magicIcon the first application to change application icons without Theme!!

Every wanted to change some of the system icons or 3rd party applications and dont want to install a custom Theme? or you just want to change one icon on the Theme? Well you can with magicIcon.

Change the application icon is simple. Just select the application from the list and select the custom picture. The picture can be any format jpg, png, gif as long as the BB support it. The best result is edit your picture or icon to match with the BlackBerry OS icon size on the desktop computer and then save it to the sd card. For Storm and Tour the format size is 73 x 73. If the picture is larger than the icon size then it will be resized.

Changes to all application's icon are persist during a reset meaning they will not be reset to the default icon.

magicIcon also works with all custom Themes. You can change the application's icon.

Note: Not all system application's icon can be changed.

To download trial or purchase click here magicIcon - Change system and 3rd party application icon with any picture - Personal Productivity Blackberry Software
    Last edited by Smiley88; 10-16-09 at 10:47 AM.
    10-07-09 04:07 PM
    - Added Advanced feature to change other system applications such as SMS, Messages, BB Messager, Manage Connections

- Added default Themes: Andriod, iPhone and Linux. Goto the Theme Manager in the menu

- Added Refresh Icons. If you have custom Theme in Options application then some icons may need to be refreshed. Just run magicIcon and select Refresh Icons from the menu.

- Change application icon
    10-16-09 10:47 AM
    I have a 8900 and I running OS5. Do you know if the Music and Pictures Icons work. I know the media wont but should the individual links work?
    10-17-09 10:50 AM
    I have a 8900 and I running OS5. Do you know if the Music and Pictures Icons work. I know the media wont but should the individual links work?
    if you are running v230 then probably NO. we have tested on v252 and it works
    10-18-09 09:41 AM
    Can I use this to change icons on folders that I have created on the homescreen? I have the Storm 9530 running OS 5.0.0.328. Thanks.
    12-04-09 10:35 AM
    Can I use this to change icons on folders that I have created on the homescreen? I have the Storm 9530 running OS 5.0.0.328. Thanks.
    no. you can not change folders.
    12-04-09 01:38 PM
    will this work on a BOLD 9000 running OS 5?
    12-04-09 05:04 PM
    will this work on a BOLD 9000 running OS 5?
    Yes. works on OS4.7+
    12-04-09 05:29 PM
    - Added Advanced feature to change other system applications such as SMS, Messages, BB Messager, Manage Connections

- Added default Themes: Andriod, iPhone and Linux. Goto the Theme Manager in the menu

- Added Refresh Icons. If you have custom Theme in Options application then some icons may need to be refreshed. Just run magicIcon and select Refresh Icons from the menu.

- Change application icon
    How do I change the Messages icon? I went to Advanced and it seems that I have to download something else?
    12-06-09 10:45 AM
    How do I change the Messages icon? I went to Advanced and it seems that I have to download something else?
    i noticed that too..... Now I have BBM icons. what gives?
    12-06-09 10:49 AM
    you need to install the Messages template app. once installed you can change the icon and it will show up on the homescreen
    12-06-09 01:53 PM
    you need to install the Messages template app. once installed you can change the icon and it will show up on the homescreen
    Will I be able to choose my own icon once I install the Messages template app?
    12-06-09 03:21 PM
    Will I be able to choose my own icon once I install the Messages template app?
    yes but what you need to do is hide original message app
    12-06-09 07:09 PM
    I downloaded this and all of them work except for BBM. I have no idea I downloaded the template and it changes the icon on there, but it won't change it on BBM that works. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-10 01:26 PM
    I downloaded this and all of them work except for BBM. I have no idea I downloaded the template and it changes the icon on there, but it won't change it on BBM that works. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

goto the advanced options in magicIcon menu and see if you can change it there. after you set up the new icon you need to hide the system bbm icon.
    01-05-10 01:39 PM
    I just did that. It shows up but it shows up on the BBM that I can't use. The one I click on that actually works shows up with the default hemisphere theme icon. Not sure what's going wrong with this one, because the other icons I used worked. Thanks for any help you can provide. I appreciate it

01-05-10 01:57 PM
    any help would be appreciated. thanks
    01-05-10 05:27 PM
    Could it possibly not be working because BlackBerry Messenger is spelled like this BlackBerry Messager? Would the wrong spelling have anything to do with it?

01-06-10 09:19 AM
    Could it possibly not be working because BlackBerry Messenger is spelled like this BlackBerry Messager? Would the wrong spelling have anything to do with it?

not sure but i will have to test this out. you have a 9700?
    01-06-10 09:41 AM

here is what i do on the 9700 to change the BB Messenger icon.

1 run magicIcon
    2 select the menu key and select Advanced
    3 select the BB Messenger in the Application popup
    4 check both checkboxes
    5 select the Apply button
    6 look for the icon on the HomeScreen and move it to the Instant Messaging folder
    7 Hide the system Blackberry Messenger icon

see screen shots below

is this what you are looking to do?
    01-06-10 10:52 AM
    Yea that's what I'm looking to do, but its not working. All of my other ones work. Not sure of the problem. When I check the restore on restart and hit apply and close it out and then go back to it the box is unchecked. I feel like an *****, but I followed your directions exactly as you put them

01-06-10 12:14 PM
    The icon with the bird shows up but I try to click it and it doesn't do anything. The actual BBM that works shows up with the default icon

01-06-10 12:20 PM
    Yea that's what I'm looking to do, but its not working. All of my other ones work. Not sure of the problem. When I check the restore on restart and hit apply and close it out and then go back to it the box is unchecked. I feel like an *****, but I followed your directions exactly as you put them

what version of the OS do you have? i'm testing this on 5.0.228 bb 9700
    01-06-10 12:25 PM
    Where do I look to find out? Yes it is a 9700

01-06-10 01:12 PM
    It says 5.0.0.330

01-06-10 08:36 PM
82 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD