I'm pretty convinced that memory is holding up real well in OS .151. After almost 72 hours I feel it's the best I've seen.

I know from personal experience that Blackberry App World is a huge memory hog so I don't have it but I sure would like to have it. So I'd like to hear from people who have App World installed with .151. See any memory improvement?

Mods if I should be in third party apps, I apologize, I thought I could contact more .151 people in the OS thread.
    07-14-09 07:34 AM
    When using app world last night my memory drop all the way down to 16.3, and the phone started to act real sluggish. I closed out and set the phone down, in a few minutes I check the memory and it was back up to 39.7. I did not do any type of reset or quick pull. App World still eats memory, but the phone recovers.
    07-14-09 07:49 AM
    I gave up app world due to this. I now have CB app store on my Storm and I like it better. I haven't. Seen any loss with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 08:24 AM
    Just tested it. Metterberry said 41 before. Lauched app world and let it load. I checked and was at 40. Loaded productivity and picked an app to look at and was at 38. I closed out app world and metterberry was 38 and jumped to 40. I don't know if that helps but I am pretty impressed. That's fast recovery.
    07-14-09 08:40 AM
    I got rid of AppWorld after upgrading to .151 for two reasons: 1) It's still a memory hog; 2) It's way too slow - no way I can wait 5 minutes for it to load after each selection. It's a painfully bad application.
    07-14-09 08:41 AM
    Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll go with that Crackberry App, sounds like a great idea.
    07-14-09 11:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD