Bold 9900.. Running Tmobile 7.1.0.284

I did have Super Popup Before, but that has been deleted to try and fix this issue and now only AOSLED is the only popup manager. Like I Said it worked last nite when I replied to this thread and after a morning restart it is not working. ALL other Popup work great.. Email etc
    Hmm.... that is odd. Hopefully Sultan will come along shortly. Another guess of mine is that maybe your device is password locked upon turning back on and it is playing nice with the pop-up.
    Last edited by dustanh; 10-12-12 at 12:12 PM.
    10-12-12 11:23 AM
    Hmm.... that is odd. Hopefully Sultan will come along shortly. Another guess of mine is that maybe your device is l password locked upon turning back on and it is playing nice with the pop-up.
    I do have Pattern Lock but curious why the Email popups work fine.. The SMS pop up wont show even when the device is not locked and I am in the SMS app.. knowing I will get a reply back.. Yes Hopefully Sultan can diagnose it.. I was so excited yesterday after I reinstalled it and it was working.. I put the Auto reply to use as well.. Then this morning...no more pop ups
    10-12-12 12:00 PM
    I do have Pattern Lock but curious why the Email popups work fine.. The SMS pop up wont show even when the device is not locked and I am in the SMS app.. knowing I will get a reply back.. Yes Hopefully Sultan can diagnose it.. I was so excited yesterday after I reinstalled it and it was working.. I put the Auto reply to use as well.. Then this morning...no more pop ups
    I have PatterLock as well... but by Tafasa. Patternlock only activates when holstered on my device. Maybe give that a try. Change the settings to lock when holstered, not timed or when woken up.
    10-12-12 12:13 PM
    I have PatterLock as well... but by Tafasa. Patternlock only activates when holstered on my device. Maybe give that a try. Change the settings to lock when holstered, not timed or when woken up.
    NO go. I have the same pattern lock. I will delete and reinstall again and see if the same happens after a restart tomorrow. Hopefully Sultan can shed some light
    10-12-12 02:37 PM
    NO go. I have the same pattern lock. I will delete and reinstall again and see if the same happens after a restart tomorrow. Hopefully Sultan can shed some light
    OK. I think I can confirm it has to do with the Device Restart from AOSLED. I deleted and reinstalled the app. Send a TExt message.. Worked Perfect. I went to AOSLED and restarted the Device.. Tried another test order and No more POP on SMS.
    10-12-12 03:22 PM
    OK. I think I can confirm it has to do with the Device Restart from AOSLED. I deleted and reinstalled the app. Send a TExt message.. Worked Perfect. I went to AOSLED and restarted the Device.. Tried another test order and No more POP on SMS.
    Interesting... I wonder if it is fixed in the BETA. I don't use the AOS restart feature because I have my device password locked and they don't work together.
    10-12-12 04:26 PM
    I withdraw my suggestion that your battery monitor hurt my discharge rate. It does not.

Many thanks.
    After much testing af various things I can also catergorically say that Advance OS WAS NOT causing my fluctuating idle ADR figures

Seems like the culprit was a bad OS load.

A wipe and install has cured the issue and AOS is back on the bold. Have to say that when I was testing without AOS installed I missed it so much as using I Launch had become second nature for doing so many things.
    10-13-12 04:38 AM
    Hi,

i believe you have another app which is interfering, like sms backup or something else.

the problem with SMS is that it has limited ports for 3rd party apps, you must try and find out which app needs to listen to sms to function and delete it or disable it.

also on CDMA (none-gsm) phones , the sms popup might not work.

popups and LED features use the same code to generate the alerts, so if LED works then popup should work. is the SMS LED still working after the popups stop showing ?
    wolfee48 likes this.
    10-13-12 05:44 AM
    Hi,

i believe you have another app which is interfering, like sms backup or something else.

the problem with SMS is that it has limited ports for 3rd party apps, you must try and find out which app needs to listen to sms to function and delete it or disable it.

also on CDMA (none-gsm) phones , the sms popup might not work.

popups and LED features use the same code to generate the alerts, so if LED works then popup should work. is the SMS LED still working after the popups stop showing ?
    hi sultan. I don't have any other app for sms. I did have super popup which continued to work while aosled didn't even when I had the super popup disabled. I uninstalled that to make sure it was not the conflict.

I don't have a sms backup app unless that is part of the 9900 feature set.

I do believe the Led does keep working even tbough the pop ups dont.

the most curious part is that they work till a device restart is done through aosled.

I will attempt a device restart otherwise and see if that makes a difference.

only other app that I have that would do anything like with shorcuts is quick launch that I have .

another interesting note if I install super pop up again it works fine with sms popup while email popup continue to work from aosled.
    10-13-12 07:00 AM
    Sultan

OK found the Culprit.

Talk to you Later.. which allows ending text messages to calls you reject..

Can you see if your app can be made compatible to this?

Many Thanks and glad got to the end of the mystery

Ameet
    wolfee48 likes this.
    10-13-12 08:08 AM
    Sultan

OK found the Culprit.

Talk to you Later.. which allows ending text messages to calls you reject..

Can you see if your app can be made compatible to this?

Many Thanks and glad got to the end of the mystery

Ameet
    Told you

what do you use the other app for ? maybe i can add its functionality.

and you dont use my app's iLaunch feature, lol, its hard to believe you can use other launcher apps instead, i wonder why ?
    wolfee48 likes this.
    10-13-12 09:38 AM
    Told you

and you dont use my app's iLaunch feature, lol, its hard to believe you can use other launcher apps instead, i wonder why ?
    The Talk to you later lets you send an SMS to any call you reject or Miss with a bunch of predefined Auto reply much as you do with the new SMS auto reply. You can in addition set a timer for set number of minutes and you phone wont ring and auto sms can be send to all callers. It has Junk phones which can send auto reply text as well. I dont use it a whole lot but comes handy sometimes.

As far as Quick Launch, only thing i prefer is the launch actually looks just like a BBM Menu and i just have bunch of short cuts for Device info etc there. I use your custom actions to make the phone do wonders though :-)

Hopefully you can make the Pop UP UI look like the suggestion in the other thread and then i will be set :-)

Thanks again
    wolfee48 likes this.
    10-13-12 09:55 AM
    Sultan please
    my 9900 is dead so i have to go back to my 9700. can i restore settings backup from 9900 (os 7.1) to 9700 (os 6)?
    10-13-12 11:24 AM
    Sultan please
    my 9900 is dead so i have to go back to my 9700. can i restore settings backup from 9900 (os 7.1) to 9700 (os 6)?
    yes, you can even restore to OS 5 if you feel like it

even full contacts lists backup and AutoText Backup is backwards compatible
    10-13-12 11:53 AM
    I love this app and have finally remove most of my duplicate apps that perform the features this one does but I do have 2 issues.

1. The purple LED color seems light a light purple compared to what I was used to on BeBuzz. Girlfriends favorite color is purple so I use it a lot and I find sometimes the purple just doesn't stand out on this app like I did BeBuzz.

2. I still use quickpull for scheduled reboots because it works with passwords. Any plans to add this in the future builds?

Thanks for a great app and keeping it free. Lot of hard work and time has gone into this app.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-13-12 12:12 PM
    I love this app and have finally remove most of my duplicate apps that perform the features this one does but I do have 2 issues.

1. The purple LED color seems light a light purple compared to what I was used to on BeBuzz. Girlfriends favorite color is purple so I use it a lot and I find sometimes the purple just doesn't stand out on this app like I did BeBuzz.

2. I still use quickpull for scheduled reboots because it works with passwords. Any plans to add this in the future builds?

Thanks for a great app and keeping it free. Lot of hard work and time has gone into this app.

why not try the color spectrum picker , it has more than 100 colors. just choose the last choice "more" when selecting colors. hint: try to change brightness

passwords unlock for OS 7, really !!? i tried but couldnt get it to work. mmm
    Attached Thumbnails Major upgrade to Adv OS and LED. V15 with battery saving mode and wifi/bluetooth leds-9800-10.png  
    Mecca EL likes this.
    10-13-12 12:23 PM

I faced a similar preference and, oddly enough, the preset for pink in AOSL seems closer to the purple used in BeBuzz.

But as Sultan mentioned, you can always brew your own courtesy of his spectrum picker.
    10-13-12 12:28 PM
    I use D.Purple as it looks better. Darker. Less pink. Scroll down the list of colours further.
    10-13-12 01:52 PM
    Told you

Sultan

Unfortunately, looks like Issue is back. Don't have any conflicting app as far I know installed anymore (unless QuickLaunch interferes) but after a reboot again, the SMS popups dont work.. If wonder what else could be causing it
    10-15-12 10:38 AM
    Sultan

Unfortunately, looks like Issue is back. Don't have any conflicting app as far I know installed anymore (unless QuickLaunch interferes) but after a reboot again, the SMS popups dont work.. If wonder what else could be causing it
    Ok, let's try Event Log viewer, after getting an SMS, goto your homescreen, then hold 'alt' key and pres 'lglg' keys, look for any bold text that says 'vcalls', copy it and paste it here, or email it to me.
    10-15-12 10:57 AM
    Ok, let's try Event Log viewer, after getting an SMS, goto your homescreen, then hold 'alt' key and pres 'lglg' keys, look for any bold text that says 'vcalls', copy it and paste it here, or email it to me.
    Not seeing any Vcalls bold text or Non bold of that matter on the Event Log viewer..

I restored the AOSLED settings,, send a text, got the POP up, but still nothing in the Event viewer..

All is well, but when I reboot, the POP up wont show up.

I dont want you to dig into this if it seems an isolated occurrence with my device, I appreciate all the effort you put into this APP and I am sure you have other features you want to put out.
    10-15-12 11:47 AM
    Not seeing any Vcalls bold text or Non bold of that matter on the Event Log viewer..

I restored the AOSLED settings,, send a text, got the POP up, but still nothing in the Event viewer..

All is well, but when I reboot, the POP up wont show up.

I dont want you to dig into this if it seems an isolated occurrence with my device, I appreciate all the effort you put into this APP and I am sure you have other features you want to put out.
    You should see the bold text only when popups stop working
    10-15-12 12:07 PM
    You should see the bold text only when popups stop working
    Not seeing anything in there which says vcalls at all Bold or Not Bold. Should I be seeing it for the emails as well?
    10-15-12 12:18 PM
    Not seeing anything in there which says vcalls at all Bold or Not Bold. Should I be seeing it for the emails as well?
    The bold text means an error has occurred in the app, you should never see a bold text for vcalls unless an error accured, i thought it might be an error which is not allowing my app to show the SMS popups.

but if you dont see any bold text for vcalls then there is no errors and something else (another app) is blocking my app from seeing the SMS messages before it even reaches my app's SMS port listener.
    10-16-12 06:00 AM
    Currently have "Battery Charging" set to a count of 3 with 2s mix of DYellow, 2s mix of Yellow and 1s blink of green. This works the way it should until the battery is fully charged, which I have set to OFF for "Battery Full", however when it's charging is complete the LED still goes off using the 3 combos mentioned for the charging state.

Also I have "Battery Low" to OFF, but I've noticed that even when I'm under 10% that a yellowish LED still blinks. Did I miss a setting somewhere that's causing this to still trigger?
    10-16-12 09:36 AM
419 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD