IS there such a software that will allow me to use my BB as a remote to control my TV?

If not, that's would be a great idea (i'll take 5%) .
    10-15-08 05:14 PM
    I know there was something like this avail for either a Palm or Windows Pocket. I would like to see a program like this also......
    10-15-08 05:21 PM
    My 6 year old ppc use to do that, would be cool if bb did as well.
    10-15-08 05:25 PM
    It was done on palm via the IR port so I don't think it is possible on bb...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-08 05:38 PM
    Ya I don't think any current blackberry has the technology to do this built-in.
    10-15-08 06:04 PM
    It was done on palm via the IR port so I don't think it is possible on bb...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    IR port is the magic word. IR (Infrared) is the communication most low-end and medium level A/V systems use for remote control. Since Blackberry doesn't have IR, then you can't take advantage of that.

If you are on a higher $$$ plain, and you are using ie: whole house control system like Crestron or AMX (to name a couple of the leaders in that field) that use touch panels for example to control everything from AV, Security systems, HVAC, Music & Video libraries etc. ie: for your mansion or estate one of the controls system manufacturers now support iPhone.

Back to planet earth... if you are using a Mac for your AV then I would imagine you can use iPhone and/or iPod touch to talk to your system.

Then back Blackberry... let's say you are using Microsofts Media Ctr. to control your AV and other stuff. Then in "theory" you could use you phone web browser to talk to your system.

All a bit of a pain in the ****.

Then back to the hi-end again. Those systems allow you to access your home from inside and outside. Connect to it via the internet, to view cameras etc. Or call your house before you get home to turn on the Driveway ice melter, heat up the home and send the elevator down to the garage.

Me, I'm in the business and I still have four remote controls on my coffee table I don't always practice what I preach

Oh, and I could stand corrected...
    10-15-08 06:04 PM
    IS there such a software that will allow me to use my BB as a remote to control my TV?

If not, that's would be a great idea (i'll take 5%) .
    See Unify4Life�
    10-25-08 05:14 PM
    whoa that is a pricey gadget...
    10-25-08 05:16 PM
    ^^ very cool. Good find
    10-25-08 05:18 PM
    whoa that is a pricey gadget...
    Obviously, you've never checked out the pricing of the intelligent universal remotes out there - several times this price.

(I think of it as getting one of those at a bargain and a BlackBerry for free)
    10-26-08 08:44 AM
    remote controls don't come with a subscription fee. it says

Unify A/V Solution
    Our package includes
    1 A/V Hub
    A/V Remote Control Software Version 1.0
    SoundStreaming™ technology
    UnifyGuide

1 Year Service
    Price: $99.99 USD

how much is the service after that?
    10-26-08 06:42 PM
    Never thought about this, but it would be neat to use my BB as a PS3 remote through Bluetooth. Anyone wanna build that app?
    11-06-08 11:29 AM
    Never thought about this, but it would be neat to use my BB as a PS3 remote through Bluetooth. Anyone wanna build that app?
    Yes........+1
    11-11-08 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD