7 58.33%
  • BerryJoose, not worth buying

0 0%
  • MemoryMonster, was worth buying

1 8.33%
  • MemoryMonster, not worth buying

1 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Which ones have you tried and how do you feel?

You can select multiple options if you've tried more than one.

"Was worth buying" means it delivers benefit worth the cost.
    It doesn't mean worth buying just to try knowing you can get a refund.
    "Not worth buying" means it doesn't deliver benefit worth the cost.

This does not include feature-limited free versions. If you got the full product free, please vote according to whether it would have been worth buying or not at the current price. If you paid, please vote based on the actual price you paid, not list price, since I seriously doubt that many people buy these at list price so that's almost immaterial.

Unfortunately only 10 options are allowed, but these seem like the major players at the moment.
    Last edited by LSphone; 01-18-10 at 02:21 AM.
    01-18-10 01:15 AM
    I purchased both MemoryMonster and BerryJoose. I honestly have to say Joose was the one I was happy with. I got MemoryMonster for $1 and it does it's job so it was definitely worth it for what I got it for and Joose was $4 and I am extremely happy with Joose as well. I noticed a big difference almost immediately. Out of the two, I'd recommend Joose.
    01-18-10 01:37 AM
    IMO, none of the above are worth purchasing. To be honest, of the choices above, I have only purchased MemoryUp Pro for my old 8900 for $15. Not worth it at all for what it does. I think I have learned something since then...

For some of the applications such as Berryjoose, I find it hard to believe that a program that must access every aspect of a BlackBerry, and places icons all over the place, will make the system faster. If anything, I would tend to think that it makes your system SLOWER because it must read those areas in which it claims to speed up. Placebo effect if you ask me.

I once read a post that Michael posted which seemed to be very honest and straight forward. He indicated that most of these programs can only request the native garbage collector. And that this request may or may not be honored by the Blackberry depending if it agreed that it was needed.

I only keep 2 "so-called" memory boosting applications on my 9700 now, and both do the same exact thing. Meters & MeterBerry. MeterBerry has more icon eyecandy, but I still have to ask the app for memory cleaning. Meters, although not as pretty, automatically calls up the garbage collector for me with no extra steps. Both show the same exact system information, just in different formats.

I will say one thing though. LSPhone support is by far the best ever, and I would trust the use of Memory Monster before any of the other products listed, but I am very satisfied with just Meters.

Others may have different opinions, which are welcome.

Keep up the good work Mike... The city never sleeps...
    01-18-10 05:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD