Hi, I am visually impaired and was curious if anyone knew of an app that would turn the camera with auto focus into a magnifying glass? If not, is it possible for someone to create one? There are several magnifying apps for the iphone, but avoiding to switch services. thank you.
    11-13-09 07:18 AM
    You could just flick up on the camera to zoom in which is what a magnifying app would probably do. That's really the only thing I can think of but if I come across an app that touts that ability, I will be sure to let you know.
    11-13-09 08:19 AM
    This application is really needed by the visually impaired. There are several products on the market that do this as a dedicated app (Portable Magnifiers for Reading on the Go) but cost hundreds and are just one more thing to carry when BB could do the same....
    The BB would have to Zoom to about 5X (i think it can only do 2X now) and focus close up....can it physically do it?
    If anyone sees an app like this please let me know. [email protected] Thanks
    02-06-10 06:43 AM
    Wow what a fabulous idea! It would be very nice if someone could come up with an app. My husband can't read menus when we are out and often forgets his glasses. This would be a great app to have on hand for those times.
    02-06-10 11:43 AM
    I agree. I think there would be a substantial market for such an application.
    02-07-10 06:06 PM
    I agree....Great idea for an app
    02-07-10 06:21 PM
    I'm not sure of any app, but I did hear of a little trick that may help. If you can find an old DVD player, remove the lens from the laser and place over the camera lens on the phone. This should create a macro effect and will give you a nice clear closeup picture. I have not done this myself, but I have heard from several people that it works very well.

Here is a DIY.
    02-07-10 08:06 PM
    Horrible idea, just get glasses + magnifying glass = WIN!
    02-07-10 08:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD