noted.

Sorry, just noticed you switched to free in your 2nd post. Nice one, will provide feedback if anything comes up.
    03-17-11 11:22 AM
    Pretty Cool. I'm comparing to Meterberry readings and they seem to be dead on. Thanks.
    There could be a discrepancy for up to a minute. If you're someone who likes everything squared away and wants to watch until it updates, then you don't have to keep closing and re-opening the menu, but it won't simply update by itself while visible, either. Each reading updates when it next receives the focus, after a minute has passed since the previous scan. So you could hilight something else, wait, and then run the focus over the scanner and it updates.

For a 'live' meter that updates constantly, there's the Meters utility that the Menu Scanner "Battery" reading links to, if installed.
    03-17-11 11:50 AM
    FYI: App is showing up as FREE on the store, not $.99 as you noted.

Sorry, just noticed you switched to free in your 2nd post. Nice one, will provide feedback if anything comes up.
    Have tried it both ways. Made it $0.99 at first because at the time there was an app (that provided nothing more than the clock) selling a bazillion copies, but I guess after everyone spent their money on that, they didn't feel like paying again for more features.

If anyone finds Menu Scanner useful and feels like supporting the developer, they can purchase the Meters or What's Running in My Phone? add-on, or the Thermometer and Overheat Alarm mentioned in the settings.

Thank you...
    03-17-11 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD