I've been using Telenav since buying the annual subscription. Pretty good mapping, I would say comparable to Google Maps without satellite view.
    I would add that TeleNav is also a battery drain, a few hours on and the battery is out. Still a good app/service.
    10-26-11 09:48 AM
    I have been suffering from faster memory leak since installing it. I start around 200 MB but drop to the 150's during the day. Before I installed it would take about 3-5 days to drop the the 175 MB range.

Anyone else experiencing memory leak with TeleNav?
    10-27-11 08:33 AM
    First couple of days I noticed a drop of around 20MB after using Telenav, but I uninstalled and reinstalled and its been fine since.
    10-27-11 08:56 AM
    I loved Google Maps. I can't stand waiting up to a minute for spinning hourglasses though. I generally need map apps to save me time, not make me wait! Google hasn't updated the app in a long time.

I am OK with Blackberry Maps despite some shortcomings. I use a combination of that, Telnav, and Poynt to get what I need (usually business listings, with occasional routing for navigation).

What I really wish is that Google would update the app, perhaps add spoken NAV, and integrate the dialing with the Google Voice app! That integration seems obvious, but is lacking after 2+ years of that app being on Blackberry.
    10-27-11 10:15 AM
    First couple of days I noticed a drop of around 20MB after using Telenav, but I uninstalled and reinstalled and its been fine since.
    My 9930 seems to have settled in and stabilized since adding the TeleNav app. The starting point for the available memory i slower but I am not seeing the memory leak. It is holding steady around the 190MB mark.
    10-28-11 02:52 PM
    I have used Google Maps religiously, but not now. I realized it hasn't been updated for awhile. And even finding a simple address told me to go the opposite way. It also takes so long get everything loaded up esp if you're on the train and lose service for awhile. Ever since switching to Blackberry Maps, I ono why I never gave this a chance. I use it hand in hand with Poynt, and I have never had any issues. It's a lot more reliable in my opinion and updated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-11 03:07 PM
    telnav plus for $9.99 for the year in appworld. Voice turn by turn and all that.

If you're not on VZ (since it's not on sale for other carriers) and on GSM just install telmap beta, which is free.
    where can one obtain telenav beta? Im part of RIM's beta but dont see it there. Gosh I miss my android gps.

also is there a trial period/demo? I would love to just check it out. (which if i find the beta this will solve it)
    10-28-11 04:52 PM
    where can one obtain telenav beta? Im part of RIM's beta but dont see it there. Gosh I miss my android gps.

also is there a trial period/demo? I would love to just check it out. (which if i find the beta this will solve it)
    I already posted the link, www.tnclient.com it's a Telenav Beta not a Rim beta.

10-29-11 01:46 AM
    Guys come on...just use BlackBerry Traffic. I used to have the $100 Garmin app from my Storm 9530 and transferred it to my 9550.

Now I don't even need that because Traffic is a great turn by turn app. There are a lot of useful features in it with integration of your BlackBerry. An example is being able to send a contact your exact ETA and even set it to tell them if you'll be early/late based on the ETA shown on the app.

The layout is very clean and buttons are big for driving purposes. You can search business/restaurants even with it. It's built by RIM too so the integration is great. Best part is it's free!

I attached some pictures. I blurred some street names for obvious reasons.

Like any other turn by turn nav app, it can go through data/battery quickly since it's always sending/receiving data. For saving battery and a simple direction list, I'll use BB Maps.
    10-29-11 03:06 AM
    Unfortunately BB traffic is North America only so far

10-29-11 05:45 AM
    Unfortunately BB traffic is North America only so far
    Oh wow, I had no idea. Hopefully they expand it soon.
    10-29-11 11:20 AM
    Oh wow, I had no idea. Hopefully they expand it soon.
    I did somehow have it installed on an older BB once and it worked for directions, not traffic, I can't remember how I did it tho, I think it was from mybbota.com for OS5.

10-29-11 12:20 PM
    I already posted the link, TeleNav OTA it's a Telenav Beta not a Rim beta.

Sorry. Somehow I missed that. I went to it now though and it seems that the highest model number is the 9800.
    10-29-11 12:37 PM
    Sorry. Somehow I missed that. I went to it now though and it seems that the highest model number is the 9800.
    What BB do you need it for? I used the 9000 version for my 9900 and it worked ok, the screen. Doesn't fill the 9900 scree at first but when navigating it does.

10-29-11 12:57 PM
    I have a 9900 (rogers) on att. Alrighty, well I will check out that one then.. Thanks

So which other bb has the closest screen size and resolution ? that one will work best probably for my 9900..
    Last edited by austriker; 10-29-11 at 01:27 PM.
    10-29-11 01:01 PM
    BB Traffic doesn't have spoken directions, does it? Without that, it's hard to compare to the full-blown navigation apps.

I loved Google Maps for the built in reviews and other info. Poynt doesn't compare in my opinion. Plus, the latest version seems buggy. It won't launch Telenav - some kind of error pops up.

Still Poynt is the least painful solution I have found with a good business directory and reviews built-in.
    11-04-11 09:45 AM
    No traffic does not have voice guided directions which I think is basically the point of a gps- so you don't have to stare at your cell phone screen instead of the road..

Also I downloaded the telenav beta but it doesn't work! When I try to get directions to an address it says "your roaming service has been canceled".. What does this mean?? Is it maybe because I'm using an unlocked rogers phone on att? Also when I go to type in an address it does not have the US listed as a country!

What's the deal here?

11-05-11 09:52 PM
    RE: Map Search for Google

So I purchased it (2.99) while on a road trip this past weekend and it was in no way useful to me. It took forever to recognize my location and when I typed something in and hit Search nothing happened. I've tried messing around with it while at work , and still nothing.

Did I download the wrong Map App?
    Is there anyway to get a refund for this silly app?
    11-16-11 02:29 PM
    Yep, that would be the wrong app. Never even seen that before. Why would we need a paid app to search google maps when google maps has its own search? If you want true turn by turn nav, telenav is the only way to go.
    11-16-11 02:35 PM
    Yep, that would be the wrong app. Never even seen that before. Why would we need a paid app to search google maps when google maps has its own search? If you want true turn by turn nav, telenav is the only way to go.
    Whoops . Well ok, I'll look into it.
    Well is there such a thing as a refund on an app?
    11-16-11 02:43 PM
    So bloody traffic won't connect to gps on my 9900 and I remember having the same problem with my 9700.. The google and bb maps connect in a second! Traffic literally won't connect! What's the deal!

11-17-11 05:04 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD