Some emails are coming in and some are not. Cc'ing myself is faling as well. This is on my droid and BB that are checking the same account and have been for a while without issues. It seems to just be IMAP related as I see everything on my laptop doing POP3 and yes I let it check well after the BB and droid plus it is set to leave everything on the server for at least 10 days...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by shansmi; 07-01-10 at 03:33 PM.
    07-01-10 03:25 PM
    Hmm. It seems to not get delevered to my BB or droid if I cc myself ... Weird as this was all working yesterday.

07-01-10 03:56 PM
    I'm not seeing any issues... could be either your carrier... and maybe just a local outage issue.
    07-01-10 04:39 PM
    Delivery is working with exception of cc'ing myself. That may be an IMAP thing since I see it out on the server and am getting them on my laptop. All I see on the BB is a "checked" email i.e. Sent from my BB. The droid just gets nothing.

07-01-10 05:09 PM
    Wow, I did not realize how freaking screwed up email was on BIS. If you use gmail, you have to put up with getting "checked" email every time you send one from that account from another device like a PC and the inability to cc yourself on emails. I even turned off IMAP and it is still pretty messed up on POP3.

If you switch over to Yahoo where everything works, it is $20USD per year to add POP3 so it can be accessed via a laptop.

What CRAP is this? I switched to gmail only to keep from being impacted on an ISP change if that were to happen. Seems that was a bad move.

07-01-10 06:45 PM
    Well I have tested Yahoo, Gmail and Hotmail.

Yahoo will not work for me because POP3 is not free however the features of its free product work best than the others tested as far as speed, sync and usability go.

Gmail will not work because RIM and the Gmail design teams seem to have forgotten how to communicate in order to make a working product. This "check" email thing and the inability to send yourself email is just bad.

Hotmail, well it works on all counts but is very slow and you have to install a special connector to hit their servers with Outlook. Everything else seemed to work fine.

Gee, Verizon POP3 was always reliable and relatively consistent to my BB so keep this in mind.

I am very disappointed.
    07-01-10 08:46 PM
    wow! gmx.com after a little searching is free and working just fine...

one can cc yourself if ya want and use pop3 off a laptop with no extra charges. no annoying "checked" email either. delivery is fast as well.
    07-01-10 11:41 PM
    my gmail works flawlessly
    07-02-10 12:14 AM
    define flawlessly. you can send an email to yourself and actually get it?
    07-02-10 03:37 AM
    Well I guess it is working as designed. I just don't care for the icon on the BB when I cc myself.

I have my BB and Droid checking the same Gmail account for this testing.

I sent emails to a corporate account (another BB 9700) from:

PC via the Website, no cc me - email was quick and I did not get the email on any device but the target.

PC via the website, cc me - email was quick and I did get the email on every device.

PC via POP3 Outlook , no cc me - email was quick and I did not get the email on any device but the target.

PC via POP3 Outlook, cc me - email was quick and I did get the email on every device.

BB no cc me - email was quick and I did not get the email on any device but the target.

BB cc me - email was quick and I did get the email on every device.

Now for Sync, it seems to be working when I mark an item as read and then back to unread on the droid but not on the BB. They do sync when deleting off both devices.

I guess that proves it is working. I just don't like the implementation of the "check" icon when I cc myself since that implies a sent item. On the Droid there is no such icon.
    Last edited by shansmi; 07-02-10 at 04:49 AM.
    07-02-10 04:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD