Just to prove that Sultan is the man, I am now running a Beta Version with the battery level indicator in the notification area as per MeterBerry and it is working perfectly.

Will report further once I have been running it for a while.

Thanks as always to Sultan.
    wolfee48 and AbuYazeedUK like this.
    09-21-12 10:09 AM
    Big shout out to Sultan for helping me diagnose the issues I'm having! This guy is the best!
    09-21-12 10:28 AM
    Attachment 117394

i thought of making my own since i finished adding the new option to my app
    That's perfect
    09-21-12 10:33 AM
    Sultan has the best customer service! Sorted out my blank screen issue within a half hour, you're the best, dude!
    09-21-12 12:32 PM
    Wait! I have a blank screen too! LOL
    What's the answer?
    I've been using AOS but not to it's full capabilities. I was a bit overwhelmed and low on time. However now I'm ready to dive in
    When I click on battery monitor report I get a blank white screen.
    I have auto download attachments activated but when I open an email the images don't load.
    thanks in advance!
    09-21-12 12:48 PM
    Wait! I have a blank screen too! LOL
    What's the answer?
    I've been using AOS but not to it's full capabilities. I was a bit overwhelmed and low on time. However now I'm ready to dive in
    When I click on battery monitor report I get a blank white screen.
    I have auto download attachments activated but when I open an email the images don't load.
    thanks in advance!
    1 way to solve this if your not running the beta version.

- open app, click menu, select backup and restore, then "Restore Default Settings".

hope this helps.
    09-21-12 12:56 PM
    But if I do that I have to load allll my settings (contacts, colors, etc) all over again correct? Now granted. it works (had to try since I have a back up on my sd card).

of course as it happens...media card error galore. Repair failed. not looking forward to copying this 32g sd over, formatting and copying it back....but, such as it is......

In the meantime, I'm looking forward to the beta with the battery metric enhancements
    Last edited by vecharo; 09-21-12 at 01:07 PM.
    09-21-12 12:58 PM
    But if I do that I have to load allll my settings (contacts, colors, etc) correct?
    Back up your settings first and restore after re set I guess.

Open app. Pres BB Key and back up and restore is in the drop down menu.
    09-21-12 01:08 PM
    But if I do that I have to load allll my settings (contacts, colors, etc) correct?
    Thats true.

however, another solution is to restore an old backup (backup before upgrading to version 15).

if you dont have an old backup, then i will still provide you with the option to download the beta version to fix your issue without having to loose anything
    09-21-12 01:08 PM
    Sultan...You. Are. Awesome.
    I don't have an old back up because my sd card is a tad bit shot at the moment. I'll pm you my info for a link. thank you soooooo much!

also, what about the email download issue? I have it set to download images only but when emails arrive the images are not downloading automatically. I set it then forwarded myself and email w/ images but they download. Other than activating it in that menu is there another feature that has to be activated for it to work?
    09-21-12 01:18 PM
    Wondering if you could resolve this minor issue. Under "Battery & Network Coverage" -- "No Network Coverage", I used to have the "Vib-short 3" setting and it worked fine. After the upgrade this setting now just produces one long vibration. How would I fix this?

Thank. Great app BTW.
    Last edited by hol3ykow; 09-21-12 at 01:55 PM.
    09-21-12 01:44 PM
    hi Sultan, On your FB page the page that provides the keys for 3rd party apps is not loading. I've tried it on Chrome and Firefox and get a connection error on both. The error on Chrome is: This webpage is not available
    The connection to Sultan Al Sooz Website was interrupted.
    09-21-12 01:54 PM
    How do you make the restart app work from favorite apps menu? I add it in there, but nothing happens when I click it. The restart works if I just click on the red button in the main settings window, but not when added to favorite apps or even custom actions.
    09-21-12 03:06 PM
    How do you make the restart app work from favorite apps menu? I add it in there, but nothing happens when I click it. The restart works if I just click on the red button in the main settings window, but not when added to favorite apps or even custom actions.
    Setup a custom action for it. In that section set the top choice to advance OS and LED then choose whatever key u want to use for the shortcut. Then for custom actions use these, Open menu - open menu - open menu - click. Then save it all. When u launch it thru the custom action it will reboot for u.
    09-21-12 03:14 PM
    Setup a custom action for it. In that section set the top choice to advance OS and LED then choose whatever key u want to use for the shortcut. Then for custom actions use these, Open menu - open menu - open menu - click. Then save it all. When u launch it thru the custom action it will reboot for u.
    Nope, doesn't work that way. The only way to make it restart is to click the red button.
    09-21-12 03:45 PM
    Nope, doesn't work that way. The only way to make it restart is to click the red button.
    Sorry that it didn't work for you. I know mine is setup that way and it launches thru custom actions. I have my space key set to launch the iLaunch so I hit the space key twice and then the R key which I have set for the shortcut and the custom action reboots the device. I'm sure when Sultan wakes back up he will get it straight for you.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    09-21-12 04:12 PM
    hi Sultan, On your FB page the page that provides the keys for 3rd party apps is not loading. I've tried it on Chrome and Firefox and get a connection error on both. The error on Chrome is: This webpage is not available
    The connection to Sultan Al Sooz Website was interrupted.
    My website has a help section, which also includes the above mentioned solution

www.alsooz.com/help.aspx?install#f1q4

hope this helps
    09-21-12 09:04 PM
    Wondering if you could resolve this minor issue. Under "Battery & Network Coverage" -- "No Network Coverage", I used to have the "Vib-short 3" setting and it worked fine. After the upgrade this setting now just produces one long vibration. How would I fix this?

Thank. Great app BTW.
    hi,

it is the way v15 is designed, but what are you trying to set ? multiple vibrations or a short vibration ?
    09-21-12 09:07 PM
    My website has a help section, which also includes the above mentioned solution

www.alsooz.com/help.aspx?install#f1q4

hope this helps
    That page comes up as page not found. I'm not sure what you mean when you say your "website has a help section" relative to my original comment. yes, I'm looking for the key codes but more importantly.... I'm saying that something is wrong with your website . That's the important stuff
    09-21-12 09:12 PM
    hi,

please post here what have you tried to setup for the restart custom action ?
    09-21-12 09:13 PM
    That page comes up as page not found. I'm not sure what you mean when you say your "website has a help section" relative to my original comment. yes, I'm looking for the key codes but more importantly.... I'm saying that something is wrong with your website . That's the important stuff
    lol, it was a typo mistake

the help section on my website has the solution to the problem your facing, and many other solutions you might face a problem for in the future, its your #1 help resource for my app

here is the correct link
    Advance OS and LED Official Help / FAQs
    09-21-12 09:16 PM
    Thanks for the update Sultan, this app really should come preloaded with every blackberry.

Simple question: Is there a way to get an alert when bluetooth device is disconnected? that would be useful whenever i forget my playbook somewhere
    09-22-12 03:27 AM
    Thanks for the update Sultan, this app really should come preloaded with every blackberry.

Simple question: Is there a way to get an alert when bluetooth device is disconnected? that would be useful whenever i forget my playbook somewhere
    lol, smart thinking

but its not possible, to my knowledge Bluetooth connection and disconnection is not visible to 3rd party apps.

hope this helps.
    09-22-12 03:55 AM
    Happy to report that the Battery Monitoring on the Beta Version is working great, no issues found whatsoever.

Thanks Sultan
    09-22-12 04:38 AM
    lol, smart thinking

but its not possible, to my knowledge Bluetooth connection and disconnection is not visible to 3rd party apps.

hope this helps.
    There's an app, "B-Link" that claims to do that, but i can't get it to work for my playbook.
    Sultan Al Sooz likes this.
    09-22-12 06:16 AM
419 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD