I, like a number of others, have an 8900 on OS 5 using TMobile's Visual Voice Mail. To be specific I am on .411 of OS 5. What happens is that you have to go to My TMobile and switch your phone over to the 9700 and save the change, then go into your services and check mark "Visual Voice Mail" and then submit the change. This worked fine up until the outtage the other day. Now, when I have Visual Voice Mail provisioned on the 8900 (with my phone as the 9700 on TMobile) I can't get my Voice Mail notifications. They get hung-up in the system. TMobile had to kill my voice mail and reprovision it from their tech side to make it work again. I tried several times to remove Visual Voice Mail and then engage it again on the TMobile site... but no luck. I am wondering if TMobile has gotten wise to users with 8900s using Visual Voice Mail prior to the official 5.0 being relased for the 8900 with it's version of VVM. Something has changed that is for sure. Just a heads-up for those who may be having issues like I am.

I had to reload OS 5.0.0.411 (after wiping the 8900) and leave VVM unprovisioned to receive my Voice Mail notifications.
    12-24-09 07:32 PM
    I just called Yesterday to get visual voice mail on my second line, they asked what phone I have I said 8900 and she placed me on hold added it I resent my service books and boom it was there im running 5.0.0.348
    12-24-09 07:35 PM
    I just called Yesterday to get visual voice mail on my second line, they asked what phone I have I said 8900 and she placed me on hold added it I resent my service books and boom it was there im running 5.0.0.348
    How did you resend the service books for VVM? The only place I can resend books is under the e-mail config but that's only for email accounts (and yes, I tried it anyways).
    04-15-10 06:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD