Does anyone know of an email app that will run on an 8800 (OS 4.5), and supports IDLE, will run in the background, integrates with the address book, supports HTML emails, selecting / deleting / making multiple emails as read, and can put an alert in the notification area of the screen?

--Thanks.
    06-29-09 04:07 PM
    I am looking for the same thing as well.
    06-30-09 07:59 AM
    How about BIS? It does everything you are asking for.
    06-30-09 08:31 AM
    But it isn't a full IMAP implementation so any emails you send from your blackberry do not show in your other IMAP locations unless you monkey around with BCCs to another address and then move them to the IMAP's sent folder. It also doesn't allow you to mark an email as read from another place and have it change the read status on the BB. (Probably the two most important features of IMAP)
    06-30-09 03:43 PM
    It might not mark it as read on the bb and that is a pain but one i can live with.

With regards to the sending, it does that no problem, just create a folder in your imap list called sent, and put in the settings to upload sent messages, if you tell it you can also have everything you delete from your bb put into a trash folder just in case you get delete happy.

The only real pain for me was not being able to file messages into folders, now i either do it when i get home or use logicmail on the bb to move them into folders. Logicmail is not the best app out but it works and they are progressing every day, wont do full imap like you want in the background but its in development and getting their slowly.
    06-30-09 04:08 PM
    It has never done that for me on any of my imap accounts. (I current use 3 of them). One server has a fixed Sent Items folder that has never been used by BB.
    06-30-09 04:19 PM
    Just wait for OS 5.0. It'll do everything you want!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-09 04:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD