Haha... sorry for the crazy title, but um.... that's how I feel right now. I just got the recommended 5.0 update when I connected my storm to the computer.... and whadda ya know it appears that most of my applications were deleted! Alright, thanks BlackBerry!

So, I appear to be missing my web browser, my facebook app, slacker doesn't work for me anymore, and neither does youmail......

AOL instant messenger was deleted.... Basically tons of stuff was deleted... and now I can't even remember all that is gone. Great, just *^$%#$#@ great.

Does anyone know what I can do??? Please HELP!!!!
    10-27-09 05:41 AM
    I don't have a lot of experience with this, but I have read there are couple things you can try. First you should reboot your bberry (while the phone is on, pull the battery, wait about 30 seconds and put the battery back in). If that doesn't give you everything back, then you can try resending your service books.

If you have already done this and are still having problems...sorry I couldn't help. Otherwise...hope this solves your problems.
    10-27-09 05:49 AM
    For the web browser, resend Service Books.

For the rest of your apps, if you didn't do a backup, you may have to redownload those apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 05:50 AM
    Alright I'll try to do a reboot thanks I didn't think of that.

What's resending service books? I'm still a noob...

Also, I'm pretty sure I did a backup.... before I did the update, it said a backup file would be made during the update, and I watched the progress bar move that said "backing up files." But I guess I wouldn't know how to add them back...
    10-27-09 05:53 AM
    Did you backup before you upgraded?

If you didn't then I doubt you can do anything, but redownload all the apps... Check in DM if all the apps are there, maybe you jus need to check the box next to them and reload them
    10-27-09 05:54 AM
    If youd did your research before upgrading you may have found this on the Smartphones, Cell Phones & Smart Phones at BlackBerry.com page for storm updates:

Please note: when updating your BlackBerry Storm smartphone from BlackBerry® Device Software v4.7 to v5.0, several applications will be removed from your smartphone. You'll need to reinstall these applications from an icon on your smartphone home screen or using the BlackBerry Application Center. View a complete list of impacted applications.

Until the update is complete, you will not be able to use your BlackBerry smartphone. Should you unplug or cancel the update process before completion, your smartphone may be unusable and you may need to restart the update process to regain use of your device.

Using this software and any updates or upgrades as provided by Research In Motion Limited or any of its affiliates ("RIM") is subject to the BlackBerry Software License Agreement ("BBSLA"), unless otherwise stated. The BBSLA is available at BlackBerry - BlackBerry | BlackBerry.com Legal Notices from Research in Motion (RIM).

You will need to reload the applications that are missing from their OTA download links.
    10-27-09 06:20 AM
    *****... very *****. Well I can't even find what you're refering to when I look for it, do you have a link? I cant remember what got deleted... I mean besides my soul.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 10-27-09 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Language
    10-27-09 06:31 AM
    what's really ***** is that some applications don't even remember my account.... I try to sign on now and they say my account isn't valid. *sigh*
    Last edited by chrisy520; 10-27-09 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Language
    10-27-09 06:32 AM
    what's really ***** is that some applications don't even remember my account.... I try to sign on now and they say my account isn't valid. *sigh*
    Hang in there. Take a deep breath. Set your storm down for a while, and relax.

Pick one problem you want solved and post it here and lets see if we can find a solution for it. After we get that one fixed we will move on to the next.
    10-27-09 06:40 AM
    I understand your frustration, but if you would have backed up third party applications none of this would be a problem.

There are two back ups that need to be done. One regular back up that you do with dm and then you need to back up third party apps with either DM or BBSAK.

I keep a copy of my registration confirmation numbers in my mail box for all third party apps. Every upgrade requires you to reenter that number.

Again sorry about what happened but it could have been avoided.
    10-27-09 07:05 AM
    I also lost all of my applications after the upgrade as well. But! Searching, and reading the forums here, I found the answers to most of my problems and got my BB back to the way it was before the upgrade. Hang in there, you and your storm will be fine if you don't get frustrated.
    10-27-09 07:16 AM
    haha that's so funny my posts all got sliced up.... I was crazy mad.... It's all good I guess.... I'm sure I lost some apps but if I can't remember what they are I guess it's not a big deal.... And the new OS looks much cooler than 4.7! So, you give some to get some I guess.

Thanks for the help.
    10-27-09 09:04 AM
    haha that's so funny my posts all got sliced up.... I was crazy mad.... It's all good I guess.... I'm sure I lost some apps but if I can't remember what they are I guess it's not a big deal.... And the new OS looks much cooler than 4.7! So, you give some to get some I guess.

Thanks for the help.
    If you don't remember the apps, they weren't very useful to begin with. So you could say 5.0 cleaned your phone of unnecessary apps.
    10-27-09 03:33 PM
    First of all please excuse any ignorance this post may convey, but I just downloaded OS5 today and my Password Keeper thing and Notes are gone. Did this happen to everyone else, or just me? I had some info in there I guess I should have wrote it down before..
    03-31-10 08:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD