Ok I will def need to try this out
    01-11-10 09:52 AM
    Been using it for a day now and it really works well. I've opened many different programs and after closing them I ran Memory Flash and it freed up a lot of memory.
    01-11-10 11:14 AM
    Anyone care to explain why they're giving it 1-star reviews, or is that just a competitor?
    Don't look at me dude, I'm loving it!

BTW, in case you were wondering, I fived it!
    Last edited by jmripollg; 01-11-10 at 04:13 PM.
    01-11-10 04:08 PM
    Would you recommend leaving Meters running in the background?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-10 05:10 PM
    I think its a great app!!!! Somebody has issues....or no life

01-11-10 06:17 PM
    I don't really notice a difference since installing but maybe I am paying it too much attention lol

01-11-10 06:58 PM
    It works great. This may sound stupid, but what are optimum numbers for my device?
    Bold 9000 5.0OS. Currently my RAM is 10.7 and flash is39.8.
    01-11-10 10:28 PM
    Thank you

Does anyone have a wish for the future direction this should take?

For example, this lets you know what it's doing and set everything that will be done, but there are other apps that don't give you a single setting or let you know a single thing but do it all automatically and are very successful. Is the "take care of my phone automatically and don't make me figure out how" solution what's really wanted, then?

I guess I could see that many people would not want to learn what needs to be done in order to get settings right.
    Actally I like it better this way. The only "suggestion" would be to improve the Memory Flash icon. It's...let's just say it could be nicer

01-11-10 10:32 PM
    Here's something for those who missed the coupon or simply don't buy apps:

Free Memory

Free Juicy Berry

For free memory, is there any setting that can make it customized when it's execute garbage collection ?

I already bought Memory Monster for my 8900 (OS5) now I want to put this free memory on my wife's pearl 8100, installed but there is no option like on my 8900's Memory Monster that exist in Option of Blackberry System.
    01-12-10 01:35 AM
    I see, anyway exactly, when the free memory do the garbage collection ? If it's same with default memory flash (when backlight turn off, and when unplug) that incorporated in Memory Monster, then I'll keep it installed on my wife's pearl, if not then I need to uninstalled before my wife start complaining to me

No, I'm sorry, Free Memory is a free app that's automatic and doesn't offer any options, and for people who want to have control I offer Memory Flash, which is incorporated into Memory Monster and that's currently cheaper.
    01-12-10 02:15 AM
    It potentially does a bit more than Memory Flash does even with everything turned on, when there's something to be gained.

That's to say there are more times when memory will potentially be freed than the set of times configurable in Memory Flash, but the purpose is still to move resource recovery away from times when you're active and do it as much as possible when it will bother you less if at all.
    Ok, thanks for information, I'll keep it installed on my wife's pearl for awhile, if she start complaining too many hour glass shown, then I'll remove it

Thank you
    01-12-10 02:49 AM
    I'm limited in how many scenarios I can test here, but I will adjust and update it based on feedback if there's a consistent complaint.

Thank you...
    Actually I have some suggestion for Memory Monster, I hope there is some configurable time after screen is turn off to start garbage collection, cause sometime when I chat with someone and screen just fade and off, they send the reply, and this make me start to read, but since memory monster's garbage collection is started, then I see hourglass spinning before I actually can react with Blackberry Messenger for example.

With some amount timeout that can configureable (i.e. 20 seconds) after screen is off, I think I'll very rare to see garbage collection process started, cause it's really started when I'm not interact with device...
    01-12-10 03:07 AM
    That's a good idea and I'll try to add that soon. thanks!

Actually, maybe it should have an option to detect when Messenger is up and that could be one of the conditions when it passes on the maintenance. I'll see about that.
    Thanks, anyway, better not using exception application, cause it will make Memory Monster itself taking more processor time, I think by configure some amount timeout after screen goes blank is more than enough, in extreme I can out 1 or 2 minutes after screen off to start garbage collection.
    01-12-10 03:32 AM
    There's been mention of this at times but now that device memories are getting so large I'm not sure it's still a problem, but will ask.

How many people have actually gotten so low on Application Memory that they couldn't have everything installed that they wanted installed?

A feature could be added to move apps back and forth between Application Memory and the SD card, but when you swap an app out (using just an on-phone app) it would usually lose its settings and data, and it's a slow process and there would often be resets required, so it can't be done lightly. I'm not even sure that would be used by many people, so it's a question.
    Wow... yo starting like Aerize, start with memory optimizer, now going to storing application on card

So far I don't need that yet, since nowadays much bigger application can relocate their data to SD, such Olivetree Bible reader that can put data on SD.
    01-12-10 03:36 AM
    Does garbage collection still work if keys are locked? Or in the holster?

01-12-10 07:51 AM
    There's been mention of this at times but now that device memories are getting so large I'm not sure it's still a problem, but will ask.

How many people have actually gotten so low on Application Memory that they couldn't have everything installed that they wanted installed?

A feature could be added to move apps back and forth between Application Memory and the SD card, but when you swap an app out (using just an on-phone app) it would usually lose its settings and data, and it's a slow process and there would often be resets required, so it can't be done lightly. I'm not even sure that would be used by many people, so it's a question.
    This is a good idea, but the nature of the OS that require a reset sort of makes it a turn off
    01-12-10 09:25 PM
    Just bought the app and have to say, works great! I just wish the icons would be fixed up to look a bit appealing and the meters to have a bit of a clean up too. Then again, I do have the icons in folders so no biggy.
    01-12-10 11:50 PM
    I don't mean clean it's functionality up. I just don't think that it's very... Wow... You know? I mean don't get me wrong, I really like the app. But I'd just enjoy a little bit more eye candy.
    01-13-10 09:23 AM
    Thx for the app. After having it awhile I have noticed improvement and not needing daily batt pulls!

01-15-10 01:41 PM
    coupons used up, sorry
    BUMMER! Was looking to test this app out.
    01-15-10 04:46 PM
    LSphone,

if you are looking for another killer application to develop, may i suggest you develop a program that can emulate the ALT key, something similar to keycaps of Palm and MagiKB of WM that will allow double-tap of a key to get the Alt symbol that correspond to that key. - ie if I hit 'B' twice in rapid succession I get a exclamation point.

This is the one program i really missed since switching to Blackberry and i have come across a lot of posts in a lot of forums looking for this application.

Anyone agree ?

Best
    Idian
    01-17-10 12:55 AM
    When I decided to start developing for BB, this was the first thing that I tried to do, because it was the most annoying thing about the phone to me. Before the BB I had an LG VX8300 and despite not having a full keyboard it had (to me) better alternate-character control and prediction. The Alt key is so small and I have to use it so much it about kills me, and I've posted elsewhere that I wanted to make the Shift keys Alt keys and make the Alt key Caps Lock, who needs Shift keys anyway, just hold the letter.

But... after analyzing the complete API, extensive discussions with other developers, and finally consulting RIM, there's apparently no way to do it! I was really hoping that 5.0 would add a loadable-keymap feature like most computers have, but no go. I did request that of RIM, and others have too.

Thank you for the suggestion. There are actually a lot of killer apps waiting to be developed, you wouldn't believe how many I have sitting here in my maybe-write list, all I need are about 100 employees to do it all
    ahhh, now i get it.
    So it was the nature of the API itself that make it not possible.

Anyway, keep up the good work, you have done great.

Best
    Idian
    01-17-10 01:25 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD