After reading all the rave rewiews about how much better opera mini than the BB browser. I downloaded and installed it. TWICE NOW!!!! same crappy results.

the browser is fast, bUT I can't enter anynumbers into the address bar. so basically, any web address addy that has a number in it, I can't go to it.
    for example, if I want to enter the number "3", I have to hit the "!?123" button on the virtual keyboard to pull up the numbers. but when I type a 3, OPera Mini reports an R in the address bar. Ugghhhh!!!! over and over, it happens.
    also, I use the right convenience button to hide/show the keyboard. IN Opera MIni, the right convenience button acts as a backspace. very frustrating.

has anyone else had these issues. the browser seems really fast, but I find it useless if I can't type any numbers while using the App.

thanks.
    05-05-09 09:48 PM
    Search is your friend, question has been answered many times.
    Click on settings and disable Auto Complete problem fixed.
    05-05-09 09:51 PM
    ma

After reading all the rave rewiews about how much better opera mini than the BB browser. I downloaded and installed it. TWICE NOW!!!! same crappy results.

the browser is fast, bUT I can't enter anynumbers into the address bar. so basically, any web address addy that has a number in it, I can't go to it.
    for example, if I want to enter the number "3", I have to hit the "!?123" button on the virtual keyboard to pull up the numbers. but when I type a 3, OPera Mini reports an R in the address bar. Ugghhhh!!!! over and over, it happens.
    also, I use the right convenience button to hide/show the keyboard. IN Opera MIni, the right convenience button acts as a backspace. very frustrating.

has anyone else had these issues. the browser seems really fast, but I find it useless if I can't type any numbers while using the App.

thanks.
    the version is not compatible with the storm. you can still access full websites, and it is instant access to any website. as for not being able to type numbers, that has never been a problem. are u locking the shift button on the keyboard. are you downloading from m.opera.com.....
    05-05-09 09:58 PM
    Yeah I had the same issue. Till i stumbled across a post that covered this, I just thought it was a bug. I love Opera, and I regularly use it. Only time I go with the regular BB browser is when I have to download something. Sucks that I can't copy text from sites or when I click to view the page info..... unless I missed that?
    05-05-09 10:01 PM
    thanks.

i did search for opera mini issues but couldn't find this. maybe it was because I searched prior to registering on the forums. maybe the search function isn't as accurate for unregustered users.

thanks!!!
    05-05-09 10:02 PM
    disable autocomplete to fix the keyboard issues.
    05-05-09 10:15 PM
    yup...that's what i did.

thanks to you ,too
    05-05-09 10:26 PM
    Still better than bb browser or bolt. Storm specific version would be nice tho.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 11:48 PM
    Is there any way to get rid of the pop up that asks to give Opera access to the network?

07-05-09 01:15 PM
    Is there any way to get rid of the pop up that asks to give Opera access to the network?

enable your firewall and then go under the opera permissions and change internet to prompt instead of allow.

That is the only way to do it for me. Others stated you could just enable the firewall and then when the pop comes up, you would have an option to stop the pop up everytime. That didnt work for me though
    07-05-09 01:30 PM
    Why wont opera let me click on the next page in a series? It thinks its a phone number. I can only look at page 1, what am I missing?

07-05-09 06:13 PM
    Why wont opera let me click on the next page in a series? It thinks its a phone number. I can only look at page 1, what am I missing?

There's a fix for that, but I have to remember the steps. Check this thread later.

07-05-09 09:50 PM
    There's a fix for that, but I have to remember the steps. Check this thread later.

Ok. Type this in address bar without quotes: "Config:" then click ok to send.

That takes you to a poweruser page for OM. The setting to change is something like "phonenumber detection" you'll figure it out from there.

Last edited by catbertz; 07-05-09 at 10:00 PM.
    07-05-09 09:55 PM
    How are you disabling this, when Igo into settings I can see auto complete with the box checked but I cannot get the box to uncheck no matter wheat I do?????
    07-05-09 11:32 PM
    How are you disabling this, when Igo into settings I can see auto complete with the box checked but I cannot get the box to uncheck no matter wheat I do?????
    keep trying...it will do it eventually
    07-05-09 11:34 PM

Ok will do, Im getting cross eyed from looking at this thing. Thanks again..
    07-05-09 11:36 PM
    Just to make sure I am doing this right, I go into settings and try to uncheck the box right. is it touch or click. I have tried both many, many times but nothing happens
    07-05-09 11:38 PM
    touch....its a blast...
    07-05-09 11:41 PM
    Opera mini gives me the chance to rest from surepress. It takes a little getting used to buy browser is worth it.
    07-05-09 11:47 PM
    touch....its a blast...
    I mut be doing something wrong. It des not do a thing when touch it. the only things i can seem to touch and change are to change the skin and clear cookies. and the drop downs images for fonts and image sizes
    07-05-09 11:57 PM
    Try rotating your phone then tap it. OM check boxes can be difficult to use. Rotating works most of the time for me. Not sure why...
    07-06-09 12:00 AM
    Just to make sure I am doing this right, I go into settings and try to uncheck the box right. is it touch or click. I have tried both many, many times but nothing happens
    Tip to get it done.

click show keyboard on setting screen. scroll down to bottom of page, then press letter U. you should see "clear cookies..." highlighted, then keep pressing U to move up to disable "auto-complete". When you have that highlighted, then click return button to uncheck box. DONE
    Last edited by catbertz; 07-06-09 at 12:05 AM.
    07-06-09 12:01 AM
    Tip to get it done.

click show keyboard on setting screen. scroll down to bottom of page, then press letter U. you should see "clear cookies..." highlighted, then keep pressing to move up to disable autocomplete. When you have that highlighted, then click return button the uncheck box. DONE
    Nice tip...blows mine out of the water...
    07-06-09 12:04 AM
    Tip to get it done.

click show keyboard on setting screen. scroll down to bottom of page, then press letter U. you should see "clear cookies..." highlighted, then keep pressing to move up to disable autocomplete. When you have that highlighted, then click return button the uncheck box. DONE

Thanks, Tried it and it worked awesome.....
    07-06-09 12:05 AM
    Cool! Spread it around.
    07-06-09 12:07 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD