12-11-12 11:13 PM
419 12345 ...
tools
    Awesome app, just a few q's or requests rather. currently I use another app (batterywatch) to have the battery level & percentage shown on the homescreen. Also it shows graphically the discharge.
    Now my request would be, can you have such a feature added to your awesome app. Just the battery icon & percentage on the homescreen (i think an option to have it in the menu exists) but it would be cool to just look at the screen and see the percentage remaining. As well as in the new battery section that you have in the latest version can you add remaining time (i.e at the current usage of the phone, how much more time can I expect to use the phone like 1hr 32Mins). Those two additions will kill battery watch use plus another small battery app that shows remaining usage time.
    Other than that killer app indeed. Love the new changes especially the grouping of the various sections. Now its not too intimidating for some and one can atleast explore more of its features that were somewhat hidden.
    09-20-12 03:05 AM
    But the above mentioned app doesn't capture screen time or incoming messages, calls count + call time, and I'm not sure about charging time too, so what will you use ? 2 apps to track battery ?
    The homescreen display of the battery level is a deal breaker for me in getting rid of MeterBerry, it's just so handy to have it there on the homescreen without having to do anything to see it other than take the phone out of the holster.

As a Hybrid user and unofficial tester for BL the battery temp info and signal strength log is also vital to me so for now I will use 2 apps, with Advance OS primarily collecting useage data.

Don't get me wrong, I think that what you have produced is great, it just doesn't cover my needs at the moment.
    BoldAlways likes this.
    09-20-12 03:37 AM
    The homescreen display of the battery level is a deal breaker for me in getting rid of MeterBerry, it's just so handy to have it there on the homescreen without having to do anything to see it other than take the phone out of the holster.

As a Hybrid user and unofficial tester for BL the battery temp info and signal strength log is also vital to me so for now I will use 2 apps, with Advance OS primarily collecting useage data.

Don't get me wrong, I think that what you have produced is great, it just doesn't cover my needs at the moment.
    you have been good to my app, i would hate to let you down, if there is one thing you want to see added in battery monitor reports, what would it be ? (battery icon on home screen is a potential risk for AOSLED due to Application Resource Monitor, i really cant add this one, dont forget my app is 30+ features in one app.)
    09-20-12 06:43 AM
    A possible solution. There is a small free app BatteryWatch 1.9.33 that shows the % on the home screen and then can give basic data (temp. voltage). I am not sure how much resources it uses, but it keeps no log.

Hope this helps.

Sultan is such a good guy. Thanks again.
    09-20-12 07:08 AM
    you have been good to my app, i would hate to let you down, if there is one thing you want to see added in battery monitor reports, what would it be ? (battery icon on home screen is a potential risk for AOSLED due to Application Resource Monitor, i really cant add this one, dont forget my app is 30+ features in one app.)
    Your app has also been very good to me, and I am in no way suggesting that you have let me down in the slightest !!!

Battery temparature is the main thing I would like to see added to the monitoring function of the battery app section.

Just a thought, could you get the battery level to show up on the homescreen by incorporating it as part of the app icon ?

Eg The Meterberry app icon can be set to show one selected level from the functions monitored as the homescreen icon rather than in the notification bar. Just a thought.

Thanks as always Sultan, as I keep saying to anyone who will listen, your customer service is second to none in the app world.
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 09-20-12 at 09:46 AM.
    wolfee48 and BoldAlways like this.
    09-20-12 09:44 AM
    Your app has also been very good to me, and I am in no way suggesting that you have let me down in the slightest !!!

Battery temparature is the main thing I would like to see added to the monitoring function of the battery app section.

Just a thought, could you get the battery level to show up on the homescreen by incorporating it as part of the app icon ?

Eg The Meterberry app icon can be set to show one selected level from the functions monitored as the homescreen icon rather than in the notification bar. Just a thought.

Thanks as always Sultan, as I keep saying to anyone who will listen, your customer service is second to none in the app world.
    hold on, i never used any battery app, so let me understand this correctly, you want:

1- a notification icon like the bbm and my night led for battery level?
    (if yes then continue)
    2- you want to see icon + battery level (example 95 without the percentage)
    3- you want to change the icon to a custom picture you choose for 100%. 75%, 50%, 25%, 15% ( or maybe other levels, let me know)

let me know regarding the above ?

and consider the battery temperature already included in the reports, ( when i developed battery monitor feature, i reserved 2 more metrics slots for later requests and uses ) , however it will only capture battery temperature once every hour.
    09-20-12 10:12 AM
    hold on, i never used any battery app, so let me understand this correctly, you want:

1- a notification icon like the bbm and my night led for battery level?
    (if yes then continue)
    2- you want to see icon + battery level (example 95 without the percentage)
    3- you want to change the icon to a custom picture you choose for 100%. 75%, 50%, 25%, 15% ( or maybe other levels, let me know)

let me know regarding the above ?

and consider the battery temperature already included in the reports, ( when i developed battery monitor feature, i reserved 2 more metrics slots for later requests and uses ) , however it will only capture battery temperature once every hour.
    Hi Sultan

What we are asking for is just the current battery level figure to appear in the same place that your Night LED Icon appears, no need for the % to appear, just the numbers99, 98, 97 etc as would appear on the homescreen of your app.

What MeterBerry does is allow you to choose one level to be set to appear in the notification area and a different one to be set as the homescreen icon for the actual app.

EG I always have battery level in the notification area and battery temp set as the app icon

I have attached a screenshot of my homescreen as a picture is worth a thousand words.

The MeterBerry App Icon is the thermometer shaped one.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 09-20-12 at 11:02 AM.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    09-20-12 10:48 AM
    Hi Sultan

What we are asking for is just the current battery level figure to appear in the same place that your Night LED Icon appears, no need for the % to appear, just the numbers99, 98, 97 etc as would appear on the homescreen of your app.

What MeterBerry does is allow you to choose one level to be set to appear in the notification area and a different one to be set as the homescreen icon for the actual app.

EG I always have battery level in the notification area and battery temp set as the app icon

I have attached a screenshot of my homescreen as a picture is worth a thousand words.

The MeterBerry App Icon is the thermometer shaped one.
    it seems CrackBerry ddint show your attached picture. can you try attaching it again ?
    09-20-12 10:59 AM
    it seems CrackBerry ddint show your attached picture. can you try attaching it again ?
    Tried again, fingers crossed !!!

Had to do it as a zip as exceeded maximum file size otherwise, sorry.
    Attached Files
    09-20-12 11:04 AM
    Tried again, fingers crossed !!!

Had to do it as a zip as exceeded maximum file size otherwise, sorry.
    lol, here is a graphics tip, never save a picture in BMP format, try gif, jpeg or png

ok, back to battery monitor, i misunderstood your first request, i was thinking you want a totally new icon which replaces (or shows on top of) the default battery icon (top left corner)..

so you just want the attached, not a problem

what about changing the icon depending on the battery level, and supplying your own icons ?
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    09-20-12 11:14 AM
    To be honest i only use MeterBerry for battery drainage becuase it tells you an hourly discharge rate, i use BatteryEx for the battery icon n yes you can use your own battery skins which is nice, so if you decide to add the battery icon option then something like BatteryEx would be nice (where you can use your own skins).

Thanks
    09-20-12 11:19 AM
    To be honest i only use MeterBerry for battery drainage becuase it tells you an hourly discharge rate, i use BatteryEx for the battery icon n yes you can use your own battery skins which is nice, so if you decide to add the battery icon option then something like BatteryEx would be nice (where you can use your own skins).

Thanks
    my app does show you an hourly discharge rate

skins are nice, but what if someone sends me the best looking skins so i can add them to my app and save people the hassle of looking for battery level skins
    09-20-12 11:24 AM
    yes i know i've not yet mastered how to use that lol but i have it monitoring my battery
    09-20-12 11:31 AM
    lol, here is a graphics tip, never save a picture in BMP format, try gif, jpeg or png

ok, back to battery monitor, i misunderstood your first request, i was thinking you want a totally new icon which replaces (or shows on top of) the default battery icon (top left corner)..

so you just want the attached, not a problem

what about changing the icon depending on the battery level, and supplying your own icons ?
    Thanks for the tip on saving pictures.

Not looking for anything too complicated such as revolving or changing icons, just the basic info on display is fine for me.

Thanks again for you support, we owe you so much for your App, it is already the best thing out there and just keeps on getting better.
    09-20-12 11:31 AM
    yes i know i've not yet mastered how to use that lol but i have it monitoring my battery
    lol, easy, just click on any hour to see the full details in full words rather than just acronyms
    AbuYazeedUK likes this.
    09-20-12 11:34 AM
    Thanks for the tip on saving pictures.

Not looking for anything too complicated such as revolving or changing icons, just the basic info on display is fine for me.

Thanks again for you support, we owe you so much for your App, it is already the best thing out there and just keeps on getting better.
    its the best thing cause of people like yourself who cares and helps me with feedback and suggestions

btw, AOSLED is not the best, its the 4th best in app world right now

i will add the battery level and skins then monitor battery impact, if i see an issue, i wont include skins, just 1 icon and the level. As for the temperature, i will include it for sure

hope this is fine with everyone
    Legal Eagle and AbuYazeedUK like this.
    09-20-12 11:50 AM
    btw, AOSLED is not the best, its the 4th best in app world right now
    LIE, LIE, LIE: it is the very best!
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    09-20-12 11:52 AM
    LIE, LIE, LIE: it is the very best!
    lol, sorry, but facebook, whatsapp and BBM are better BlackBerry App World - Free BlackBerry Apps - Official Store

(on PC press ctrl + f5 if you dont see it) or (on blackberry alt+rst)
    09-20-12 11:58 AM
    lol, sorry, but facebook, whatsapp and BBM are better BlackBerry App World - Free BlackBerry Apps - Official Store

(on PC press ctrl + f5 if you dont see it) or (on blackberry alt+rst)
    More popular maybe.

Better, no way !!!
    BlazorBoy and Sultan Al Sooz like this.
    09-20-12 12:08 PM
    More popular maybe.

Better, no way !!!
    temperature is added, if you want to try it then email me so i can send you a ota link
    09-20-12 01:07 PM
    First up, thanks again for the app and all the great support.

Don't know if it's a one-off, but ARM just shut it down on my 9900....
    09-20-12 01:18 PM
    First up, thanks again for the app and all the great support.

Don't know if it's a one-off, but ARM just shut it down on my 9900....

yes, there is only 1 reason why the ARM will close my app, its because you didnt close my app main screen properly, you must always close my app main screen using Back key and not end call key, never leave its screen running in the background
    09-20-12 01:23 PM
    temperature is added, if you want to try it then email me so i can send you a ota link
    PM sent with my e.mail address.

Many thanks as always
    09-20-12 01:25 PM
    This is what makes Advance OS and LED so great!! The developer Sultan is the best out there. He listens to what we want in the app and if its doable he instantly puts it in. There's no waiting months for the uipdates he does it right then. Thanks Sultan!!!
    09-20-12 01:48 PM
    I just used the Autotext backup and restore (after a wipe and fresh OS install) and I can't thank you enough, it even restored the Arabic writing where as after a DM restore the Arabic used come back as some funky letters and I had to manually restore them.

Thanks for this

Regarding the skins for the battery icons there's a thread on here somewhere for batteryex where everyone is sharing skins maybe you can take some from there if you want to include some skins.
    Sultan Al Sooz likes this.
    09-20-12 02:07 PM
419 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD