Since Ive gotten berryweather on .230 I have been having a lot of problems with it... Its been failing to update... Then when i go to my application switcher there is two icons for it but ones blank kinda a blue outline like an internet window then when i click it it freezes my phone have to do a battery pull.... And my application memory has been absolutely horrid since I've had it.

Maybe this should be in 3rd party apps not sure if it was just a .230 issue or if berry weather is just this horrible...
    Last edited by CornettBR; 09-27-09 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Should be in 3rd Party Apps
    09-27-09 05:07 PM
    have u tried a batt pull? i would delete it reinstall it and do a batt pull to see if that helps.
    09-27-09 05:29 PM
    Since Ive gotten berryweather on .230 I have been having a lot of problems with it... Its been failing to update... Then when i go to my application switcher there is two icons for it but ones blank kinda a blue outline like an internet window then when i click it it freezes my phone have to do a battery pull.... And my application memory has been absolutely horrid since I've had it.

Maybe this should be in 3rd party apps not sure if it was just a .230 issue or if berry weather is just this horrible...
    You don't have to do a battery pull when you click the blue icon labeled "weather" - just hit the red "end call" button and you'll get a java exception error. Hit OK and the icon will be gone.

The failing to update may be an OS issue. If you're finding that the icon isn't updating, select the icon (or any icon for that matter) like you are going to move it, but cancel the move with the BACK key. All icons should update then (not on homescreen though).

I found that BerryWeather was leaking my memory pretty quickly. I removed it and now I do a battery pull every 3 days or so (as opposed to every 4 hours with BerryWeather installed). I love the app, but the memory leak was a deal breaker for me.
    09-27-09 06:30 PM
    BerryWeather not updating on the home screen is a known bug in .230. Mine updates the temp and written condition, but not the graphic. I've had .230 running for 5 days now and I've only dropped about 2 meg of memory (with BerryWeather running all the time). I'd try deleting it and reinstalling. Based on my phone experience, it's not your memory problem.
    09-27-09 06:55 PM
    none of these weather programs are optimized for .230, yet..
    09-27-09 06:56 PM
    Not causing memory leak for me on .230 nor has it ever.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-09 07:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD