I finally broke down and bought 2 3rd party games from Magmic.com
    I made sure that they were compatible with the BB pearl 8130 before I purchased. I paid for both games and received both activation codes.
    They downloaded OTA after setting permissions. When I started the games they asked me to activate the game with my codes, which I did. On both of the games the screen just goes to blank white and that's it. Very dissapointing. I sent Magmic an email for some customer support. They sent me a message back the next day telling me there would be 10 -14 day wait for some customer service. Unbelievable! Has anyone else had this problem? Is this just normal? I don't think I will be purchasing anything else from them unless I get some help very soon. Here is their automated e-mail in full:

Thank you for contacting Magmic Games. This response serves as confirmation that we have received your Customer Service inquiry from Magmic.com.

CURRENT SUPPORT WAIT TIMES: VERY HIGH

Magmic and Bplay.com are both currently experiencing very high service volume. At the current rate, wait times for response may approach 10-14 days. While we will endeavor to address your support issue(s) as quickly as possible, we want to provide you a realistic expectation based on our current queue status.

Please know that your support issue is important to us. Please refrain from re-submitting multiple service inquiries, as doing so will only cause your inquiry to fall further back in the queue.

IMPORTANT NOTE BLACKBERRY USERS REGARDING PIN NUMBERS: If you are a BlackBerry user, your BlackBerry PIN number is REQUIRED for most support issues. If you have not already provided your BlackBerry PIN number to us through the Support Form, please provide it as soon as possible, which you can do by replying to this e-mail using your BlackBerry and typing "mypin" followed by a space in the body of the e-mail. This will add your PIN to your support ticket and result in faster service. You can find your BlackBerry PIN by going to SETTINGS, then OPTIONS, then STATUS. Your BlackBerry PIN is a unique 8 character long hexadecimal number, with the digits 0 through 9 and A through F, like this: 23FB90A5

If you have not already visited our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section for solutions to common problems, we encourage you to do so. The FAQ section is located here:

Again, we will endeavor to address your inquiry as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

Magmic Games/Bplay.com Support Team
    02-11-08 06:55 PM
    I have the same problem with them. I was billed and invoiced a certain amount and my credit card was charged more. On the receipt it states something about AMEX and the way they calculate the currency exhchange between USD and the Canadian dollar. Needless to say, I emailed them and received the same response as you. 10-14 is not customer service. How could it possible take that long to get back to an inquiry?

In my business, if I took that long to act, I would be fired and the company would probably go out of business. Regardless, the monetary amount is minimal but it's the principle. If they don't refund I will go through AMEX to get this fixed.

Everyone else should look out to see if they are being charged correctly through Bplay.
    02-12-08 07:04 AM
    Could it be a ONE-PERSON company on vacation???
    02-12-08 09:02 AM
    Actually, I sent a request for help and received a response that solved my issue within one day. My issue was an "uncaught exception" with CallOfDuty4. The quick response may have been more possible because I provided my PIN in the help request. Or....maybe it was just a simple problem that required downloading the application again to solve.
    02-15-08 07:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD