Since the upgrade to 128 the bolt menu quit working so I uninstalled then went to opera mini it works super fast but when I hit the menu button nothing happens and a matter of fact it locks the screen then I hit it again and I can scroll and do everything I hope this makes sense.
    02-11-09 04:00 PM
    hold the Q button, then select by pressing the number of what you need to do.

hopefully they will fix this soon.
    02-11-09 04:16 PM
    I noticed this too. I also noticed there are problems with other apps, the menu button will not show up the menu.
    02-11-09 04:18 PM
    Is the menu background transparent? This is an issue on themes with transparent menu's for other devices....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 04:32 PM
    so how do I close the browser?
    02-11-09 07:11 PM
    To close I hit the menu button and using the trackball I scroll down until that arrow at the bottom of the screen disappears and then I press the trackball and opera closes.
    02-11-09 07:52 PM
    I just hit the escape key the one to the right of the trackball and it closes totally out.
    02-11-09 08:02 PM
    when i push the menu key it does nothing. I have to push the escape key all the way through to get opera to exit
    02-12-09 04:08 PM
    When you push the menu key a small arrow should appear at the middle bottom of the screen.
    02-12-09 04:20 PM
    When you push the menu key a small arrow should appear at the middle bottom of the screen.
    The menu is there only not visible... The arrow is the visble part of the menu showing that there are more options below the screen than is already displayed (or not depending on theme).

02-13-09 03:37 AM
    when i push the menu key it does nothing. I have to push the escape key all the way through to get opera to exit
    When you push it if you scroll down (and then a bit more to what would be past the bottom of a normal menu list size) then click the track ball opera will exit. All the menu options are ther only not visible. If you know how far or how many clicks to get to an option you want, you can still click and select the option fine - it's just not visible. This is a work around, or look for a theme without transparent menu background or an "opera friendly" theme...

02-13-09 03:41 AM
    Isn't there an older version that will allow you to use the menu screen without guessing?
    I know I heard of it. I am thinking about using it just to see what the fuss is all about.

02-13-09 05:00 AM
    i too have this issue, with bolt, and every opera version they offer for the 8350i. Even Opera 3. Currently downloading the 5.2 but not optimistic. I've tryed everything to get the menus. it happened with the phone change (OS issues so Sprint gave me a refurb) any suggestions?
    01-15-10 10:16 PM
    i too have this issue, with bolt, and every opera version they offer for the 8350i. Even Opera 3. Currently downloading the 5.2 but not optimistic. I've tryed everything to get the menus. it happened with the phone change (OS issues so Sprint gave me a refurb) any suggestions?
    The only way I was able to get the menus to be visible was to upgrade my OS.

01-15-10 11:55 PM
    Do you have the red bar along the bottom with "manage" on the left and "back" on the right?? If so try Q and P key as soft keys to select these...

01-16-10 01:39 AM
    Download the "visible menu" theme

01-16-10 02:16 AM
    i just downloaded 5.2 beta and it works fine. menus are visible, and it searches...Goodnuff
    01-16-10 03:13 PM
    Opera Mini 5 Beta 2 works pretty darn good. I hid the shortcut to the native browser and I don't miss it a bit! Just the fact that it saves web site passwords makes it a "must have".

01-18-10 06:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD