I downloaded a free trial of this program.

It claims I have 33,000,000 of free memory while the status of the BB tells me I have 20,000,000.

How does this work?
    12-30-09 05:51 PM
    Get Aerize Optimizer. Its 3 in AppWorld right now on sale. The best one because it collects your ram. Memory that's being used as storage generally won't be saved. MemoryUp is too expensive.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-09 06:33 PM
    The reviews on this for App World are terrible. What does it exactly do?
    12-30-09 07:28 PM
    I have used MemoryUp Pro for well over a year now and I am unsure of it's performance being accurate! I have written to support about the memory free not relating to what my BB itself says and they really have no answer. I have recently uninstalled MemoryUp Pro and just using the Bolds Memory Cleaner to see if it helps my performance. I have a feeling that MemoryUp Pro is just a waste of needed space on my Bold and a waste of the money I spent on it because it doesn't seem to make a positive difference on my performance when I select it to clean the memory and then go check the memory.
    Has anyone had a positive review from the use of MemoryUP?
    12-30-09 10:34 PM
    No I seem to be one of the ones sucked into buying it because it was 50% off the other day. I see no real benefit in it so far. It claims to have cleaned up memory but when I check afterward it is always the same as before I performed cleanup. 3 bucks here 4 bucks there, I think some of these guys know they are putting out crap but figure for the small amount of money we wont do anything about it. Meanwhile the owners of crackberry keep pimpin out these applications. Makes me wonder how much money is being floated around crackberry to keep these apps upfront while we fall for the snake-oil? I think CrackBerry Kevin would have done well in the wild west in a top hat in front of the podium. Step right up folks, your blackberry not running like it should? Try some of Dr. blackberry's magic fix! Guaranteed to fix everything wrong with your blackberry! But sir it doesn't work! Did you buy some? Yes sir! Go away kid your botherin me.

Read me thread in 3rd party apps titled berryweather blows monkey chunks!
    Last edited by stoneworrior; 12-30-09 at 10:59 PM.
    12-30-09 10:56 PM
    Question: isn't it the case that all any of these apps do is run the JVM garbage collection script more frequently or on a certain schedule? I don't see how they can claim to increase your memory if all they're doing is exactly the same thing your device does on its own through GC, or what you can do by running the internal memory cleaner. Prove me wrong please
    01-02-10 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD