check this out

i install facebook app on my 8830
    hate it. decided i'm over it. uninstall

it still kept the contacts synched, added little pictures, etc.
    contact stuff from facebook synched, so i had all this new info, but some #'s were erased.

have been using the phone, noticing more people not there, new people added. strange.

then today i synched using missing synch, and it wiped out all of the contacts aside from the ones i entered since the facebook install/uninstall.

does missing synch make backups? am i totally screwed?
    i have pocket mac on here too, used that and no luck. nothing. is there somewhere where old synch info is stored? old backups? anything? i thought the synch would do that... SYNCH, not erase. if my phone and laptop were synched before, doesnt that mean that the contacts are on the laptop somewhere? in entourage?

pretty sure i'm SOL. any help appreciated

a
    08-21-09 12:31 AM
    i just realized all of the contacts are in entourage's address book... how do i synch from that to my phone?

a
    08-21-09 12:47 AM
    fixed. ms entourage saves the friggin day
    never thought i'd be stoked on microsoft
    08-21-09 12:56 AM
    Wish I had entourage! I uninstalled Facebook today (for the same reason, all the unwanted pics and strange info in my contacts) and it did a similar thing -- but instead of deleting my contacts it deleted every single calendar entry! Does anyone have ideas? Unfortunately my last backup was a week ago. I'm now worried that it has deleted contacts, but I just haven't noticed them yet . . .
    01-13-11 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD