Started new thread for skins to use with this awesome app....more to come when I have time to convert more, and Ria is helping as well

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aosled-747706/
    10-01-12 11:23 AM
    why not use the pop up feature available with this app? i'm sure if it doesn't do everything leave it on does Sultan will glady intergrate it
    Actually it does more but is too intrusive. LIO popups took up just a bit of the top of the screen and were much simplier to operate. Less is more in this case.
    Last edited by BlazorBoy; 10-02-12 at 10:02 AM.
    10-01-12 09:01 PM
    Hey Sultan,

Question. I'm using Easy Lock Pro (http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/69128), I was wondering if it's possible to get the popups on top of this app.

None of the other popup apps can do it. Can you work your magic?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-02-12 09:53 AM
    I have a question...with the new update, whenever I go to answer a call, I get the "aosled is requesting permission" pop up 3 times in a row, before I can even answer the call. Is there a way to stop this? It's a bit annoying, lol. Thanks
    10-02-12 10:48 AM
    I have a question...with the new update, whenever I go to answer a call, I get the "aosled is requesting permission" pop up 3 times in a row, before I can even answer the call. Is there a way to stop this? It's a bit annoying, lol. Thanks
    Yeah - give it permission and hit the tick box to tell it to remember it. I believe this is happening as the app needs to fish into the contacts list.
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    10-02-12 10:53 AM
    This iLaunch feature... is it similar to QuickLaunch/ShortCutMe? If so, wondering how big of a footprint it adds to this app overall.
    10-02-12 12:33 PM
    This iLaunch feature... is it similar to QuickLaunch/ShortCutMe? If so, wondering how big of a footprint it adds to this app overall.
    Both apps you mentioned are great apps, but my app is designed with extreme measures to provide a full OS experience. So you really can not compare the size of these apps with my ilaunch feature, cause it was never the goal for the other apps to break physics rules
    10-02-12 12:47 PM
    It is very similar to Quicklaunch and Shortcutme. I’m not too familiar with Shortcutme but it has macros just like iLaunch.

With Quicklaunch, you were limited to 1 tier of shortcuts. Press spacebar or Q and select which ever assigned shortcut, A-Z , to open app or command.

For iLaunch, there is 4 tiers… apps, internet links, contacts, and custom actions (macros). Instead of being limited to one list of shortcuts, you now have 4. My setup is launched by spacebar to open iLaunch and then press “a” for apps, “c” for contacts, “I” for internet links, and spacebar for custom actions. You can assign A-Z, 0, and $ shortcuts to each tier. So you now have quadrupled your shortcut capabilities.

You can also default any of these to open on initial launch. I don’t though because I utilize the iLaunch homescreen, but a double tap of the spacebar from the device homescreen immediately opens up my custom actions.

Overall, it has a very small footprint. Add up all the other apps you would have installed to do all AOS does and the combined footprint of all the others is much greater than AOS.
    Last edited by dustanh; 10-02-12 at 12:55 PM.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-02-12 12:52 PM
    “c” for contacts, .
    OR "Call Button" for contacts even if "favorite contacts" row is hidden to minimize ilaunch popup's height

Edit: $ means space bar key
    Last edited by Sultan Al Sooz; 10-02-12 at 01:07 PM.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    10-02-12 01:04 PM
    OR "Call Button" for contacts even if "favorite contacts" row is hidden to minimize ilaunch popup's height

Edit: $ means space bar key
    I didn't even realize Call Button activated favorite contacts... sweet!
    10-02-12 01:17 PM
    Sultan

Might the latest release and especially the battery monitor be using much more power than before? I'm not sure but something seems to be eating my power faster than usual. Many thanks.
    10-03-12 07:50 AM
    Sultan

Might the latest release and especially the battery monitor be using much more power than before? I'm not sure but something seems to be eating my power faster than usual. Many thanks.
    I assume you can turn off the battery monitor features for a few days and watch the difference?
    10-03-12 08:14 AM
    Sultan

Testing the Beta Versions had no impact on my battery performance.
    10-03-12 08:34 AM
    Sultan

Turning the battery & usage monitor feature OFF will completely shutdown any usage for this feature, so if you experience any issue from this feature, its a good way to find out , also the battery notification icon wont be affected if you have battery remaining and temperature select
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    10-03-12 11:42 AM
    Turning the battery & usage monitor feature OFF will completely shutdown any usage for this feature, so if you experience any issue from this feature, its a good way to find out , also the battery notification icon wont be affected if you have battery remaining and temperature select
    Thanks for your usual fast response. I will try that for all l want is the icon with remaining % on the info bar. Why did you suggest to select temperature?
    10-03-12 12:37 PM
    Thanks for your usual fast response. I will try that for all l want is the icon with remaining % on the info bar. Why did you suggest to select temperature?
    I think Sultan means temperature and battery % remaining icons are still available when battery monitoring is turned off. When this is turned off... discharge rate, average discharge rate, and memory leak icons are not available.
    Sultan Al Sooz likes this.
    10-03-12 12:46 PM
    i meant that these 2 meters will still function normally if you switch off the Battery monitor feature.

i didnt mean to say select temperature, just saying if you do select it, it will still show you the temperature. but you want to see battery remaining %, so your good with battery monitor feature switched off.
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    10-03-12 12:47 PM
    i meant that these 2 meters will still function normally if you switch off the Battery monitor feature.

i didnt mean to say select temperature, just saying if you do select it, it will still show you the temperature. but you want to see battery remaining %, so your good with battery monitor feature switched off.

Now I understand. Many thanks.
    10-03-12 01:05 PM
    So I moved the charge20.png and discharge20.png battery icons out of their default location and copied over charge40.png and discharge40.png to replace their 20 counterparts. I then did the same for 60 to replace the 40 so 20 now shows as a red with no 'x', 40 and 60 are both yellow and the rest the same. I exited out of AOSLED and restarted it, but it's still using the old set of icons with the red 'x'. Short of restarting the phone, is there any way to get the new replacements to show?
    10-04-12 12:03 PM
    So I moved the charge20.png and discharge20.png battery icons out of their default location and copied over charge40.png and discharge40.png to replace their 20 counterparts. I then did the same for 60 to replace the 40 so 20 now shows as a red with no 'x', 40 and 60 are both yellow and the rest the same. I exited out of AOSLED and restarted it, but it's still using the old set of icons with the red 'x'. Short of restarting the phone, is there any way to get the new replacements to show?
    You should not move anything, just overwrite the images. So the filenames stay the same and in the same folder.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    10-04-12 12:09 PM
    You need to replace all 10 images with the "new" counterparts as is.

Replace the charge20 with the new charge20, discharge20 with the new discharge20 and so on, for each of them.
    Hope this helps
    10-04-12 12:11 PM
    You should not move anything, just overwrite the images. So the filenames stay the same and in the same folder.
    Exactly... just copy over and overwrite the icon with matching file name.

See attachement, I made my own custom set with icons provided in the icon thread.
    10-04-12 12:18 PM
    Exactly... just copy over and overwrite the icon with matching file name.

See attachement, I made my own custom set with icons provided in the icon thread.
    Ha! How creative! Now you can have all of em show with the one set!
    wolfee48 likes this.
    10-04-12 12:40 PM
    Wait, so what do I do now that I've already moved files and renamed new files to replace the old ones? Currently all the proper names are in place, just that I "switched" files around instead of replacing.
    10-04-12 01:58 PM
    Wait, so what do I do now that I've already moved files and renamed new files to replace the old ones? Currently all the proper names are in place, just that I "switched" files around instead of replacing.
    Try this�

Open AOS
    Go to Operating System and Utilities
    Go to Battery Notifications
    Is use Custom Homescreen Icons turned on?

You left the Batteryicons folder on the device pictures folder correct?

I noticed when I change around my icons, that I have to open up Battery Notification and close it without making changes for the icon change to take affect
    dimm0k likes this.
    10-04-12 02:41 PM
419 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD