magicIcon the first application to change application icons without Theme!!

Requires OS4.7 and Higher

Installation
    -------------

1 ota http://www.toysoft.ca/beta/magicIcon.jad

2 set all permissions for magicIcon to allow in the Options app for magicIcon

Changes in v2
    ---------------

- new main screen. icons are not shown. this will improve scrolling speed

-replaced all media shortcuts eg: Pictures, Video, Media. this should work on all version of the OS starting with 4.7

- added Rollover icon support.
    05-18-10 10:32 AM
    Cool! I'm loading it now.

What does "Rollover icon support" mean?

What would be nice would be a way to save your settings.

BTW - Is it supposed to be "Blackberry Messager" or "Messenger"?
    05-18-10 10:52 AM
    Nice !

downloading it right now ... Thanks
    05-18-10 10:54 AM
    Will this be free or pay for after beta, and if used for beta, will there be a free upgrade to the released version?

ONly asking because I dont want to get sucked into buying something that Im using, that I wouldn't normally pay for.

Thanks
    05-18-10 10:58 AM
    Will this be free or pay for after beta, and if used for beta, will there be a free upgrade to the released version?

ONly asking because I dont want to get sucked into buying something that Im using, that I wouldn't normally pay for.

Thanks
    you will need to pay after beta.
    05-18-10 11:02 AM
    Cool! I'm loading it now.

What does "Rollover icon support" mean?

What would be nice would be a way to save your settings.

BTW - Is it supposed to be "Blackberry Messager" or "Messenger"?
    Rollover is when you touch the icon on the Storm or use the thumbwheel and move to highlight the icon. when this happens you see the second selected or "rollover" icon.

save what settings? settings are saved even when you reset your bb. you can have all the icons change back after the reset. but if you do an os upgrade then you will have to redo all the icons.
    05-18-10 11:04 AM
    save what settings? settings are saved even when you reset your bb. you can have all the icons change back after the reset. but if you do an os upgrade then you will have to redo all the icons.
    That's what I meant. Is there anyway to save them to the SD Card for when we do an OS upgrade? The Rollover is a nice touch!
    05-18-10 11:18 AM
    is it possible to make this availible for OS 4.5?
    05-18-10 12:43 PM
    What's the upgrade route from the prior version? I don't want to lose what I have if I may have to repurchase.
    05-18-10 01:40 PM
    Just tried it on Bold 9000 OS 5.0.
    It works perfectly and the rollover feature is very cool!!!!!
    05-18-10 02:08 PM
    No option to change our 'email' icon, not listed in drop down list of apps..also would be nice to have the option to save to the sd card...also the selected icon we may choose does not fill up the entire icon block.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-10 04:22 PM
    I always use .png files for icons. I think you have to go to Options>Advanced and download "Messages" Application (small 2KB file) which allows you to personalize the icon. I did it for the Browser and Music. Give it a try.

Under "Advanced", the application "Files OS5" can't be selected. Is that a bug?
    Last edited by PossumPete; 05-18-10 at 06:57 PM.
    05-18-10 06:13 PM
    no option to change the messages icon either.......
    05-18-10 07:31 PM
    What's the upgrade route from the prior version? I don't want to lose what I have if I may have to repurchase.
    free upgrade. just install over the current version.
    05-18-10 08:01 PM
    Under "Advanced", the application "Files OS5" can't be selected. Is that a bug?

Bump!

10 Char
    05-19-10 04:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD