Hi all, after a few weeks on a shrunken OS XXX I am getting memory drainage. I'm on a VZW phone with vendor removed.

Here is the apps that I have installed, all latest versions. Also, always am good about closing programs etc.

Any of these know bad leakers? After a few days of uptime, once it gets to about 7M, it is all downhill from there....

AP Mobile
    Docs to go (paid)
    Evernote
    Gmail
    Google Maps (last compatible with storm and 5.0)
    Google sync
    Google voice
    Later Dude
    PDF to go
    Pod Trapper
    Poynt
    Quick Launch
    Slacker
    The Score Mobile
    Time Mobile
    Viigo
    Vlingo

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Last edited by flyingj; 02-03-10 at 08:56 PM. Reason: running .419 SORRY!
    02-03-10 08:22 PM
    Hi all, after a few weeks on a shrunken OS XXX I am getting memory drainage. I'm on a VZW phone with vendor removed.

Here is the apps that I have installed, all latest versions. Also, always am good about closing programs etc.

Any of these know bad leakers? After a few days of uptime, once it gets to about 7M, it is all downhill from there....

AP Mobile
    Docs to go (paid)
    Evernote
    Gmail
    Google Maps (last compatible with storm and 5.0)
    Google sync
    Google voice
    Later Dude
    PDF to go
    Pod Trapper
    Poynt
    Quick Launch
    Slacker
    The Score Mobile
    Time Mobile
    Viigo
    Vlingo

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    try deleting that and see what happens.
    02-03-10 08:28 PM
    I find that if I leave Gmail app running it causes leaks on my phone, so I just use the Gmail plugin and let it go to my messages folder like the rest of the mail. I have another Gmail account but only log on when I need to check it.
    GSync also was causing leaks on mine so I took it off. I have as many 16 apps on mine and I boot up at about 39mbs and stay close to it for at least 24 hours than I start leaking some to as much as 5 to 8 mbs so I reset with Meterberry but my phone still works well.

What I would do is back up all the apps you have then install them one at a time and keep doing it every 12 hours or so and see how the phone does. That way you can isolate the app. You can use BBSAK.
    02-03-10 08:34 PM
    Viigo is a known memory hog. You should have much less memory leak if you delete Viigo.
    02-03-10 08:47 PM
    I find that if I leave Gmail app running it causes leaks on my phone, so I just use the Gmail plugin and let it go to my messages folder like the rest of the mail. I have another Gmail account but only log on when I need to check it.
    GSync also was causing leaks on mine so I took it off. I have as many 16 apps on mine and I boot up at about 39mbs and stay close to it for at least 24 hours than I start leaking some to as much as 5 to 8 mbs so I reset with Meterberry but my phone still works well.

What I would do is back up all the apps you have then install them one at a time and keep doing it every 12 hours or so and see how the phone does. That way you can isolate the app. You can use BBSAK.
    Do you use any themes?
    02-03-10 08:50 PM
    No themes.
    02-03-10 08:57 PM
    I've been running viigo forever and haven't seen issues in the past that I am aware of. Is there another and leaner RSS reader? That's pretty much what I use viigo for.
    02-03-10 09:00 PM
    I've been running viigo forever and haven't seen issues in the past that I am aware of. Is there another and leaner RSS reader? That's pretty much what I use viigo for.
    Freerange. Home | FreeRange
    02-03-10 09:04 PM
    no themes now I have in the past but they all leak. Running Lyricidal .451 hybrid.

Do you use any themes?
    02-03-10 09:17 PM
    If you just use Viigo for your news feeds and nothing else, download the news only version from ViigoNews | Viigo. It has a much smaller imprint on your phone and I've found that memory management is much better. If you really want to reduce any impact Viigo has on your memory, go into the Options and under the application settings, change the setting so that it doesn't stay open in the background. Also ensure its set for improved memory performance.

Using those settings, I get no leaks from Viigo and I only have to wait for a few seconds for my news feeds to load.

As to the other apps, all of the Google apps are known to leak at least a little memory. I used to find that Google Maps was really bad so I don't even use it anymore.

Basically, it could be any of the apps or a combination thereof. The best way would be to try deleting one for a day, then another, etc. and see which one impacts memory drain the most.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-10 10:26 PM
    Thanks all for the wisdom! I am guessing my several google apps may be contributors.
    02-04-10 12:11 PM
    I know people hate hearing this but the biggest problem you have is your still using a 9530. The phone will always have flaws due to a poorly designed OS. It will always have leaks to some degree no matter what you have on it. Just learn to accept it or move on as alot of others have. By the end of the year as most of the inital 9530 buyers contracts are up you'll see a big drop in people still using this device.
    02-04-10 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD