OMG not sure why but I think the latest update may have fixed my horrendous memory leak since I upgrade to 7.1 recently. Your skills are amazing!
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-05-12 02:27 AM
    Maybe it was all the extra apps you deleted because of AOSLED...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    wolfee48, Legal Eagle and Mecca EL like this.
    10-05-12 02:34 AM
    The Automatic copy and paste auto text function is pasting the text into the To Fields instead of the Text field.
    10-05-12 10:03 AM
    The Automatic copy and paste auto text function is pasting the text into the To Fields instead of the Text field.
    It works fine on my end... sometimes it is hit or miss where the text cursor lands when using a SMS shortcut.
    10-05-12 10:11 AM
    It works fine on my end... sometimes it is hit or miss where the text cursor lands when using a SMS shortcut.
    Well that is not acceptable for me especially when I am stuck in traffic and have to get out a message to my Professors about being late. I need to have this auto text fixed so that it does not go into the To Field because I can't check it, then copy and paste the text again into the Text Field if I'm in Traffic.
    10-05-12 10:26 AM
    Well that is not acceptable for me especially when I am stuck in traffic and have to get out a message to my Professors about being late. I need to have this auto text fixed so that it does not go into the To Field because I can't check it, then copy and paste the text again into the Text Field if I'm in Traffic.
    I agree, will fix this for sure, what OS are you running and what phone model ?
    wolfee48 likes this.
    10-05-12 10:32 AM
    Sultan

Over the past few days I have been getting a much higher than usual overnight battery dishcarge rate when the phone is doing nothing but idle.

Is it possible that it could be connected to the Night LED kicking in ?

This is the only change to the phone from when it is on idle during the day when the idle rate is as normal.

Seemed to coincide with installing a new Hybrid OS so maybe something in the OS that AOS doesn't like ???

Just installed yet another new OS and deleted and did a fresh install of AOS at the same time.

Once the OS has settled in I will do a comparison overnight with Night LED on and off and let you know the results.

Just wanted to mention it as a couple of days ago I recall that Blazor Boy mentioned that his ADR had suddenly increased too and queried if the new version may be the culprit.

Legal
    10-05-12 11:38 AM
    Someone reported that the battery notification icons are the reason for the extra battery usage, on my phone 9810 it lasts the same as the old version, but for few others, it has increased, I still don't understand how much extra battery it is using, maybe people having such issues can provide the actual difference between new and old version ?
    10-05-12 12:52 PM
    Someone reported that the battery notification icons are the reason for the extra battery usage, on my phone 9810 it lasts the same as the old version, but for few others, it has increased, I still don't understand how much extra battery it is using, maybe people having such issues can provide the actual difference between new and old version ?
    Mine has been fine during the day, it has just been when the Night LED has been activated that the idle has been around 1.5% per hour higher, could just be a coincidence as I said earlier, just wanted to run it by you.
    10-05-12 01:01 PM
    I withdraw my suggestion that your battery monitor hurt my discharge rate. It does not.

Many thanks.
    10-05-12 06:07 PM
    I agree, will fix this for sure, what OS are you running and what phone model ?
    Thanks!

OS version 7.1.0.714 (the newest one for the 9900)
    Phone: 9900

Also is there anyway you could add like a feature or option to show Last Reset or something? I think on MeterBerry it showed how many Hours the phone had been used since last reset or something. I'm curious to see how long my device can go hours or days wise.
    10-05-12 10:38 PM
    Thanks!

OS version 7.1.0.714 (the newest one for the 9900)
    Phone: 9900

Also is there anyway you could add like a feature or option to show Last Reset or something? I think on MeterBerry it showed how many Hours the phone had been used since last reset or something. I'm curious to see how long my device can go hours or days wise.
    Phone restarts is already part of the battery & usage monitor feature, just enable it.

As for the sms reply text fix, will work on it
    10-05-12 10:58 PM
    a fix is available, i need you to test it, because no one else is having the same issue (no one reported it), so kindly email me so i can send you the link to download and test the fix

my email is in my app's main menu "About". waiting for your email.
    10-06-12 07:48 AM
    I withdraw my suggestion that your battery monitor hurt my discharge rate. It does not.

Many thanks.
    Hmm, i'm not to sure about that.

Been having problems since last Sunday with my 9900 idling at 2% ADR when it used to be good as gold at around 0.5/0.6%

Thought that it might have been the Night LED as it became very noticeable first thing in the morning when teh phone had been fully idle while I was asleep but now disproved that theory.

Today I have disabled all the AOS Battery Monitoring Functions and I'm back to idling at 0.5%

What I had done was keep Meterberry installed and running as well as AOS so I had AOS Notification Icon for Battery Level and MeterBerry Icon showing Battery Temp.

I suspect that there may be a conflict between the two that was causing the idle discharge rate to increase.

Still in the process of testing, but after four and a half hours with AOS disabled and coming off a full charge, idle rate is now 0.4% with battery loss of 2% over that period of time.

Sultan, have I drawn a correct conclusion regarding the conflict between the 2 Apps ???
    10-06-12 09:37 AM
    I'm a little slow. Can someone tell me how to #1turn off the LED I get when I receive a SMS or email; all I want is a sound and #2 change battery meter icons? I tried the way that is posted, but it doesn't work. What am I doing incorrectly?
    By the way, I have deleted three apps since downloading this app. It is the best. Thank you Sultan Al Sooz...
    10-06-12 09:40 AM
    Emailed you.
    10-06-12 12:50 PM
    Hmm, i'm not to sure about that.

Been having problems since last Sunday with my 9900 idling at 2% ADR when it used to be good as gold at around 0.5/0.6%

Thought that it might have been the Night LED as it became very noticeable first thing in the morning when teh phone had been fully idle while I was asleep but now disproved that theory.

Today I have disabled all the AOS Battery Monitoring Functions and I'm back to idling at 0.5%

What I had done was keep Meterberry installed and running as well as AOS so I had AOS Notification Icon for Battery Level and MeterBerry Icon showing Battery Temp.

I suspect that there may be a conflict between the two that was causing the idle discharge rate to increase.

Still in the process of testing, but after four and a half hours with AOS disabled and coming off a full charge, idle rate is now 0.4% with battery loss of 2% over that period of time.

Sultan, have I drawn a correct conclusion regarding the conflict between the 2 Apps ???
    any feature you enable in my app will use extra battery, but very little.

any app you install that runs in the background will take extra battery. however, the more apps run in the background, the more it will use CPU, which will drain the battery much faster than you think.

the difference is, each app needs to run in its own process pool, so two apps running consumes more than 2 features running in the same app

conclusion, you must uninstall my app OR meterberry and then test, thats the correct way of testing, having both apps installed will drain battery as twice as much
    Mecca EL and Legal Eagle like this.
    10-06-12 12:51 PM
    I'm a little slow. Can someone tell me how to #1turn off the LED I get when I receive a SMS or email; all I want is a sound and #2 change battery meter icons? I tried the way that is posted, but it doesn't work. What am I doing incorrectly?
    By the way, I have deleted three apps since downloading this app. It is the best. Thank you Sultan Al Sooz...
    simple, just select 1 black color for the SMS or Email LED light in my app
    10-06-12 12:56 PM
    any feature you enable in my app will use extra battery, but very little.

any app you install that runs in the background will take extra battery. however, the more apps run in the background, the more it will use CPU, which will drain the battery much faster than you think.

the difference is, each app needs to run in its own process pool, so two apps running consumes more than 2 features running in the same app

conclusion, you must uninstall my app OR meterberry and then test, thats the correct way of testing, having both apps installed will drain battery as twice as much
    Thanks Sultan

If I find that one of the two has definately got to go it won't be AOS !!!
    10-06-12 01:01 PM
    Thanks Sultan

If I find that one of the two has definately got to go it won't be AOS !!!
    lol, i meant just for testing purposes, you can keep both apps running, after all whats the point of having a smart phone if you cant make it smart, little extra battery life will not equal needed functionality
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-06-12 01:19 PM
    Hello Sultan Al Sooz, firstly thank you for a great app. I popped here some weeks ago and decide to see why everyone was raving about you and posted a question requesting for temp meter as well as average drain meter capabilities to be added in your app. You did not reply after a day or two and I thought here is another developer that people just praise yet he doesnt even reply. Your app had already added taking of screenshots - i deleted screenmuncher, it added a torch, i deleted my torch app. In less than a week i popped in here and read that some folks are already testing a new version of AOS that has the very same features that I had requested. needless to say i was pleasantly surprised and waited eagerly. I got it and at once i deleted battery watch, since AOS 14.8 now had battery meter, and i deleted meterberry since AOS again added temp meter.
    However I have two questions. The first is, when i receive say a bbm, the led light would sometimes flash red maybe once or twice before flashing the correct cyan bbm colour. With whatsapp it's different, it would flash green and then white and then green again. green being whatsapp set led colour and white being email led colour. Is there a conflict somewhere? Secondly, see the pic attached. If i receive a message at night the screen part of the meter seems to either go on for an entire hour or shows that the screen has been on for an entire hour. Very strange indeedMajor upgrade to Adv OS and LED. V15 with battery saving mode and wifi/bluetooth leds-s12_10_07__02_33_47.jpg
    10-07-12 06:30 AM
    Sultan,

Allow me to add my thanks for the continuing support, bugfixes and additions to an app that has became a makor part of my 9900

Couple of questions (for anyone to answer, if they can):

- Wallpaper mode. I've enabled this and noticed that the battery is draining extremely quickly compared to before. Is this normal? Also, if I change the "image change interval" to "screen off-on", sometimes the image doesn't change, other times it changes through a couple of images at once. Is this problem just on my phone? Also, how about an option to change the image every say, 5 occasions of screen-off-on instead? That'd be ace. Am I correct in thinking that setting a low time delay for wallpaper change (1 min) would eat the battery compared to setting it to 30mins?

- Battery monitor. Excellent! Love the notification bar setting. However I find I'm quite interested to see the ADR too.. what's the chances of being able to add this as an option in the notification area ALONG WITH the battery percentage i.e. "78% (adr 2%)" ? That'd be fantastic.

Thanks for the hard work, time and effort. Much appreciated.

Last question - what do you guys recommend as a file manager? Ideally, one that'd allow multi-selects for copy/paste operations, small thumbnail views of images, and ideally a 'favourites' or 'bookmarks' option for jumping between common locations. TIA!
    10-07-12 06:48 AM
    However I have two questions. The first is, when i receive say a bbm, the led light would sometimes flash red maybe once or twice before flashing the correct cyan bbm colour. With whatsapp it's different, it would flash green and then white and then green again. green being whatsapp set led colour and white being email led colour. Is there a conflict somewhere? Secondly, see the pic attached. If i receive a message at night the screen part of the meter seems to either go on for an entire hour or shows that the screen has been on for an entire hour. Very strange indeed
    Me not responding to users is somehow difficult to believe, but im human after all, so its possible

ok, so for red led in bbm, its cause my app waits for 1 second until it shows your bbm led, so the OS bbm red led starts then my app takes over. to stop the red led from showing, just turn off the LED in BBM sound settings from within your phone Sound Profiles.

as for whatsapp, its cause of whatsapp sends your messages as emails, and my app sees that and shows you an email led and a whatsapp led, to confirm just switch on popups feature in my app and you will see what im talking about. i might have to do something about the whatsapp messages in my next release, it should NOT be a big issue to fix

as for the 60m screen time, its a bug, i will have to fix it, i also have the same issue, unfortunately i noticed it yesterday and no one else has reported it, strange !!
    Phly_kid likes this.
    10-07-12 07:44 AM
    - Wallpaper mode. I've enabled this and noticed that the battery is draining extremely quickly compared to before. Is this normal? Also, if I change the "image change interval" to "screen off-on", sometimes the image doesn't change, other times it changes through a couple of images at once. Is this problem just on my phone? Also, how about an option to change the image every say, 5 occasions of screen-off-on instead? That'd be ace. Am I correct in thinking that setting a low time delay for wallpaper change (1 min) would eat the battery compared to setting it to 30mins?
    1 min interval will take extra power than 30 min, 30 times faster, but it would be helpful to know what extremely quickly measure would be, like 1 hour or 10 hours ?

- Battery monitor. Excellent! Love the notification bar setting. However I find I'm quite interested to see the ADR too.. what's the chances of being able to add this as an option in the notification area ALONG WITH the battery percentage i.e. "78% (adr 2%)" ? That'd be fantastic.
    ADR is already available, just switch it from Battery Notification feature to show in your notification area instead of battery remaining, however you must have "battery & usage" feature switch on as well.

1 app can only have 1 icon and 2 digits next to in the notification bar, RIM restriction.
    10-07-12 07:51 AM
    Thanks for the swift reply.

Extremely quickly? Hard to quantify. My battery life is pretty good, but after enabling the wallpaper feature (1 min change), my battery dropped from 90% to 75% within around 30 mins. That's why I was asking if it were possible to add the option "change every 5 screen-on-offs", or 10, or 20. That way the number of changes would be directly linked to your phone use. Does the feature take any battery cycles if the phone's locked, but set to change every minute?

Thanls for answering the ADR/notification Q - didn't realise it was a RIM limitation
    10-07-12 08:05 AM
419 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD