Hi I got a blackberry storm like 3 weeks ago. It came with 4.7.0.148 . The only apps I have are the ones that came with the phone, facebook, and google maps. I deleted blackberry messenger I never use it. Google maps isnt ever on, I turned off gps. My memory starts off at high 30's after a battery pull, then slowly goes down and down until it hits the low 20's after like an hour or so. I have no apps running and its sucks because when im doing something the hourglass will always show up.

SO, should i:

1) install a new OS? if so which one is the best?
    2) reformat?
    3) stop whining about it because this is the best it can be?
    09-07-09 10:25 PM
    09-07-09 10:35 PM
    to be honest, your memory will fluctuate up and down, so a drop by 10 isnt that big of a deal. The only time you need to worry about it is if your storm starts running slow.
    09-07-09 10:37 PM
    I have some apps, but I have the same problem. I really want OS 5.0 to fix the memory management issues. I am not holding my breathe.
    09-07-09 11:12 PM
    I tried those things paulwright. In fact I read them before I even got the device and practiced them after I played with it. As for speed, it just annoys me because sometimes I will switch apps or something and then backtrack really quick and the phone will freeze and the hourglass will show up. I just wanted to know if I could fix that or if an os update could fix that. is there any news on when 5.0 will be officially released? with the storm 2 probably?
    09-07-09 11:21 PM
    I'd go to the os sub forum and check out .151. I've heard good things about it memory wise and compatibility wise

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-09 11:26 PM
    4.7.0.151 manages memory better. If the suggested tips dont help then give a new os a try.
    09-07-09 11:34 PM
    I would definitely look into .151

Also, Shrink-A-OS is very easy to use. I would give it a shot to remove the extra languages etc. that you don't use. This should free up lots of space on your phone. Search the forums for links and how to use.
    09-08-09 12:26 AM
    I had the same issue. I upgraded to .151 and I have to do a battery pull maybe once every couple days, where I was doing one once a day

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-09 11:00 AM
    I start at 44, and drop to 36 just by browsing the web, and I close apps properly, and clear the browser cache and run memory cleaner religiously. .148 is not a good memory manager, and I'm not convinced that upgrading is going to cure that ill.
    09-08-09 12:01 PM
    Upgrade to .167. Gmaps causes memory issues as well. Get rid of it if you do not need it.
    09-08-09 12:05 PM
    I start at 44, and drop to 36 just by browsing the web, and I close apps properly, and clear the browser cache and run memory cleaner religiously. .148 is not a good memory manager, and I'm not convinced that upgrading is going to cure that ill.
    A drop like that is not a big deal. The only time you need to worry about the app memory is if your noticing it running slow. And yes by upgrading to .151 will solve the memory management issue. It manages the memory much better than .148 and I wouldnt be shocked if you only saw a couple mb drop compared to what your seeing on .148
    09-08-09 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD