I am a long time user of a Palm and its desktop software which allows synchronizing calendar and task lists, among other things. I just purchased a BB 8130 and understand that I cannot sync with the Palm Desktop.

This leads to my question ... I am looking for a program to take its place - where I can enter info on the computer or the Pearl and then sychronize the two. My office uses Groupwise 6.5 and I have been able to sync the calendar, but I do not think it will do the same for tasks. I have tried Google Calendar, but this only syncs calendar, not tasks. Neither will allow the creation of task lists. I have seen ads for a program Pocket Day, but cannot tell if that can be loaded onto my computer. It also looks pretty complicated.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
    03-22-08 11:07 AM
    Outlook is the easiest program to use. Enter your info into outlook, then use BB desktop manager to sync.
    03-22-08 11:10 AM
    oh yeah, I forgot - I don't have Outlook, although I realize that it may be the easiest way to do this
    03-22-08 11:40 AM
    First post, brand new to the boards, just got my Pearl a week or so ago.

Sorry not to be able to offer any help here, but I'd love to find something other than outlook that will sync. I am particularly partial to ACT!.

My specific desire is for a contact manager that is designed so that each task is directly associated with a contact. Outlook's tasks are completely on their own and makes keeping track of conversations very difficult (I'm in real estate and on the phone with a couple dozen people a day; pretty tough to remember where in a conversation I'm in with so many people). And of course, it has to sync with my shiny new blackberry!

So, I guess I'm sorta asking the same question. Heh, thanks in advance for anything helpful.
    03-22-08 08:23 PM
    ACT! can be used, you just need to use Companion Link:
    CompanionLink -- synchronize your CRM data with any mobile device.
    03-22-08 08:26 PM
    Has anyone found, or developed a way to sync a BB with Mozilla's Lightning for Thunderbird?
    03-27-08 10:52 AM
    Barry, I too came from the Palm to blackberry, While I enjoy the push of the blackberry Email, Palm rules when it comes to desk top programs. I too have been searching for decent programs to sync too. So far I have only found google for calendar and contacts, but nothing yet for Tasks or memos. Let me know if you find anything.
    03-21-09 08:55 PM
    Go to Chaos Software email client contact manager time management and try Intellect or Time & Chaos. You'll leave ACT forever.
    05-21-09 02:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD