I wonder if this also happens to anyone else, but I suspect it's only me...

It's been so unbelievably hard for me to log in to my FB account these few days, be it from the FB application or the mobile site. I keep getting these three kind of pop-up failure notifications on FB app:
    1. "Could not connect because a data service is not available. Please try again later. If this continues, contact your service provider for support."
    2. "There was a problem while communicating with facebook."
    3. "Your login session has expired, please login again."

And this bloody warning on the mobile site:
    "Account Unavailable. Your account is temporarily unavailable due to site maintenance. It should be available again within a few hours. We apologize for the inconvenience."

What the **** is happening here? Why is it happening to my account? How do I fix it? It's so frustrating!!!!

Batt-pull didn't work. Re-sending service books didn't work. Re-installing FB application didn't work. Changing new password didn't work either.

HELP, PLEASE...
    10-25-09 06:44 AM
    What version FB you running?
    10-25-09 07:52 AM
    I get it too.. especially number 3. But it still keeps me logged in. Its kinda weird.
    10-25-09 08:21 AM
    I have been dealing with this for ELEVEN DAYS now >:{ I can usually access my acct on PC & BB in the mornings until around noon, then I get booted and wrestle with the above 3 messages for the rest of the day/night. I'm losing my mind with this!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-09 08:43 AM
    The same has been happening to me with increasing frequency. Even worse since the last upgrade. I tried to download the previous version but for whatever reason the website doesn't like my BB or my desktop. Guess I'll just have to deal with it until the next upgrade.

10-25-09 09:34 AM
    The same has been happening to me since I installed version 1.7.0.18.
    10-25-09 10:01 AM
    It happened to me couple of times too bro...but then it worked out anyhow. Greetings from Jakarta!
    10-25-09 10:27 AM

It's been so unbelievably hard for me to log in to my FB account these few days, be it from the FB application or the mobile site. I keep getting these three kind of pop-up failure notifications on FB app:
    1. "Could not connect because a data service is not available. Please try again later. If this continues, contact your service provider for support."

"Account Unavailable. Your account is temporarily unavailable due to site maintenance. It should be available again within a few hours. We apologize for the inconvenience."

What the **** is happening here? Why is it happening to my account? How do I fix it? It's so frustrating!!!!

Batt-pull didn't work. Re-sending service books didn't work. Re-installing FB application didn't work. Changing new password didn't work either.

HELP, PLEASE...
    if youre getting all of that feedback from various places..the problem most likely lies with facebook to a large degree, and to a lesser degree the actual fbook bberry app. (for your specific problem, as i know the bberry app leaves A LOT to be desired)
    10-25-09 10:33 AM
    This started for me before the upgrade. I downloaded 1.7 hoping it would make a difference, but nada.

10-25-09 11:38 AM
    so who do we contact at facebook to rectify this situation? cause im gettinghe EXACT same thing!

10-25-09 12:26 PM
    What version FB you running?
    I'm using FB app version 1.7.0.18 on OS 4.6.1.250. Slightly releaved that this isn't only to me.
    I still hope there's a fix to this tho...
    Update: I tried to log in to my facebook account from my PC and the same thing happens to me. They still wouldn't let me in.
    Something strange happened tho when I tried the help section (which wasn't helpfull at all). I noticed my username on the top lines, as I'd I'm signed in.
    But when I clicked my home page, it'll only show old status updates, some stuff from 6 hours ago...

I'm starting to lose my interest in Facebook... Esp after this annoying unsolved (yet) problem...
    10-25-09 12:28 PM
    I've sent at least half a dozen emails, and have yet to receive a response (or remedy)...

10-25-09 12:32 PM

HELP, PLEASE...
    YES!!!!! I have been getting all of the above. Was running 1.6, then upgraded (HA!!!) to 1.7 a week ago...and still get all this crap.

I've deleted and reinstalled several times...and no improvement.

Facebook...get your act together.
    10-25-09 01:52 PM

HELP, PLEASE...

Yeah I'm seeing this same crap today.. (sigh)
    10-25-09 02:10 PM
    It's not the BB App it's on FB side. I get the same error messages as do some friends w/ BB's. We also are having issues just logging on FB on a computer.

10-25-09 02:16 PM
    Might have found a potential fix, haven't tried it yet, but, you could possibly download the previous facebook, v1.6. Not sure if it will work, its avaliable to try it. Google the facebook ?1.6 download on your device, and go to the official blackberry.com site.

10-25-09 04:55 PM
    Might have found a potential fix, haven't tried it yet, but, you could possibly download the previous facebook, v1.6. Not sure if it will work, its avaliable to try it. Google the facebook ?1.6 download on your device, and go to the official blackberry.com site.

Good idea, but the mobile.blackberry.com site only allows downloading of the 1.7v FB application.

I've searched and searched for a reliable OTA link for the 1.6.0.21 or 1.6.0.22 version...to no avail. I'm bummed.
    10-25-09 05:08 PM

1.6 exhibits the same symptoms for me.
    10-25-09 05:21 PM
    This is definitely a problem coming from Facebook, and unfortunately I don't think a downgrade is going to help, especially since from my research I've found there are a ton of people out there like me who have been dealing with this for weeks, before 1.7 came out . I do believe that the 1.7 upgrade and the new Facebook layout caused the problem though - these things always seem to go hand in hand . I just wished it would get fixed already!!!
    10-25-09 05:22 PM
    I am beginning to believe that Facebook has tried to "upgrade" themselves in every venue all at once (PC & mobile) and have screwed things up in the process...in every venue all at once. They have fallen into the worst trap about overachievement...that you tend to fail in every area you are attempting to succeed in due to lack of focus.

I am having difficulty posting on my PC Facebook program, as well as access messages.

I hope that FB gets their act together quickly, at least before they lose the audience they have now out of sheer frustration.
    10-25-09 07:09 PM
    I am beginning to believe that Facebook has tried to "upgrade" themselves in every venue all at once (PC & mobile) and have screwed things up in the process...in every venue all at once. They have fallen into the worst trap about overachievement...that you tend to fail in every area you are attempting to succeed in due to lack of focus.

I am having difficulty posting on my PC Facebook program, as well as access messages.

I hope that FB gets their act together quickly, at least before they lose the audience they have now out of sheer frustration.
    I totally agree with you on that...

I just discussed this with a dear friend about this matter...

Even if this problem seems to affect "only a minority" of FB users, they should still fix the matter however "minor" it seems. Are they trying to wait till this bug grow huge and unbearable to find a cure to it? If and when it got huge and much worse, it'll be much harder and more complicated to fix.

It'll be such a shame to see a social site that huge fall apart just because of poor problem solving and complaints management.

I'll try to create a new account. And if there's still such problem then i'm getting a divorce...
    10-27-09 08:51 AM
    Anyone figure out an email to email facebook at? I've tried a few diff ones, but no reply from any.

Also tried to submit feedback on FB itself, but of course no reply 24 hours later already, been going through this for well over a week now, its stupid.
    10-27-09 12:49 PM
    I don't have a Blackberry or any other smartphone yet so I don't go on FB via those, but I do go on it on my PC and for the past week I either can't log on because my "account is temporarily unavailable due to site maintenance" or I can't update my status (I get "update failed try again later") or access my inbox. Yesterday I couldn't update my status or post any comments on anyone's status, or send messages and I was so frustrated! I am really "computer stupid" and I am the first one to admit it, so I was thinking at first that maybe it's just me and my ineptitude, but now that I hear other people are having those problems I know it's not only me and probably not something I'm doing wrong. A friend with an iPhone has been having problems using FB on his iPhone and posted about it yesterday. I was thinking that it could be my PC and that maybe the lucky MAC owners on FB aren't experiencing these problems. I hope FB improves soon; I'd delete my account but a lot of people who were on both Myspace and FB deleted their Myspace page when they went over to FB, so FB is the only way for me to maintain contact with some people.
    10-27-09 01:23 PM
    This is what I just received from Facebook after sending them a million emails :

"Thanks for your report. Some users have been experiencing difficulty logging into and using the site for several days. Specific symptoms of this issue include:

� Inability to log in due to a "Site Maintenance" error message
    � Missing friends from the Friends page
    � Errors when trying to access Inbox

Unfortunately, we do not have a specific date for when this issue will be resolved, but we are working to fix it as soon as possible. Please note that this is a temporary display issue and no content has been removed from your account. Although we are unable respond to every bug report individually, we are reading them. We appreciate your patience."

10-27-09 06:50 PM
    I think FB has developed such a large number of users that they can't keep their web site running properly lol. I mean after all my parents caught onto this (myspace could never pull that off lol). Who doesn't have a facebook? But but back to the topic, I also get these messages. I just close the app wait a few minutes and try again. :/ if that doesn't works I consider myself screwed for time being lol.
    10-28-09 01:53 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD