lol, here is a graphics tip, never save a picture in BMP format, try gif, jpeg or png

ok, back to battery monitor, i misunderstood your first request, i was thinking you want a totally new icon which replaces (or shows on top of) the default battery icon (top left corner)..

so you just want the attached, not a problem

what about changing the icon depending on the battery level, and supplying your own icons ?
    hello

i would also like this feature? like battery ex? i can direct you to a thread full of fantastic battery ex skins? if your app can do this i'm sure you will get ALOT more followers as you can no longer download battery ex due to the shutdown of mobi hand

link to thread.. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-1-5-a-484175/
    dbugem and AbuYazeedUK like this.
    09-20-12 02:25 PM
    oh is battery temp gonna be added too? i will delete meter berry if so!!!
    dbugem likes this.
    09-20-12 02:27 PM
    already added and @Legal Eagle seems to like it after trying it
    AbuYazeedUK, ria__x and dbugem like this.
    09-20-12 02:41 PM
    Meterberry & BatteryEx can most probably be deleted now
    ria__x likes this.
    09-20-12 02:43 PM
    Sultan has very kindly sent me a link to V15.1 Beta which includes Battery Temp.

Currently testing and seems to be working fine.

Running in parallell with MeterBerry to check readings and so far so good.

Will keep you all updated.
    ria__x likes this.
    09-20-12 02:43 PM
    hello

i would also like this feature? like battery ex? i can direct you to a thread full of fantastic battery ex skins? if your app can do this i'm sure you will get ALOT more followers as you can no longer download battery ex due to the shutdown of mobi hand

link to thread.. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-1-5-a-484175/

the app icon is not visible when phone is password locked, but the notification icon is visible, how about an icon for battery on the notification area (toggle between night led and battery icon) with a battery level next to it, similar to the image i got from @Legal few threads back ?
    09-20-12 03:10 PM
    the app icon is not visible when phone is password locked, but the notification icon is visible, how about an icon for battery on the notification area (toggle between night led and battery icon) with a battery level next to it, similar to the image i got from @Legal few threads back ?
    hey, erm what i think would be cool, and push battery ex aside is.. make a battery homescreen icon available,with an option of either temp, or level. and users can make a designated folder to put battery skins in, and choose to customise their battery homescreen icon?

like what i would like is what i already have, BUT in your app. lol!

bottom right corner where the rose and 99+ is, is battery ex, so if you could make something like that i'd be forever in your favour!

i actually don't like the night led icon myself tho, so i'd turn that off straight away
    dbugem likes this.
    09-20-12 03:37 PM
    hey, erm what i think would be cool, and push battery ex aside is.. make a battery homescreen icon available,with an option of either temp, or level. and users can make a designated folder to put battery skins in, and choose to customise their battery homescreen icon?

like what i would like is what i already have, BUT in your app. lol!

Click to view quoted image

bottom right corner where the rose and 99+ is, is battery ex, so if you could make something like that i'd be forever in your favour!

i actually don't like the night led icon myself tho, so i'd turn that off straight away
    lol, ok so how many pictures and when to assign each picture? when does batteryex changes pictures ?
    09-20-12 04:22 PM
    lol, ok so how many pictures and when to assign each picture? when does batteryex changes pictures ?
    ok on a standard battery ex skin you have one pic for charging and one pic for discharging. some battery ex skins change with each 10%, some don't, it's all up to you. you don't even have to make the skins, well say you make some samples and then give users the option to use all the battery ex skins we already have

i've attached a custom battery ex skin that was made for me. we keep our battery ex skins in the following place.. memory card>blackberry>m4dev>skins>batteryex and the files are usually zipped or you can extract but you have to have like just the images and the folder, not a folder, in a folder, or it wont show lol. i know some good skin makers i can recommend
    09-20-12 04:44 PM
    ok on a standard battery ex skin you have one pic for charging and one pic for discharging. some battery ex skins change with each 10%, some don't, it's all up to you. you don't even have to make the skins, well say you make some samples and then give users the option to use all the battery ex skins we already have

i've attached a custom battery ex skin that was made for me. we keep our battery ex skins in the following place.. memory card>blackberry>m4dev>skins>batteryex and the files are usually zipped or you can extract but you have to have like just the images and the folder, not a folder, in a folder, or it wont show lol. i know some good skin makers i can recommend
    why not make it simple for very one, 3 icons only (battery low, battery charging and battery not charging but above low battery) low battery threshold is already adjustable in my app (under battery notifications).

i can see you already use only 3 icons as well. but mine will only be 32x32px icons since it will only be toggled between night led icon and battery icons. how does this sound to everyone ?
    09-20-12 05:23 PM
    why not make it simple for very one, 3 icons only (battery low, battery charging and battery not charging but above low battery) low battery threshold is already adjustable in my app (under battery notifications).

i can see you already use only 3 icons as well. but mine will only be 32x32px icons since it will only be toggled between night led icon and battery icons. how does this sound to everyone ?
    yes that sounds good to me, will we have the option to choose our own tho perhaps ?
    09-20-12 05:28 PM
    Sounds good
    09-20-12 05:31 PM
    Hey, Sultan!
    This sounds fantastic...let me offer my help...I make skins for the current Battery Ex app that everyone uses.
    The notification icon is 32x32, and there is also an icon that shows on your app screen that is 64x64 in both discharging and charging.
    Is there a way to have an icon show in the app screen using the larger size...like this

The hearts there on the right hand screen is battery ex - the larger icon. The same icon shows on home screen notification, with the number but is 32x32..

Does this make sense?

Thanks!
    09-20-12 05:45 PM
    Hey, Sultan!
    This sounds fantastic...let me offer my help...I make skins for the current Battery Ex app that everyone uses.
    The notification icon is 32x32, and there is also an icon that shows on your app screen that is 64x64 in both discharging and charging.
    Is there a way to have an icon show in the app screen using the larger size...like this

Click to view quoted image

The hearts there on the right hand screen is battery ex - the larger icon. The same icon shows on home screen notification, with the number but is 32x32..

Does this make sense?

Thanks!
    sure it does, i have a good idea about the icons pixels for each icon set (notification bar and App homescreen icons) and OS versions

i was hoping to only make the Notification bar icons (the 32x32 for os5+ and 48x48 for os 7+), because i would like to keep my app icon (logo) unchanged.

once im done with upgrading the battery notification feature , i might need 3 battery icons 32x32px to be set as default with app installations, maybe you can post the ones you think are the best for skin lovers

total 3 icons (maybe a 4th icon for night led if possible for @ria_x )

- battery low
    - battery charging
    - battery not charging but above low battery.

hope this is enough info, im still not sure of everything, but lets give it a try

many thanks
    09-20-12 06:08 PM
    sure it does, i have a good idea about the icons pixels for each icon set (notification bar and App homescreen icons) and OS versions

i was hoping to only make the Notification bar icons (the 32x32 for os5+ and 48x48 for os 7+), because i would like to keep my app icon (logo) unchanged.

once im done with upgrading the battery notification feature , i might need 3 battery icons 32x32px to be set as default with app installations, maybe you can post the ones you think are the best for skin lovers

- battery low
    - battery charging
    - battery not charging but above low battery.

hope this is enough info, im still not sure of everything, but lets give it a try

many thanks
    Of course, I can make those..in fact, I will make a custom one for advance os and led - I could use your logo or something else...let me think...
    So all 3 in what size? 32x32 or 48x48 or both? And I would need to know how to name the images (what kind of naming structure) battery ex uses discharging_100 for the large and discharging_100i for the small in 20% increments
    charging_100 and charging_100i etc.

Also I wasn't thinking of changing app icon...I kinda like that logo myself, but as extra icon that would show up in addition to your app icon.

Sort of like what that app Target Date has...it has the app icon, and then a separate icon for the actual target icons (which I also made some for)

Let me know
    deezy87 likes this.
    09-20-12 06:20 PM
    Of course, I can make those..in fact, I will make a custom one for advance os and led - I could use your logo or something else...let me think...
    So all 3 in what size? 32x32 or 48x48 or both? And I would need to know how to name the images (what kind of naming structure) battery ex uses discharging_100 for the large and discharging_100i for the small in 20% increments
    charging_100 and charging_100i etc.

Also I wasn't thinking of changing app icon...I kinda like that logo myself, but as extra icon that would show up in addition to your app icon.

Sort of like what that app Target Date has...it has the app icon, and then a separate icon for the actual target icons (which I also made some for)

Let me know
    icon size is 32x32 (i still support OS 5) but users can change it to 42x42 or more for OS 7.0 (maybe os 6.0 as well)

i will only implement 1 set of icons (small), so it will be charge_xxx and discharge_xxx with 20% difference (wow 10 icons, thats alot of file size already, i might only use 3 as default and allow users to add the rest to keep my app size small ).

hope this helps and many thanks
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    09-20-12 07:29 PM
    icon size is 32x32 (i still support OS 5) but users can change it to 42x42 or more for OS 7.0 (maybe os 6.0 as well)

i will only implement 1 set of icons (small), so it will be charge_xxx and discharge_xxx with 20% difference (wow 10 icons, thats alot of file size already, i might only use 3 as default and allow users to add the rest to keep my app size small ).

hope this helps and many thanks
    Yes ok, I think I got it PM me your your email so I can send to you and we can test and see how it works..
    09-20-12 07:52 PM
    Attachment 117394

i thought of making my own since i finished adding the new option to my app

i have send a PM to hamsterwheel and waiting for a reply, maybe she can provide better looking icons
    09-21-12 03:42 AM
    lmaooo! cheeky man
    09-21-12 04:10 AM
    yes, there is only 1 reason why the ARM will close my app, its because you didnt close my app main screen properly, you must always close my app main screen using Back key and not end call key, never leave its screen running in the background
    ;0
    ah, that was probably it. ta !
    09-21-12 05:45 AM
    Attachment 117394

i thought of making my own since i finished adding the new option to my app

i have send a PM to hamsterwheel and waiting for a reply, maybe she can provide better looking icons
    Replied...
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    09-21-12 08:04 AM
    I'm having difficulties viewing battery logs....I was able to view it and now I get a white blank screen. If anyone knows how to fix this I'd greatly appreciate it!
    09-21-12 09:18 AM
    Pleased to report that the battery temp function kindly added by Sultan is working like a dream.

Only thing with the battery monitor that does not seem to be registering is the time on charge figure which stubbornly remains at zero
    09-21-12 09:25 AM
    You must have enabled the battery saving mode (ignore network and battery), for the charge to be captured, you must have the charge LED ON and working
    Pleased to report that the battery temp function kindly added by Sultan is working like a dream.

Only thing with the battery monitor that does not seem to be registering is the time on charge figure which stubbornly remains at zero
    Check out post#47-49.

I had the same question. Resolved. I just set the LED to black so it doesn't flash.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    09-21-12 09:38 AM
    Check out post#47-49.

I had the same question. Resolved. I just set the LED to black so it doesn't flash.
    this will no longer be a requirement in my next release, @Legal Eagle is already testing my latest beta since few minutes ago
    wolfee48 likes this.
    09-21-12 10:07 AM
419 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD