I have tried all weather apps available for the Storm and all of them would have me at 19mb after about 6 hours of use. I boot with 43mb.

I now just use Weather Underground and The Weather Channel via the web... both are accessed thru launchers from EDL Industries.

I have removed all weather apps and have not had to reboot in DAYS as seen in this screenshot below with my uptime:
    05-29-09 10:26 AM
    ...launchers from EDL Industries...
    A plug with no link...can't let that one go...

Blackberry Launchers
    05-29-09 10:48 AM
    A plug with no link...can't let that one go...

Blackberry Launchers
    Sorry... that was supposed to have a link with the title... thanks for the updating and including the link.
    05-29-09 11:18 AM
    i remove weatherbug yesterday and i end up placing it back today, since my memory statys between 47-35mb's. I've also remove other apps like quickpull, viigo, pandora Pro v2 blue theme. I didnt notice any difference when i remove it. It could be just my phone.

my current app now are: accelodex, aol aim(running 24hrs), bartender pro, BB Maps, BB messenger, Brick Breaker(game), Browser, Capture it, crystal clear (theme), email setup, facebook, Guitar hero world tour(game), memo pad, meter berry, myspace, need for speed undercover(game), shazam, shotgun(game), tasks, tinytwitter(running 24hrs), tip calculator, weatherbug(running 24hrs) & (reinstalled), Wrath(game).
    Last edited by Roweazie; 05-29-09 at 12:00 PM.
    05-29-09 11:57 AM
    curious what is "memory wise"

does it have wisdom?
    05-29-09 12:51 PM
    curious what is "memory wise"

does it have wisdom?
    it means the solution is toward memory, and not other issues.....

(ummm, did that make ne sense watsoever?) lol
    05-29-09 01:13 PM
    That's too bad. I need a phone that can handle the applications that are designed to be used on it. Enjoy your Storm's folks
    05-29-09 01:16 PM
    Any technology user will test the limits of his/her devices constantly as a personal challenge.

IT guy since '74.
    05-29-09 01:26 PM
    This might work for some but not for all...

I have 36 Apps (including Talklock and Weatherbug ), 11 launchers and I boot with 37 MB... I hardly EVER drop below 25 and if I do it ALWAYS recovers... Most of the time I am above 30 MB since installing .148...
    05-29-09 01:57 PM
    I LOVE WeatherBug and use it all the time. Whether or not it leaks memory, as long a my phone works like I think it should, I don't care what my mem numbers are. I don't even look anymore. The last time my phone got rebooted was about 10 days ago. Just for the purposes of this thread, I checked my memory and I'm at 32 meg.

Grey
    05-29-09 02:51 PM
    WHAT THE $#%!

how is that even possible!!!! I have a barebones one with just WB, WSJ, Google sync and mine keeps going down to 10MB through the day...share some of the secret will you?
    05-29-09 02:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD