Where are the massive additions to the App Store that BlackBerry was talking about? How it would rival the iPhone?

All I see is 10 applications.

No goofy apps.
    No games.
    No themes or wallpapers.
    No productivity apps.

Anyone know where this "big promise" went??
    03-27-09 07:22 AM
    If your referring to the application center on your phone I believe that is designated by your carrier. The app store or actually called blackberry world or something like that is not our yet. Sign up to be notified when it is available.
    03-27-09 07:27 AM
    lol... funny stuff y'all...

Seriously though, App World is expected to be unveiled on April 1st. That is what you're after Schmidty and that is what will supposedly rival Apples App Store. Time will tell.
    03-27-09 07:54 AM
    Device Model: Not a BlackBerry/Smartphone User

um, what??
    03-27-09 07:54 AM
    I did, and didn't find anything...
    As far as your search that found nothing, I searched Blackberry App World and found this
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/got...-world-192149/
    and this
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/exp...t-week-191868/
    also this
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/bla...il-1st-191292/

and that's just a few of many. But you also could have just visited the main BB site, and they also tell you there about signing up for the announcement.

I'm just saying...we do have some harsh members on the site, but even the best of us get tired of the same question over and over and over.....
    03-27-09 08:05 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Device Model: Not a BlackBerry/Smartphone User

um, what??

Well he is a newbie (duh so am I) some maybe they have not got around to adding info to their profile?
    03-27-09 08:06 AM
    lol... funny stuff y'all...

Seriously though, App World is expected to be unveiled on April 1st. That is what you're after Schmidty and that is what will supposedly rival Apples App Store. Time will tell.
    Thanks! I appreciate that type of feedback.
    03-27-09 08:07 AM
    Ok, profile updated. To those who responded with advice, thanks.

I did a search on "App Store" and started to read one thread about April 1st and how it was a joke/april fools rumor. I didn't know it was called "BlackBerry World" so I wouldn't have seen some of those posts. Sorry for not searching better.

However, to those "frustrated with the same questions or threads"... why do you even open them then? Why do you waste the time to post on them? Makes no sense to me that people who are angry over repeated questions feel like they need to waste the time to post as if being rude to someone is going to all of a sudden make the repeated threads go away.

I'd just skip it like spam mail and move on. Just a thought... one that may lower your blood pressure from reading through posts from people who don't like on this forum and read/respond to every post.
    03-27-09 08:20 AM
    My apologies schimdty. Wasn't trying to be a pest but I see how one can take it that way lol.
    I usually enjoy 'trying' to help others where I can, but waking up three hours early to my daughter crying
    And our pup covered in ****, you may understand my day starting in a funk lol
    My apologies to you again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 08:31 AM
    My apologies schimdty. Wasn't trying to be a pest but I see how one can take it that way lol.
    I usually enjoy 'trying' to help others where I can, but waking up three hours early to my daughter crying
    And our pup covered in ****, you may understand my day starting in a funk lol
    My apologies to you again.

Thanks man. Sorry for the rough start to the day. I hope it gets better for you!
    03-27-09 08:55 AM
    Ok, profile updated. To those who responded with advice, thanks.

I did a search on "App Store" and started to read one thread about April 1st and how it was a joke/april fools rumor. I didn't know it was called "BlackBerry World" so I wouldn't have seen some of those posts. Sorry for not searching better.

However, to those "frustrated with the same questions or threads"... why do you even open them then? Why do you waste the time to post on them? Makes no sense to me that people who are angry over repeated questions feel like they need to waste the time to post as if being rude to someone is going to all of a sudden make the repeated threads go away.

I'd just skip it like spam mail and move on. Just a thought... one that may lower your blood pressure from reading through posts from people who don't like on this forum and read/respond to every post.
    You're definitely right about some of the members. There are folks who will open repeat threads specifically to bash you. Others will open them to point you in the right direction. Still others will open them just because they're bored and don't have anything else to do. It's all in the luck of the draw!
    03-27-09 08:58 AM
    I can't imagine what the turmoil will be If april 1 comes and goes and.....

.....And.......
    ........No app world.

I think it would be safest to just stay out of the forums for a few weeks.

03-27-09 09:18 AM
    Well considering no official date has been released�idk how people could be upset over rumors and speculation. Kinda immature IMO

03-27-09 10:30 AM
    Well considering no official date has been released�idk how people could be upset over rumors and speculation. Kinda immature IMO

Well supposedly Businessweek interviewed the RIM head honcho and he specifically said April 1. I haven't looked into it myself yet.

If the story is true, that's a reliable source.... Not saying RIM will follow through though.... Their track record is pretty poor with their consumer base....

03-27-09 10:41 AM
    CNET's a pretty good source. They released a post yesterday that I just found that says it will be released next week. I'd link it but I can't.

Try this without a www

news dot cnet dot com/8301-1035_3-10205242-94.html

So I guess we'll find out soon enough.
    03-27-09 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD