I'm currently running the official Verizon OS 5.0.0.328 and can verify that the following medical applications run successfully (at least as well as they did on OS 4.7.148 or 4.7.151):

Epocrates (still runs in the background & cannot close & may be responsible for memory leak)
    PEPID (update to the most recent software from www.pepid.com/ota
    Skyscape
    QxMD programs
    USBMIS programs (Sanford Guide 2009 & Tarascon Adult Emergency Pocketbook) still have issues with table & figures scrolling correctly. (They do work when Compatibility Mode is enabled under Options > Applications.)

Also, for those who use iSilo, they have updated a beta (5.09b1) that works and is dowloadable from iSilo: beta

Hope this helps.
    10-29-09 05:38 PM
    Shrank my os 328 down to 37 but I think i'll wait for my upgrade to the S2 before trying Epocrates again. It will bring me down to the 20s and that seems to be the threshold for increased memory loss.if the memory in 328 was as solid as 230 I'd consider it but 328 just doesn't have the management.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 06:01 PM
    I run Epocrates and it does not leak. I also do not notice a significant impact on memory, even though it always runs in the background. Make sure you move the database to your SD card.
    10-29-09 07:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD