Just published Memory Monster, intended to compete with MemoryBooster, BerryJoose, MemoryUp, MeterBerry.

Memory Monster - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    Last edited by LSphone; 01-11-10 at 08:37 PM.
    01-10-10 04:40 PM
    Nice suite. What's supposed to happen when I click on Memory Flash? I ask because nothing happens when I click it.

Thanks again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-10 06:35 PM
    Trying it now, thanks for the coupon!!! Already I've seen a decrease in my hourglass rearing its ugly head.. I was surprised to see all of the shortcut icons(sms,vm,etc), I do not have a use for those, but maybe valuable to others, I have hidden them to save screen real estate. I cannot get the eventlog to work, it pops up a box "cannot open eventlog viewer". What does the "flash memory" icon do?? I have pressed it and saw no change in any of the meters statistics or anything for that matter.. so I am confused to its function..Also, for those who have removed the native"task&memo" apps by shrinking your os, if you use the corresponding icons in this app it freezes up requiring a reset.. I assume this is becouse I'm trying to open a non existent app, and has nothing todo with the app its self.. Good work, I like it so far..

01-10-10 06:35 PM
    Thanks LSPhone, I will be trying this soon.
    01-10-10 06:46 PM
    ill take a coupon if ur handing them out?
    01-10-10 07:03 PM
    I did see the hourglass the first time I used Flash Memory.

01-10-10 07:05 PM
    Thanks LS, I like the app a lot so far, again, a lot less spinning hourglass on my phone.. As for tasks and memos, no biggie for me, I hid the icons, and that solved it for me..Great work!!!!

01-10-10 07:07 PM
    That must be because the viewer also has been removed from the OS along with the other things you trimmed out.

Starting the viewer is a built-in OS call, and that message gets popped up if the OS returned a code indicating to LogCut that it couldn't start the viewer.
    Haha,kudos too you!!! I didn't even consider that I removed the native EL.. I have one other question, my batt temp has been steady at 32 degrees farenheit, I live in southern AZ, and am running a 4.5/4.7 "trimmed hybrid os", and am wondering why the temp is 32F? shouldn't it be around 75-90 degrees,or higher under load? 32 degrees is freezing, so I can't imagine my BB batt could be 32, when inside/outside temp is 68-70 degrees here. Thanks for any ideas..

01-10-10 07:52 PM
    32C = 89.6F, so whatever's quoting you the temp as 32 is making a mistake if it's quoting it as F.

At least I think that's right, F = 32 + 1.8C, right?
    Definitly 32F, and 0 C, which seems to be a correct conversion from C to F, but not accurate in regards to my actual batt temp.. I have done a batt pull twice.. I would delete and reinstall but I used the free coupon code and don't want to take the chance of losing the app.. Not a deal breaker for me .......

01-10-10 08:10 PM
    Is it Memory Monster's 'Meters' tool saying it's 32F? What's it saying for C?
    Positive, I have NO other apps even similar to this on my phone.. Its stating 32F and 0 C..

01-10-10 08:12 PM
    Very possible.. I will reinstall and try it out again.. If it doesn't change after that, I will ignore that feature, I really like the app, and it seems to be working fine otherwise, so its definitly not a "deal breaker", my batt has never even felt warm to the touch, and it is OEM, so I'm not worried. This old 8820 is indestructable!!!!

01-10-10 08:29 PM
    How much will you bet that I can't make an app that can destroy it if I try?
    Haha, not trying to wreck it!!!! I've built several hybrids with this beast, and bricked more than I care too admit!! One thing I've learned about BB is, wipe/reload will solve any software issue . As for hardware, its hard to wreck it usin software .. I reloaded the app with the same result, and at this point it is more than likely my "lobodomized" os causing the problem.. Again, I really like the app and am willing to live with the batt temp issue.. I also tried FIXMO on this exact os and phone and the batt temp was 89.7 consistantly, but that app is very,very hungry for memory, its nice, but used a lot of space.. Yours is more my speed, since these older BB's are pretty slim on memory out of the box(compared to newer ones)...

01-10-10 09:03 PM
    I can't find where to put in the coupon code
    01-10-10 09:40 PM
    I just got mine, thanks LS. I look forward to comparing it to another app I am trying. (One at a time, of course!)
    spartacus, try it from your phone instead of your PC.
    01-10-10 09:47 PM
    [QUOTE=LSphone;4471709]So that rules out the hardware, I'm not familiar with FIXMO but my app simply goes by what DeviceInfo.getBatteryTemp reports. Not much to that part. If you ever reinstall the event log there may be an error that gives a clue as to what's failing, but unless this is experienced by more users I'm reluctant to spend a great deal of time investigating a single incident on a patched OS. I wouldn't even know where to start if I can't get the event log, I'd have to write a special version to create and pop up a custom log on the screen.

By chance, do you have I Charge Cool or any of my other charging monitors like Earth Saver, and what do they report for temperature?

It's rare to have an out-of-spec battery temp anyway except when you've left the phone in a freezing car or in direct sunlight.[/QUO

I think you nailed it earlier with the event log idea, if my bb isn't logging anything, then there's no info, I'm gonna reinstall the log later and test.. Don't waste your time, this is clearly an isolated issue, I will reinstall the eventlog feature and report back tomorrow.

01-10-10 09:50 PM
    I just confirmed that Fixmo has the same reading as MemoryMonster, clearly a issue due to the removed eventlog. Sorry for any confusion I caused..

01-10-10 09:56 PM
    Not much interest in this, it seems. Hard to get rid of 10 free copies? O.K. Time to start working on something else...
    Well, it is 10 PM on a Sunday...

Anyway, I really like it! I was wondering what settings you recommend. I checked every box in MemoryFlash. As for the Event Log Eraser, I set it to run every 10 minutes and 9 seconds of idle time. The only unchecked box is the "Only when dark" condition.

BTW, I'm running the latest OS available for an 8100 Pearl, and I also noticed my battery temp says it's frozen but as others have stated, not a big deal.

Congrats on a fine job, keep up the good work!

01-10-10 10:00 PM
    If this app is always monitoring and cleaning the memory, is there a need to do a batt pull everyday, or does your app effectively do the same?

01-10-10 10:10 PM
    I've been so confused and distraught I've been staggering around waving my arms and bumping into walls, wailing, "WHY is it thinking it's freezing when it's cozy and warm?" Thank you for the news, and I'll send you the bill for the ice pack, which actually was at 0C (32F).

Haha, I figured if my phone was really that cold I'd use as beer cooler!!

01-10-10 10:13 PM
    just wanted to say thank you for the coupon. seems to be working fine on my pearl 8120. will report back if any issues arise.
    01-10-10 11:34 PM
    You're welcome...
    just bought the app....why isn't there an instant dl or email??? i gotta wait 24 hrs for this???
    01-11-10 05:12 AM
    No, if you bought it you should be able to download it right away. Usually an email is sent to you, that you can open on the phone if you receive your main CB email account on the phone. If not, you get a page right after purchasing where you can click Download and send yourself a link. And if all else fails, you can go to your account page at the store, click Download next to the app in the list, and send yourself a link.

Then you open the email or SMS on the phone, click the link, and it installs.
    not even showing in my app list????? on phone or my pc????
    01-11-10 05:23 AM
    If the order went through, if you went to your account page at the store you purchased from (on phone or computer) you would see the app in the list.

I checked your account and see your previous purchases, but not Memory Monster. It appears that the transaction did not go through. If you received an order #, what was it? Thanks...

Actually, we should probably take this off the forum. Please continue discussion to [email protected] . Thank you...
    just came through....thats weird...there was no immediate dl page like previous purchases??? downloading now
    01-11-10 05:42 AM
    I just took the advantage of the coupon and bought this program and my hourglass have reduced significantly and my device is running so smooth.

Thanks
    01-11-10 06:47 AM
    I tried the coupon to pay via Paypal but it did not work.
    01-11-10 07:47 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD