For everyone's info, this emulator is not really worth it. The author himself explains that it's sort of two emulators- one inside another- so the lag is miserable. On my top-of-the-line Bold 9700, there is no audio at all, and even Super Mario for GBC lags horribly. Yes, you can make it playable with frame skipping, but the end result is a buggy, muted game. The roms have to be packed into the jar itself, which makes it a pain to add new ones. It's sort of a neat technical achievement, but nothing I'd ever use daily.
    03-10-10 03:01 PM
    I don't care about audio, but i wish it was full screen!!!
    03-13-10 03:29 PM
    Exactly my prob on my 9700 too, its pretty much useless atm.
    Does anyone know if the author updates often?

They need to fix the lag and audio...........honestly

Even on frame skip set at 10 I'm getting avg 3 or 4 fps for dragon warrior I + II, pathetic.
    But where did u hear that from the author?

For everyone's info, this emulator is not really worth it. The author himself explains that it's sort of two emulators- one inside another- so the lag is miserable. On my top-of-the-line Bold 9700, there is no audio at all, and even Super Mario for GBC lags horribly. Yes, you can make it playable with frame skipping, but the end result is a buggy, muted game. The roms have to be packed into the jar itself, which makes it a pain to add new ones. It's sort of a neat technical achievement, but nothing I'd ever use daily.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by new_to_BB; 03-23-10 at 12:39 AM.
    03-23-10 12:30 AM
    Bold 9700 - no sound.

i firstly installed pokemon crystal (good no lag) + mario land (laggy) which worked.

then i tried to overwrite it with other games but i get the '907 invalid jar' message
    strangely though, even though it didnt install properly a bit later on i opened up meboy and the new jar file games appeared!?

now i want to add more games but am only getting the error message...

what can i do to make it install properly / get rid of the error message?

also i assume the jar file isnt what the games are run from as they still work when you delete it?

how would you actually delete the install if you wanted to?
    Last edited by iRace; 03-28-10 at 10:00 PM.
    03-28-10 09:50 PM
    also i assume the jar file isnt what the games are run from as they still work when you delete it?

how would you actually delete the install if you wanted to?
    03-28-10 09:59 PM
    right i just got it to work but only with 2 games again?? (mario tennis works fine! yay!)

also i used this .png for a better icon!

looks so much better than the meboy yellow one!
    Last edited by iRace; 03-28-10 at 10:23 PM.
    03-28-10 10:14 PM
    no sound sucks =< =< =<
    can you try with dragon warriors I and II?
    04-01-10 11:33 AM
    right i just got it to work but only with 2 games again?? (mario tennis works fine! yay!)

also i used this .png for a better icon!

looks so much better than the meboy yellow one!
    upload the file G :P
    08-28-10 08:00 PM
    mabye a old topic. but i have a question about this.
    i want to play also gb games on my bb storm 2. for me it is possible to play fullscreen. but the thing is now that i can't use it because i have no buttons to play with.

is there another solution to play gb/c games on my blackberry

thanks
    02-16-11 01:55 AM
    defi9 can you send me pokemon crystal?
    02-23-11 06:52 PM
    I have no sound when I try it. even with sound enabled
    03-21-11 11:06 AM
    when I download meboy or a pokemon rom all the file names and in .class, not .jar, is it a windows 7 prob? I dont know what to do. I have Java 6.24 installed.
    04-19-11 04:35 AM
    i cant pull this one off.... was looking for better pokemon roms
    05-12-11 09:00 AM
    Hi, can someone confirm that as of 2022 there's no working GBC / GBA emulator for Blackberry OS 7.1 nor 10? Thanks
    06-21-22 08:41 AM
    Hi, can someone confirm that as of 2022 there's no working GBC / GBA emulator for Blackberry OS 7.1 nor 10? Thanks
    Both OS, BBOS and BB10 are shutdown and not cross-platform.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-21-22 11:37 AM
    Support for the OSs may be dead, but the BB10 devices still power on and operate, and have some limited local functionality for those that have some uses.
    andreszs likes this.
    06-21-22 08:19 PM
    Support for the OSs may be dead, but the BB10 devices still power on and operate, and have some limited local functionality for those that have some uses.
    I’m not sure what limited functionality is available for BBOS 7.1 and lower with BIS all shutdown.
    06-21-22 08:39 PM
    I’m not sure what limited functionality is available for BBOS 7.1 and lower with BIS all shutdown.
    I don't know either, but I am guessing not very much carrier services. Note that I didn't specifically include BBOS when I mentioned that some people probably still make use of them.
    06-21-22 08:51 PM
    9900 is still a good little music player and Brickbreaker still works. Makes it worthwhile to me.
    andreszs likes this.
    06-22-22 06:47 AM
    I don't know either, but I am guessing not very much carrier services. Note that I didn't specifically include BBOS when I mentioned that some people probably still make use of them.
    The person I replied too has a BBOS device coming in.
    06-22-22 07:17 AM
    For BB10 you can look into RetroArch... may or may not still be an option.

Have no clue about BBOS powered devices.

Most still using these phones... are not very interested in games, so not much interest in trying to keep those going. (and why your posting in a decade old thread... )
    06-22-22 07:27 AM
    DOSBOX worked quite well on Playbook OS (presumably still does). Presumably, it also works quite well on BB10. The number of retro games available via/for DOSBOX is almost limitless.
    06-22-22 08:48 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD