Just gave the go-ahead to upgrade my facebook app and got a warning message asking if I wanted to proceed as my available memory is less than 5MB. This must be the internal memory it's referring to, not the card memory. Do apps only load to the internal memory? The card memory is 8GB, no? If possible to do so, how do I make sure apps are loaded to the mem card and not to internal memory?
    10-23-09 11:46 AM
    just app memory on the phone. You can not load them to the SD card.
    10-23-09 11:50 AM
    How does one track app memory?
    10-23-09 11:53 AM
    go to

options>memory

it is displayed here.

You can also download meterberry which really does a good job showing you battery and memory usage.
    10-23-09 11:59 AM
    Okay, false alarm. After I upgraded Facebook and did the rquired reboot, the app memory now says 29MB, not the 5MB previously reported. Pokey.
    10-23-09 12:00 PM
    Okay, false alarm. After I upgraded Facebook and did the rquired reboot, the app memory now says 29MB, not the 5MB previously reported. Pokey.
    The application memory is used as a paging area (like a PC's swap file) in addition to storage of applications. It will fluctuate up and down as you use your phone. But as you install more applications, your "starting" free memory when you start your phone will descrase.
    10-23-09 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD