So I upgraded last night to the 5.0 and now some of my apps are missing. I tried searching with no luck. My biggest one is my password keeper. I also had ones like epocrates, yelp, etc that i can see though my bb manager when i click on applications but there's no way to restore them they just show up in gray. I don't mind redownloading them if there's some way to delete them so it doens't waste space but HOW DO I GET MY PASSWORDS BACK!? please help! and i have a mac fyi
    04-09-10 07:05 AM
    I've lost all my apps, too. Along with the themes I had paid for
    04-11-10 09:00 AM
    Depending on where you downloaded the apps from (website,crack berry , app world...) you should be able to go into your account and re-download the apps. Most paid apps have a code they send you by email to register the app which verifies that you paid for it. If you still have issue just contact the the app/theme vendor.
    04-11-10 09:09 AM
    So I upgraded last night to the 5.0 and now some of my apps are missing. I tried searching with no luck. My biggest one is my password keeper. I also had ones like epocrates, yelp, etc that i can see though my bb manager when i click on applications but there's no way to restore them they just show up in gray. I don't mind redownloading them if there's some way to delete them so it doens't waste space but HOW DO I GET MY PASSWORDS BACK!? please help! and i have a mac fyi
    You'll have to use the os updater/launcher to load password keeper back. It's not application launcher in DM, but the launcher that you use when installing the OS (the only way I know how to get to it without having to load a new os is to use shrink-a-os and click on launch). Basically you had to select it when loading up 5.0...it won't show on a regular app list.

As for getting passwords back, you can't. DM doesn't back them up I think. I use password keeper to store notes that I don't want anyone else to see, but when I loaded a new hybrid, I found out that even if I re-install password keeper, the password file won't be restored. I guess this is a security measure to make sure no one can access the passwords via a back up file.
    04-11-10 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD