I love my new Torch - coming from the Storm1 it is a big relief on many fronts. BUT...
    Should transferring Apps to a new phone really be a "one by one" activity?
    After spending parts of 3 days working on replacing my apps - I began to wonder. Why shdould it take the spriit of a hacker or techno to find, install, troubleshoot and determine what is not working?
    It seems that the iPhone, which I don't want, makes it easier to bring over your apps. If rumors of RIM getting more involved in the App store/conversion process are true - I think that's a good thing. We coudl use a "quick & easy, no thinking required process." Here is a sampling of things that I had trouble with...

--Garmin: found out they do not support OS7 yet (hpopefully end-November).

--SplashID: It should work but now I have to buy a desktop AND a mobile version. I had to email them to get an ugrade link for my phone. Hopefully it shoudl work but I have to follow a carefully described process and need to wait for a better time.

--BerryBuzz: THis worked fairly well as a process - but I still came to wonder "Why do I have to do apps one at a time, researching each one, figuring out a confusing regimen of upgrade numbers to see if I have to upgrade-free, upgrade-pay discounted amount or upgrade to a whoel new version and pay full price.

Again, Apple was on to something when they worked out their store - especially since they get people to line up for the new phones. There's got to be an easier way.
    eclipse33 likes this.
    10-24-11 03:12 AM
    Its easy for apple...because they only have one OS supported accross the platform.

Bbos is fragmented. A mutitude of OS on just as many devices. Screen resolutions. Touch screen vs keyboard.

I'm more concerned by the lack of hustle by the developers to get the apps that we were accustomed to on previous versions of the OS to work with the latest and greatest.

P.S. I love my torch too.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    10-24-11 07:34 AM
    Good points - can't disagree. Especially about getting the apps on OS7.

I like BB and want them to win, but I also try to keep my head & realize when things have shifted and are no longer as they used to be. This is one of those times when I woke up amidst celebrating no freezups, + actually wanting to use the web browser on the Torch and said - wait a minute, why am I working so hard?
    10-24-11 11:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD