Hey,

I love BB10 (BBX?), I see so much potential for this operating system. But, this app nonsense is driving me nuts. I shouldn't have to sideload apps to have them work, even then they don't always function 100%(obviously). I'm loyal to Blackberry as I've had a 9300, 9700, 9780, 9790, pearl flip, and the Q10.

But is anyone else annoyed at the apps? I recently got GTA V, and there's a few apps on it that helps you with the game, like teaching your dog tricks and to better listen to you during missions. Couldn't find it in the app store so I went online and found it on Rockstar's website, only available for iOS and soon for Android and WP8, no mention for BB10. Apps like Instagram(with all this Instagram talk supposedly "in the works"), Google suite(talk, voice, maps, and mail). And about another few dozen I use. Even my Telus Optik TV app isn't available(but it's been saying Available on Telus' site since the Z10 launched), only available on legacy devices. This needs to change. I'm to the point of looking at the iPhone 5c - and I *HATE* iOS/Apple products(besides my iPod Classic due to the harddrive space but would much prefer a 160gb Zune!)..

What apps are you finding difficult to live without? I know I had purchased android apps/games that I now can't use.

My second device for my business line will either be an LG G2 or iPhone 5c, unless in the next month or two(or before Christmas) some good BlackBerry news comes out, one can hope.

I love my Q10, I love the keyboard (I was never unable to adapt to an on-screen keyboard, so this does wonders for me.

Any news for the average phone user? I have tried to convert my friends - who could use a Q10 but without the apps(both games and professional apps) they refuse to switch - and I don't blame them.

BlackBerry needs to approach a few big timers and pay them out a million for a specific app(like Instagram - 150 million users?!). Or google maps which is far above what BlackBerry maps offers(imho).

I love my phone otherwise,
    I wish BlackBerry the best of luck this holiday season!
    09-22-13 10:41 PM
    Hey,

I love BB10 (BBX?), I see so much potential for this operating system. But, this app nonsense is driving me nuts. I shouldn't have to sideload apps to have them work, even then they don't always function 100%(obviously). I'm loyal to Blackberry as I've had a 9300, 9700, 9780, 9790, pearl flip, and the Q10.

But is anyone else annoyed at the apps? I recently got GTA V, and there's a few apps on it that helps you with the game, like teaching your dog tricks and to better listen to you during missions. Couldn't find it in the app store so I went online and found it on Rockstar's website, only available for iOS and soon for Android and WP8, no mention for BB10. Apps like Instagram(with all this Instagram talk supposedly "in the works"), Google suite(talk, voice, maps, and mail). And about another few dozen I use. Even my Telus Optik TV app isn't available(but it's been saying Available on Telus' site since the Z10 launched), only available on legacy devices. This needs to change. I'm to the point of looking at the iPhone 5c - and I *HATE* iOS/Apple products(besides my iPod Classic due to the harddrive space but would much prefer a 160gb Zune!)..

What apps are you finding difficult to live without? I know I had purchased android apps/games that I now can't use.

My second device for my business line will either be an LG G2 or iPhone 5c, unless in the next month or two(or before Christmas) some good BlackBerry news comes out, one can hope.

I love my Q10, I love the keyboard (I was never unable to adapt to an on-screen keyboard, so this does wonders for me.

Any news for the average phone user? I have tried to convert my friends - who could use a Q10 but without the apps(both games and professional apps) they refuse to switch - and I don't blame them.

BlackBerry needs to approach a few big timers and pay them out a million for a specific app(like Instagram - 150 million users?!). Or google maps which is far above what BlackBerry maps offers(imho).

I love my phone otherwise,
    I wish BlackBerry the best of luck this holiday season!
    Hi, sorry to say....BB is fighting for their life. The employees that we're not pink slipped are spending there days looking for jobs. Developer relations are done. It was said on Fridays report BB is moving to Biz and Prosumer. I don't think additional app. movement is in the cards. I have 3 devices, after Friday, I gave up. I will use them until they die and move on. They really screwed the shareholders, customers and employees. Ohh, they did just buy a 27 million dollar corporate jet, just before 4500 layoffs. BB can go f themselves!
    09-22-13 10:51 PM
    27 million dollar corporate jet?! Do you have proof of this? That's outrageous!!!! They really did screw over the customers. I can only hope for a buyout and for it to go private, and somehow survive. That's ridiculous. I feel so sorry for the people that lost their jobs, I've been there and layoffs are never fun(nor are they intended to be of course). Ugh, whoever is in charge clearly doesn't give an F, like this BBM launch that went horrible, they had an opportunity and failed to seize it. So dumb and unfortunate. I'm so frustrated!
    09-22-13 11:00 PM