Hi Sultan,
    Can you also do a "summary since last reset" or let me know if one of the reports shows this?
    When I look at the 15 day view it shows, for each day, all the stats but I'm looking to see in totality how the device is doing since the last reboot in terms of:
    - adr
    - overall temp
    - mem leak (in percentage, mB's and against overall device memory- example: device mem: 768, mem lost: 76 mb, mem disharge rate:10%
    - messages (with the items you already show)
    The summary since last device reset is available from BB Device Analyzer app, unfortunately i structured my app to cycle per hour and per day, not per device reset. changing my app monitoring cycles and reports means i need to start from scratch.

Note: please keep in mind i use compressed/over-engineered logic to minimize my app's size.
    09-26-12 05:27 AM
    Ok. I was trying to cut down on it since I haven't discovered a shortcut to getting to battery drain rate for bbda. Also it doesn't show memory leak. BUT- I'd rather the compressed logic and the tons of stuff we get out of AOS than adding something that takes away the functionality. Thanks!!
    Running version 5.1.15 of AOS. So far so good
    09-26-12 05:31 AM
    Vecharo, try using iLaunch's custom actions.
    09-26-12 05:59 AM
    new Beta version available (note: battery monitor logs will be deleted)

new meters added to reports, (network received and sent in kilobytes, per hour)
    What is the longevity of the BM log? Is it deleted on a daily basis?

That was one of the first things I noticed after updating the beta... all data prior to update was gone.
    09-26-12 09:53 AM
    What is the longevity of the BM log? Is it deleted on a daily basis?

That was one of the first things I noticed after updating the beta... all data prior to update was gone.
    Sultan did say in his post that battery logs would be deleted if you installed the upgrade.

"new Beta version available (note: battery monitor logs will be deleted)"

There is a 15 day view, so I guess that is how long the info will be stored.
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 09-26-12 at 10:35 AM.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    09-26-12 10:30 AM
    Sultan did say in his post that battery logs would be deleted if you installed the upgrade.

"new Beta version available (note: battery monitor logs will be deleted)"

There is a 15 day view, so I guess that is how long the info will be stored.
    Wow, that totally went over my head.

I thought it meant it was part of the update, not a result.

Duh me...

Excuse me while I go drown myself in a pot of coffee.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    09-26-12 10:43 AM
    Just to say thanks, Sultan, for an awesome app!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    09-26-12 12:12 PM
    hello

beta's going great

one thing tho..

the battery skins

we need to find a way to compress all the different skins for diff batt levels in one file, and we need to find a location where it's not in the pics and somewhere on the sd card, and a easy way to just select and use it.. if that makes sense. cause the way it is now i cba changing skins at all lol
    hamsterwheel and wolfee48 like this.
    09-26-12 04:34 PM
    hello

beta's going great

one thing tho..

the battery skins

we need to find a way to compress all the different skins for diff batt levels in one file, and we need to find a location where it's not in the pics and somewhere on the sd card, and a easy way to just select and use it.. if that makes sense. cause the way it is now i cba changing skins at all lol
    As a bb expert or above average and new users, you have no issue using the word compression, and locations such as SD card. as for most of the users i have to deal with, its not English to them, so if i want most of the new and average users to use this feature (majority of bb users), i need it to be -proof.

i know most of the users here are used to changing skins using Batteryex, but batteryex is nowhere next to AOSLED popularity.

here are the questions i ask myself:

1- how many users will even use this feature ?
    2- how many users will change Battery skins ?
    3- how many users will want to change the skins more than once ?
    4- how many users have SD card ?
    5- how many steps required to change skins for the first time ? (most important)
    6- how easy it is for a novice user to change the skins on their own ?

im still trying to find an easier way, however every time a friend of mine tries to change skins while im watching, it doesnt look like its going anywhere, i imagine if i have to include extra steps what will happen
    BoldAlways likes this.
    09-27-12 02:41 AM
    Is there any way to make the battery skins optional? Some of us will never want the battery drain meter, so too many skins installed for a feature I'd never use is going to make me consider staying on the previous version. Putting them on the SD Card is preferred as that allows people like me to delete them.

On a related note - how do I make a copy of your application to my PC so I can reinstall it from there? If you are heading down a heavier application route with the battery app side, I would like to keep hold of the current version and have the ability to reinstall it.

Cheers.
    09-27-12 03:53 AM
    I'm very happy with the latest Beta version as it is.

Keep the battery icons plain and simple for me. All I want is the information clearly displayed, which it currently is.

There are enough things on the app to set up as it is without making unnecessary options available.

With MeterBerry no longer being available due to Mobihands demise I would guess that former or prospective users will be looking at the new AOS as a viable alternative.

Long term MeterBerry users never had the option to change the icons and I don't recall it being an issue or the developer being requested to add it as an option.

The App is a tool, not a toy.

Just my view.
    BoldAlways and wolfee48 like this.
    09-27-12 04:06 AM
    Is there any way to make the battery skins optional? Some of us will never want the battery drain meter, so too many skins installed for a feature I'd never use is going to make me consider staying on the previous version. Putting them on the SD Card is preferred as that allows people like me to delete them.

it is already optional, i never provide an option without a way to disable it completely

there is nothing saved on the file system if you disable the feature, it will ONLY make a folder in pictures folder to place images if you enabled the option, otherwise nothing will be created
    Batter Pudding likes this.
    09-27-12 04:11 AM
    Long term MeterBerry users never had the option to change the icons and I don't recall it being an issue or the developer being requested to add it as an option.
    Its not an issue for AOSLED, and having custom Homescren Icons is also optional

so enabling the icons to show on homescreen is optional, and customizing the icons is also optional, you choose what you want to enable and the app will take care of the technical bits for you
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    09-27-12 04:19 AM
    it is already optional, i never provide an option without a way to disable it completely

there is nothing saved on the file system if you disable the feature, it will ONLY make a folder in pictures folder to place images if you enabled the option, otherwise nothing will be created
    You are just too good at this. Thanks You have such old-school thinking about minimal resource use which is so refreshing to see.
    09-27-12 04:57 AM
    Tested the various Beta Versions with 3 different base 7.1 OS's and .sfi (radio) files with BL Hybrids

Worked a treat with every one.
    deezy87 likes this.
    09-27-12 07:58 AM
    As a bb expert or above average and new users, you have no issue using the word compression, and locations such as SD card. as for most of the users i have to deal with, its not English to them, so if i want most of the new and average users to use this feature (majority of bb users), i need it to be -proof.

i know most of the users here are used to changing skins using Batteryex, but batteryex is nowhere next to AOSLED popularity.

here are the questions i ask myself:

1- how many users will even use this feature ?
    2- how many users will change Battery skins ?
    3- how many users will want to change the skins more than once ?
    4- how many users have SD card ?
    5- how many steps required to change skins for the first time ? (most important)
    6- how easy it is for a novice user to change the skins on their own ?

im still trying to find an easier way, however every time a friend of mine tries to change skins while im watching, it doesnt look like its going anywhere, i imagine if i have to include extra steps what will happen
    oh ok, well fair enough

i just thought it was a cool (in my opinion that is haha) idea to input into the app perhaps. with the closure of mobihand, users aren't able to access battery ex anymore (unless backed up) so i thought ohh why not make this app even better (even tho very hard to compete hehe ) and have an option to do battery skins etc. 'cause i figured it'd bring a lot more popularity to the app

if i'm honest i've just been using the icon for ADR but putting my own icons there

i'm sure if the idea pops up again by popular demand you'll do all you can to make it user friendly

still, this night led tho.. LOL, just kidding

thanks Sultan!
    Sultan Al Sooz likes this.
    09-27-12 11:07 AM
    still, this night led tho.. LOL, just kidding
    the only reason i included the option to change the night icon to a custom one because of your first comment about the night led icon, so now you have the option to change it to whatever you like

as for adding extra steps so people can easily choose between different skins, its doable, but not as easy as battery ex.

however if it is only one skin you want to use, then it is much easier to use my app than batteryex , no compressing files or folders and no need to remember where to save those folders, just replace the picture you want to get it showing on your homescreen
    ria__x likes this.
    09-27-12 12:51 PM
    Sultan...

Did you get my email regarding custom iLuanch action from home screen?
    09-27-12 01:08 PM
    Sultan...

Did you get my email regarding custom iLuanch action from home screen?

my bad, im getting more emails than expected, its becoming very hard to reply to each email, so im skipping few without noticing.

as for "help me" screen, there is another key shortcut just using the alt key. (Alt + eace). this one will work

s
    wolfee48 likes this.
    09-27-12 01:15 PM
    my bad, im getting more emails than expected, its becoming very hard to reply to each email, so im skipping few without noticing.

as for "help me" screen, there is another key shortcut just using the alt key. (Alt + eace). this one will work

s
    When do you not have a solution?? Haha. Thanks!
    09-27-12 01:23 PM
    however if it is only one skin you want to use, then it is much easier to use my app than batteryex , no compressing files or folders and no need to remember where to save those folders, just replace the picture you want to get it showing on your homescreen
    aye i use battery ex for the battery percentage and been using your app for the battery drain per hour so i will be changing that skin from time to time, but i still have liek 300+ batt ex skins haha
    09-27-12 02:05 PM
    another new beta version available, Nothing will be deleted, so safe to install

this one is final for battery monitor and homescreen icons (sorry @hamsterwheel, after many experiments i decided to keep it basic, but i did try ) , everything is fixed and made ready.

i might add few more options to iLaunch before i submit version 15.1 to app world in 2 days
    09-27-12 03:39 PM
    another new beta version available, Nothing will be deleted, so safe to install

this one is final for battery monitor and homescreen icons (sorry @hamsterwheel, after many experiments i decided to keep it basic, but i did try ) , everything is fixed and made ready.

i might add few more options to iLaunch before i submit version 15.1 to app world in 2 days
    Beta looks good so far. Temperature bug gone that we discussed. I�ll respond later if I find anything else that needs attention.

Oh and I like the color change for info (blue, red, orange).
    09-27-12 04:14 PM
    I'm happy to be a beta tester for Sultan! This is a super app, for real!
    BoldAlways likes this.
    09-27-12 08:45 PM
    Is there anyway for the Popup Manager to include a setting to where you Turn OFF say the "Battery Enabled Saver" popup window? I kept getting that today and I couldn't disable it.

I'm looking at the Battery Saving Mode Feature and there is no setting either.

I know it was the Popup Manager because the body background and text colors are at it's default of black and white.

Are you still trying to come up with the Immediate Auto Text Paste feature I mentioned many posts back?
    09-28-12 02:28 AM
419 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD