I'm betting we've all wanted to pass variables across macros,

I put a link on the official SCM Macro thread with a brief how-to using the clipboard to pass a variable across macros.
    Last edited by ONE618; 10-30-11 at 05:09 PM.
    Vijik and dimm0k like this.
    10-30-11 05:06 PM
    I'm betting we've all wanted to pass variables across macros,

I put a link on the official SCM Macro thread with a brief how-to using the clipboard to pass a variable across macros.

When I added Clipboard related macros I wanted to make it possible to import data/macro into a shortcut.
    I wasn't aware of this possibility: Shortcut to Shortcut communication.
    Very interesting and innovative!
    10-30-11 05:14 PM
    I am trying to write a macro that creates an email, and adds people to be cc'd on the email. Can you please suggest some syntax?

Thanks.
    11-17-11 04:14 PM
    I am trying to write a macro that creates an email, and adds people to be cc'd on the email. Can you please suggest some syntax?

Thanks.
    I moved this over to the proper-ish thread and posted a general idea of how to do it (the best way I could do it). http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-apps-f35/handy-shortcutme-5-0-macro-shortcuts-549683/index62.html#post6860602
    11-17-11 11:26 PM
    In ShortcutMe 5.9.5.0 (for all BB models running BB OS 7) and 5.6.5.0 (for all BB models running BB OS 4.7+ to 6.x) :

Following macros added:

- WaitTil (Wait until a test returns TRUE)

- LaunchAndWait (Launch and wait until an app is launched and comes to foreground)

- WaitTilDelay (Delay used for WaitTil and LaunchAndWait test loops)

- NavMovePlusShiftOn (Holds down the SHIFT key when a NavMove Up/Down/Left/Right macro is executed after this macro)

- NavMovePlusAltOn (Holds down the ALT key when a NavMove Up/Down/Left/Right macro is executed after this macro)

- NavMovePlusNothing (Resets the effect of the above two macros)

- GetSCMVersion (returns version of the ShortcutMe currently running)

- GetBatteryLevel (returns battery level (0-100))

- GetProfileVolume (Returns volume level set based on the current profile settings)

- GetBatteryTemp (Returns battery temperature in Celsius)

- GetForeground (returns name of the application that is in foreground)

- GetGlobal (sets $$Result to the value of a global variable)

- SetGlobal (sets value of a global variable)

- StoreGlobals (Stores all global variables into the store)

- RestoreGlobals (Restores all global)

- IsProfileOnVibOnly (Returns TRUE if the Device Profile is set to VibrateOnly)

- Inputs (opens a screen where user is asked to enter value for one or more variables)

------------------------------
    Macros changed:

- ImportMacro now accepts file name to import macro from a file in memory or on uSD card

- Input macro now accepts text
    Input $Var1 ,Please enter your year of birth;

- Input, Inputs and Show macros accept timout parameter:
    Input $Var,Enter A Number #3000; ($$TimedOut is set to false or true after this ‘Input’ macro is executed)
    ----------------------------

I will add them to the macro list on the first page of this thread
    Last edited by Vijik; 11-21-11 at 08:09 PM.
    anon(4113192) likes this.
    11-21-11 07:19 PM
    Please help me understand what I am doing wrong:

Shortcut BTT:
    App Name Bluetooth_Toggle

Shortcut BBB:
    Ap Name BlackberryBridge

App Name: Macro
    Macros:
    If0 IsBtOn;
    Then0 ;
    ImportMacrobbb;
    Else0;
    ImportMacroBT;
    ImportMacroBBB;
    EndIf0;

It tells me "No macro found". Why?
    11-21-11 08:00 PM
    Moved your post to the thread below so that it gets the attention from macro experts subscribed on that thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post6870357
    11-21-11 08:24 PM
    The new version of ShortcutMe has following new macros:

- IsValidNumber
    Example:
    IF2 IsValidNumber $var3;
    THEN2;
    ENDIF2;

- IsValidText
    Example:
    IF2 IsValidText $var4;
    THEN2;
    ENDIF2;

- EndsWith
    Example:

IF2 $var4 EndsWith er;
    THEN2;
    ENDIF2;

- StartsWith
    Example:

IF2 $var4 StartsWith 2gt;
    THEN2;
    ENDIF2;

- A bug in Show macro is also removed

New versions that are released with these macros are:

- 5.9.6.0 for 9900,9930,9980, 9810,9850,9860,9790,9350,9360,9370, and 9380

- 5.6.6.0 for all other BB models (81xx, 82xx, 83xx, 85xx, 88xx, 89xx, 90xx, 91xx, 93xx, 95xx, 96xx, 97xx, and 9800) running BB OS 4.7 to 6.x

- 5.6.5.9 for all other BB models running BB OS 4.3.x to 4.6.x
    03-23-12 04:36 AM
    I'm really looking for some help with macros in Shortcutme. I'd like a macro that can open a particular folder I have made in Media>Pictures, and so I can see the thumbnails.
    (Launch Media, navigate three to the right, click click and click)

I've made that, except that if media is already running in the background, the same macro then does all sorts of crazy things. So I wanted to be able to use the IF/ELSE commands, in order that this stream of actions only occur if Media ISN'T running in the background already, or some other logical workaround. Can anyone help?
    03-29-12 09:16 AM
    oh wait, I'm going to repost this in the Handy ShortcutMe 5.0 Macro Shortcuts thread.
    03-29-12 09:18 AM
    In ShortcutMe 6.0 and 6.1, following macros are added:

- IsModuleForeground (returns TRUE if a specific module runs in foreground)

- IsModuleRunning (returns TRUE if a specific module is running)

- GetModuleForeground (returns the module name for the app on the screen)

- LaunchModuleAndWait (launches a module and waits for it to come to foreground)

- LaunchModule (launches a module)

- CloseOptions (Makes sure that BB Options is closed and not on a sub page. This is handy for any macro you have to change a setting in BB Options).

- SafeMode_On (turns on Safe Mode to prompt you when a macro tries to click a key, an item, or a hotkey)

- SafeP (invokes a Safe Mode prompt)

- SafeMode_Off (Turns off Safe Mode)

- SelectFrom (Brings up a screen with a list of options. $$Result will be set to selected option number, starting from 0)
    04-13-12 05:51 AM
    ShortcutMe 6.2 (6.2.0.0 up to 6.2.2.0) has following new macros:

- SearchAndRun (Search for something and then launch it directly from macros)

- TurnWifiOn

- TurnWifiOff

- TurnRadioOn

- TurnRadioOff

- TurnBtOn
    (only for BB OS 6 and 7)

- TurnBtOff (only for BB OS 6 and 7)

- TurnNFCOn (only for BB OS 6 and 7)

- TurnNFCOff (only for BB OS 6 and 7)

- 'Set' and 'SetGlobal' macros can now do +, -, *, and / calculations.
    Calculation is done step by step from left to right.

Example: Set $Var1 = 3 + $V1 - 53 + 32;

Example: Set $Var2 = This +is +an +example; /*$Var2 is now equal to "This is an example" */
    Last edited by Vijik; 07-05-12 at 04:22 AM.
    07-02-12 03:59 PM
    Is it possible to make a shortcut that will open the calendar and if it sees a birthday, alert me and send an email to that person? Also, how do i know what the application name is that I want to open? Say for instance, what is the correct name for the home screen? As you can see, I am very new to the macro's, and to blackberry itself. Also, how do I know how many bytes are on each smart tag?
    Last edited by TafferJim; 08-09-12 at 10:14 PM. Reason: afterthought question
    08-09-12 10:12 PM
    Is it possible to make a shortcut that will open the calendar and if it sees a birthday, alert me and send an email to that person? Also, how do i know what the application name is that I want to open? Say for instance, what is the correct name for the home screen? As you can see, I am very new to the macro's, and to blackberry itself. Also, how do I know how many bytes are on each smart tag?
    Please ask this question in the thread below:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...screen-715658/

Trying to keep this thread as a reference manual to macros in ShortcutMe.

Thanks.
    08-11-12 07:23 AM
    Following macros are available/changed in ShortcutMe 6.2.4.0 but not mentioned here in this thread (which works as the Reference Manual for macros in ShortcutMe):

Following macros are added:

- SearchOptionsAndOpen /*Searches for a name in BB Options and opens the first match: Usually the setting page for name specified*/
    Example:
    SearchOptionsAndOpenBlackBerry Bridge; /* Opens settings page for the BlackBerry Bridge*/

- AutoLaunchAdd /*Schedules a shortcut to launch x minutes later*/
    Format: AutoLaunchAdd ANumber, MinutesFromNow, ShortcutToLaunch;
    Example:
    AutoLaunchAdd 1,65,TBT; /*Sets AutoLaunch # 1 to launch TBT shortcut in ShortcutMe 65 minutes from the time this macro is executed. The number 1, is a number identifying this auto launch. Macros can later on, override this autolaunch with a new timing and shortcut key if they use the same number*/

- AutoLaunchRemove /*Removes a previously added auto launch by 'AutoLaunchAdd' macro */
    Example:
    AutoLaunchRemove 1,TBT; /*Removes AutoLaunch # 1 if it was set to launch TBT shortcut in ShortcutMe */

- StopAndRunShortcut /*Stops running the macros in the current shortcut and launches a new shortcut in ShortcutMe*/
    Example:
    StopAndRunShortcut AB; /*Put this at the end of one macro shortcut to run a new shortcut. This can in most cases eliminate the need to have CascadedShortcuts*/

- GetCB /*Returns the text stored in the BB's Clipboard*/

- GetWaitTilDelay /*Returns the value used for delays in LaunchAndWait, LaunchModuleAndWait, etc */

- GetYear

- GetDayOfWeek

- GetSSID /*Returns SSID of the router the BB is connected to (if any) */

Following macros are enhanced:

- SelectFrom macro accepts font size parameter
    Example:
    SelectFrom **20, Option1, Option2, Option3; /*Increases the font size with number 20 */

- SelectFrom macro accepts '//' as parameter for shortcut keys for the shown options.
    Example:
    SelectFrom f//irst,s//econd. /* F is now the shortcut for 'first' option, and S is now the shortcut for 'second' option */
    Last edited by Vijik; 08-11-12 at 08:40 AM.
    08-11-12 08:19 AM
    Hey, I need some help with this. I'm trying to make a macro to use with NFC to launch a playlist and shuffle the order so it doesn't start with the first song every time. Right now I have this that works:

Launch Media_Music;
    Delay 900;
    MenuItemFromBottom 2;
    NavClick;
    Delay 100;
    MenuItemFromTop 2;
    MENUKey;
    MenuItemFromBottom 7;
    NavClick;

EXCEPT if the media is still open before and is already in a different page, it'll select the wrong things. What should I add so that if it was already running from before to either go back to the original screen after you launch media_music for the first time, or just exit it so it can launch from scratch? I know it'll be something with the if-then macros, but not completely sure about how to use those just yet. Kind of similar to Java which I used to know way back when, lol. Can someone show me what to add to that macro?

Thanks!
    09-28-12 08:32 PM
    @slagman5,

The following macro in ShortcutMe 6.2.6.0 running on BB OS 7.1.442 makes sure that Media is closed. It doesn't run anything if Media app is not open. (useful to run it before your macro):

If2 isAppRunning MediaCommon;
    Then2;

Launch Media_Music;
    Delay 600;
    While2 IsAppRunning MediaCommon;
    Do2;
    *ESCKey;
    Delay 50;
    EndWhile2;

EndIf2;
    09-28-12 09:21 PM
    Thanks a million, seems to work just fine so far. :-)
    09-28-12 10:21 PM
    Following macros are added in ShortcutMe 6.2.7.0:

- SwitchInputTo
    Switches keyboard input language to the specified language after "remembering" current input language. Following languages are supported: Arabic(ar) , Catalan (ca) , Czech (cs), German (de), English (en), French (fr), Hindi (hi), Italian (it), Korean (ko), Polish (pl), Russian (ru), Thai (th), Turkish (tr), Vietnamese (vi), Chinese (zh), Spanish (es)

Example: SwitchInputTo es;/* Switches input language to Spanish*/

- SwitchInputBack
    Switches keyboard input language back to what it was before changing it to another language (in SwitchInputToEnglish macro)

- IsInputEnglish
    Returns TRUE if the keyboard input language is English.
    10-21-12 07:27 PM
    10-24-12 06:23 AM
    I want to know
    *ESCKey<-----"*" what does it mean?

Thank you...
    11-28-12 02:01 AM
    I have a BOLD 990 and using SM 5.0.

Please, I need help with a macro. I managed to figure out how to write a macro that :

Turn on Wifi (or turn it off)
    Turn on Bluetooth (or turn it off)

and this works fine.

Now I want to add the following but CANNOT figure it out. Need some help please.

Want to first add:

Turn on SILENT RING PROFILE

Then :

Turn on BEDSIDE mode

I've hit a wall here. Thanks for any suggestions.
    04-18-13 10:25 AM
    I have a BOLD 990 and using SM 5.0.

Please, I need help with a macro. I managed to figure out how to write a macro that :

Turn on Wifi (or turn it off)
    Turn on Bluetooth (or turn it off)

and this works fine.

Now I want to add the following but CANNOT figure it out. Need some help please.

Want to first add:

Turn on SILENT RING PROFILE

Then :

Turn on BEDSIDE mode

I've hit a wall here. Thanks for any suggestions.
    Not sure if SM 5.0 has BedsideMode_Toggle or not, but you can setup your phone so when Beside Mode is selected, it will use the Silence Ring Profile. BB OS 7.1 has the Bedside setting as part of the Clock Application.

Hopefully this gets you in the right direction!
    04-18-13 11:47 AM
    Personally, I've decided not to use shortcutme for this particular functionality since it requires the use of navigating through the menu to change profiles (which doesn't work well when the phone is locked or holsterd). Instead I've found a great profile changing app that does it perfectly when the phone is locked or holstered and doesn't use navigation to accomplish it - is does it with internal functions (from what I can tell). Check out: Profile Changer - by Toysoft

Profile Changer for BlackBerry OS 7.1 takes care of profile management for you | CrackBerry.com

It's by far the best one out there, and I've tried them all.

Note: I LOVE shortcutme and use it for many things, just not this particular function.
    04-18-13 11:59 AM
    Personally, I've decided not to use shortcutme for this particular functionality since it requires the use of navigating through the menu to change profiles (which doesn't work well when the phone is locked or holsterd). Instead I've found a great profile changing app that does it perfectly when the phone is locked or holstered and doesn't use navigation to accomplish it - is does it with internal functions (from what I can tell). Check out: Profile Changer - by Toysoft

Profile Changer for BlackBerry OS 7.1 takes care of profile management for you | CrackBerry.com

It's by far the best one out there, and I've tried them all.

Note: I LOVE shortcutme and use it for many things, just not this particular function.
    ToySoft does great software (been using them since Palm was King). Profiler Changer has gone through a lot of variations as the Blackberry OS progressed. Cannot say enough great things about this developer.

Have to agree with the solution, though Bedside Mode has other advantages to just changing the Profile....don't remember them all, but Battery was one I believe (the Clock is another)!

Jeffrey
    04-18-13 04:25 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD