Has anyone experiment with locking apps and collected data related to which one uses the least amount of battery? I'm currently using Drag Lock from Bulbera which I like, but wasn't sure if any of their other offerings consume less battery, or different brand locking apps such as PatternLock, SpeedyLock, SwipeLock, et cetera. Which is the best is this regards? Thanks.
    12-26-11 08:18 PM
    Tgrape lock has the lowest power consumptiom of all the popular slider lock apps. I bought 5 different slide lock apps and tested all of them looking for the right one. Tgrape definitely has the lowest power usage.

In the end, I even got rid of tgrape and just use the lock button on the phone now, works perfect.
    12-27-11 06:48 AM
    I also tried a few lock apps and went back to a password I could type fast/easy to remember.
    12-27-11 06:59 AM
    i use tgrape on my 9930 running 7.1. works great but it does appear to have a memory leak after several hours
    12-27-11 09:03 PM
    try securex.
    12-28-11 01:16 AM
    I agree, the best locking app is the built in password lock. It also doesn't add any drain since its built in to the OS...
    12-28-11 03:48 AM
    I use the native password lock (locks after an hour of no use) and Patternlock (locks when holstered). No issues here with my battery life. I average around 2-3% per hour depending on my usage.
    12-28-11 10:09 AM
    The stock lock provided has the least battery consumption.. I have tried patternlock and Slidelock Pro.. now I'm using draglock but I'm thinking of going back to Autolock... I think Autolock has the least battery consumption from the other lock apps (except the stock lock).. The less features an app has, the less battery consumption it has.. CMIIW...

BlackBerry 9930 on Tapatalk
    12-28-11 10:52 AM
    Does anyone know what app has a lower runtime foot print between Patternlock and TGrape Lock OS7?

I see that TGrape is a smaller application in general but is it also kinder on the battery during use?

Additionally, does anyone know if TGrape shows push notifications over the lock?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-31-11 01:21 AM
    A poster earlier said that tgrape has the lowest consumption of battery from the 5 he tested. Also In tgrape settings you can make the background transparent. And see everything. That's the lock I prefer.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    12-31-11 08:48 AM
    I can't understand why anyone would actually pay for an app that the phone does by default, and securely at that. I would imagine that the lowest battery draining lock app is the default lock built into the OS.

Swiping to unlock is the equivalent to the keypad lock, which is great to prevent accidental key strokes. The true lock is the password that you put on the phone.
    BerryBubbles likes this.
    12-31-11 09:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD