I have a suggestion for the app Magic Icon which I love, since when I make new BB themes, I can then theme 3rd party apps to match.

The problem is, that some 3rd party apps, their icons change back as soon as you launch the app and then close it... like Viigo for one. I'd also like to be able to skin the icon for apps like Instango etc. - same thing, initially the icon will change with Magic Icon but then change back.

I noticed that in the Magic Icon app there is an option to 'refresh icons' which brings back all the icons I currently had set - even the ones that the apps themselves changed back (like Viigo).

My suggestion is to include an option to auto refresh the icons on a set (fast) interval so that they will remain how you had them customized.
    An other suggestion might be to be able to create shortcuts on the apps screen to all the 3rd party apps kind of like you did for Facebook.
    01-02-10 09:34 PM
    I have a suggestion for the app Magic Icon which I love, since when I make new BB themes, I can then theme 3rd party apps to match.

The problem is, that some 3rd party apps, their icons change back as soon as you launch the app and then close it... like Viigo for one. I'd also like to be able to skin the icon for apps like Instango etc. - same thing, initially the icon will change with Magic Icon but then change back.

I noticed that in the Magic Icon app there is an option to 'refresh icons' which brings back all the icons I currently had set - even the ones that the apps themselves changed back (like Viigo).

My suggestion is to include an option to auto refresh the icons on a set (fast) interval so that they will remain how you had them customized.
    An other suggestion might be to be able to create shortcuts on the apps screen to all the 3rd party apps kind of like you did for Facebook.
    would it help if magicIcon refresh on a interval like 1 min or would you prefer a app that you launch to refresh all the icons? with the interval method it will use battery because it will have to be running
    01-02-10 11:22 PM
    would it help if magicIcon refresh on a interval like 1 min or would you prefer a app that you launch to refresh all the icons? with the interval method it will use battery because it will have to be running
    Well, I'd rather have it automatically keep refreshing the icons... because Magic Icon already works the other way, and it's a bit tedious to always have to go into the app and click 'refresh' every time I use an app that changes its icon back to the original. Wouldn't be so bad if the developers of 3rd party apps didn't go with the precision style icons. They look horrible with any non-precision style themes.

As I said, another suggestion would be to make it a function of Magic Icon, to create shortcuts (like it already does for Facebook for example) but allow it to do so for ALL the user installed 3rd party apps. That way the icons would stay put.
    01-03-10 12:58 AM
    I emailed you about this today as well. I would really like to be able to control the size of the icons, as they often are smaller than the theme icons.

Also, I like the idea of being able to build my own app launchers within the program, so I can skin apps like crunchSMS and others.
    07-08-10 11:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD