After activating my new 9650, I succussfully used appworld to download a few apps. A few days later I noticed the Pandora icon was no longer on my desktop. Tried re-downloading but no results (device indicating that I was "replacing" the app). but no real problem because I could still start Pandora through "my world" on appworld.

Yesterday, I was prompted to dpwnload the latest version of appworld. I did so and now I have no appworld icon and cannot load new apps. I get a message that the media is not supported by my device ( can still operate previosly loaded apps with the exception of pandora)

Is there anything I can do to restore appwrls application?

Thanks
    06-21-10 08:17 AM
    You need to find the old version of appworld.

The link below leads to a site in Spanish but you may be able to figure out the links and/or use a translation site to convert it:

Como recuperar el icono de la App World tras la instalación de la versión 1.1.0.35 | LaBlackBerry
    06-21-10 08:23 AM
    I too updated BB AppWorld yesterday and my Pandora has been freezing up. Then this morning all my ringtones would not work. "invalid ringtone" error. Did a battery pull to get ringtones back. Haven't tried Pandora yet. Think I'll remove AppWorld if it happens again.
    06-21-10 09:42 AM
    My App World icon is no longer there. When I tried to re install I get a message about the App World service book being different. I'm going to try deleting the books first then re installing.
    06-21-10 11:11 AM
    Lost APPWorld

That was going to be the title for my new book about CrackBerry and Apple addicts, to be followed by a full-length action film starring the Governator and eventually open a new theme park in Orlando by that name.
    06-21-10 11:28 AM
    I found BB's "fix" for the problem. However, it involves a complete phone wipe. I don't trust it enough to try it. I think I will just put up with no ability to obtain apps until there is a better solution.
    06-21-10 11:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD